Sponsored

Dealer allotments in the DFW area question.

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
I've got three orders placed with three different dealers. None of them understand what the allotments are about and can give me an idea about how many they have. I've looked in the DFW area and I chose, what I thought, were the bigger Ford dealers in town to try to "hedge my bets" and get a hybrid ordered and delivered before Christmas 2021 (already heard the 2022/2025 delivery jokes, y'all). Has anyone else had any luck getting a dealer to divulge their total allotments for the month? Is this not something that the public is allowed to know? I only have my orders at the order processing stage so I've got a long way to go still. Any thoughts?
Any suggestions about which dealer might be more in line with Long McArthur Ford in Kansas (all those Maverick videos we love to watch)?

They are all the same vehicle (changing one of them tomorrow) and all hybrids.
Sponsored

Astropowell

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta SE (1.4L turbo, manual transmission)
I ordered from Bob Tomes in McKinney, mostly because I live in McKinney. But I am not in a hurry. I will be happy to get it when I get it. Just placed the order last Saturday. It was confirmed early Tuesday morning from Ford. XLT lux hybrid. Priority 19.

They didn't know anything about their allotment from what I could tell, but I didn't directly ask. Sounds like they have been processing a lot of orders. We'll see!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reached out to a bunch of DFW dealers and decided to order from Long McArthur. Mainly due to hearing “what Maverick” or “You want to pre-order!?!” Nothing against the dealers as a whole maybe Ford did a bad job of prepping them, I actually believe Ford did a terrible job prepping the dealers.

You couldn’t get within shouting distance of a Ford dealer in 2019 and all you’d hear is Bronco this, Bronco that. Not the case with the Mav. Ford failed their dealers as far as getting them prepped to take orders. Dealers like Long McArthur did the grunt work and learned about the truck thru brut force asking Ford. So if your dealer didn’t try hard they probably lost orders.

Sorry, didn’t answer your question. Dealers can 100% reveal allotments, Long McArthur does weekly.

*Not a paid advertisement for Long McArthur. Haha.

OP
OP
BigDinTX

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to a bunch of DFW dealers and decided to order from Long McArthur. Mainly due to hearing “what Maverick” or “You want to pre-order!?!” Nothing against the dealers as a whole maybe Ford did a bad job of prepping them, I actually believe Ford did a terrible job prepping the dealers.

You couldn’t get within shouting distance of a Ford dealer in 2019 and all you’d hear is Bronco this, Bronco that. Not the case with the Mav. Ford failed their dealers as far as getting them prepped to take orders. Dealers like Long McArthur did the grunt work and learned about the truck thru brut force asking Ford. So if your dealer didn’t try hard they probably lost orders.

Sorry, didn’t answer your question. Dealers can 100% reveal allotments, Long McArthur does weekly.

*Not a paid advertisement for Long McArthur. Haha.

So how do you plan to get your little gem back to Texas? I thought about it and the dealer that was doing the 4% under invoice, but I'd blow through the $1400 in "savings" just getting it back here.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I whent to 5star Ford in Dallas and everything when smoothly order a hybrid on 7/5 got my confirmation in less than 20 min once I heard about the bed liner problems I called them up and delete it 2 weeks later my truck got a built date of 11/8. I did put down a 500 deposit none refundable and I got it at msrp. I really don’t understand the multiple orders you have made it really doesn’t help you at all or did you mean reservations

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigDinTX

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to 5star Ford in Dallas and everything when smoothly order a hybrid on 7/5 got my confirmation in less than 20 min once I heard about the bed liner problems I called them up and delete it 2 weeks later my truck got a built date of 11/8. I did put down a 500 deposit none refundable and I got it at msrp. I really don’t understand the multiple orders you have made it really doesn’t help you at all or did you mean reservations
Non refundable deposit is a deal breaker for me. I've got three orders. You only get one reservation. Ford Marketing said that my orders are all under the same "reservation" that I placed back in early June. I'm kicking myself for not making a reservation and then converting it to an actual order that same day. Cory (above post) was spot on in that the dealers are not educated at all about what they should be doing to keep interest high with potential sales leads.

Dealers won't care if you make a hundred orders with them because they aren't getting dealer stock until the tsunami of orders are built and out the door headed to established purchases. Dealers LOVE when we tell them we're gonna pass on the Maverick so they can throw down on that ADM and make more cash on it. If you don't buy it, there's a 100 others willing to pay extra for it now. I've had two of the dealers tell me that they won't cancel the order if I wanted to.

I hope you have a signed document stating the out the door cost of the Maverick or else you may get dinged right at the end (already heard one story about a dealership charging an extra $10k ADM just because they know folks will pay it). But here's to you getting it for MSRP! My order sheets show MSRP with only a couple of dealer markups that are within reason. I'll ask if they can remove the few bucks and see what happens. No way I'm paying much more than what they originally quoted me.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So how do you plan to get your little gem back to Texas? I thought about it and the dealer that was doing the 4% under invoice, but I'd blow through the $1400 in "savings" just getting it back here.
Long McArthur only asks to finance with them then they will deliver to my house for free. They make their cash on the back door financing.

And I agree that the 3-4% people are a bad deal for some. Good deal for most but not for everyone.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got three orders placed with three different dealers. None of them understand what the allotments are about and can give me an idea about how many they have. I've looked in the DFW area and I chose, what I thought, were the bigger Ford dealers in town to try to "hedge my bets" and get a hybrid ordered and delivered before Christmas 2021 (already heard the 2022/2025 delivery jokes, y'all). Has anyone else had any luck getting a dealer to divulge their total allotments for the month? Is this not something that the public is allowed to know? I only have my orders at the order processing stage so I've got a long way to go still. Any thoughts?
Any suggestions about which dealer might be more in line with Long McArthur Ford in Kansas (all those Maverick videos we love to watch)?

I ordered my Maverick Hybrid from AutoNation Ford in Frisco TX on 8/23 and worked with the Fleet Sales Consultant Scott Alter Jr.

At time of order I requested a Priority Code 10 which he obliged. I signed the DORA and he took a copy of my DL. No deposit was required. Before I left I asked about Mavericks orders ahead of me and he stated 29 were ahead of me. So I thought that maybe by early next year I might see a build date. Scott understands allotments and mentioned they had five left for August.

When I got home I already had an email from Ford acknowledging my order.

Over the next couple of weeks I tweaked my order by removing my late availability items of "Hard Drop-in liner" and "Splash Guards" and later the constrained "Bed Mat". I also added in the "Manual Rear Sliding Window" and the "110V/400W Outlet in the Cab". These changes were done seamless by Scott. Because of the "late availability" and constrained items I was't scheduled in August.

After the above changes were done Scott mentioned that they would get more allotments on 9/13.

Last Thursday 9/16 My Maverick got scheduled for production the week of November 8th.
Edit: On 10/10 Ford emailed me that my production date was moved to 11/15

Edit: On 10/18 I went into AutoNation Ford Frisco and got a signed "Buyer's Order" done with all costs,fees,taxes etc. OTD price of $26,068. I got invoice price.

With the signed "Buyer's Order" and a build date of 11/15 I sold my 2015 Honda Fit to Carvana for $16,523 so my out of pocket cost is $9,545.

Thread on my (and others) experience in selling or trading in a vehicle.

Trading-In/Selling Outright/Selling to Online Companies - Tell Your Story

My Build:

Velocity Blue XLT - Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab.
Ordered 8/23, Scheduled for Build 11/8
Adding from pfeifferwholesaleparts.com: All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper

Why I got scheduled so soon in 25 days is a mystery especially with those 29 in front of me. I can only speculate that either:

1: "my build was what Ford was looking for" and the others had constraint items or late availability items on those orders. mine was pretty simple.

2: or by me ordering from the Fleet consultant who put the Priority Code 10 I requested and those other 29 ordered with the regular sales force in the other building got the default 19 priority code but that is just a guess.

Again I can only speculate as to why but I sure am happy that I will have my truck by Christmas.

Ford Maverick Dealer allotments in the DFW area question. Maverick Scheduled #1.JPG

Ford Maverick Dealer allotments in the DFW area question. Maverick Scheduled #2.JPG

Last edited:

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not my first rodeo if the dealer takes a non refundable deposit and you have a signed Dora I’m locked in, but when you have no skin in the game that’s when they can change whatever they want on you.

Last edited:

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick Hybrid from AutoNation Ford in Frisco TX on 8/23 and worked with the Fleet Sales Consultant Scott Alter Jr.

At time of order I requested a Priority Code 10 which he obliged. I signed the DORA and he took a copy of my DL. Before I left I asked about Mavericks orders ahead of me and he stated 29 were ahead of me. So I thought that maybe by early next year I might see a build date.

Over the next couple of weeks I tweaked my order by removing my late availability items of "Hard Drop-in liner" and "Splash Guards" and later the "Bed Mat". I also added in the "Manual Rear Sliding Window" and the "110V/400W Outlet in the Cab". These changes were done seamless by Scott.

Last Thursday 9/16 My Maverick got scheduled for production the week of November 8th.

My Build:

Velocity Blue XLT - Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab.
Adding from pfeifferwholesaleparts.com: All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper

Why I got scheduled so soon in 25 days is a mystery especially with those 29 in front of me. I can only speculate that either:

1: "my build was what Ford was looking for" and the others had constraint items or late availability items on those orders. mine was pretty simple.

2: or by me ordering from the Fleet consultant who put the Priority Code 10 I requested and those other 29 ordered with the regular sales force in the other building got the default 19 priority code.

Again I can only speculate as to why but sure am happy to get my truck by Christmas.

Maverick Scheduled #1.JPG

Maverick Scheduled #2.JPG
Congratulations looks like we’re going to be twins in Frisco lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigDinTX

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations looks like we’re going to be twins in Frisco lol
Yes, congrats! Send us pics when y'all pick yours up!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

At time of order I requested a Priority Code 10 which he obliged. I signed the DORA and he took a copy of my DL. No deposit was required. Before I left I asked about Mavericks orders ahead of me and he stated 29 were ahead of me. So I thought that maybe by early next year I might see a build date. Scott understands allotments and mentioned they had five left for August.

Over the next couple of weeks I tweaked my order by removing my late availability items of "Hard Drop-in liner" and "Splash Guards" and later the constrained "Bed Mat". I also added in the "Manual Rear Sliding Window" and the "110V/400W Outlet in the Cab". These changes were done seamless by Scott. Because of the "late availability" and constrained items I was't scheduled in August.

After the above changes were done Scott mentioned that they would get more allotments on 9/13.

My Build:

2: or by me ordering from the Fleet consultant who put the Priority Code 10 I requested and those other 29 ordered with the regular sales force in the other building got the default 19 priority code but that is just a guess.

Again I can only speculate as to why but I sure am happy that I will have my truck by Christmas.

Maverick Scheduled #1.JPG

Maverick Scheduled #2.JPG
Congrats. All we can do is speculate and I agree with your number 1, no lux package and no otherwise constrained items.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered from 5 Star Ford Dallas (in Richardson). The dealer rep I've been speaking to did not answer my question on allotment.
He said he think the Hybrids are "on hold". I'm a little scared that the "on hold" info means they didn't do the order verification process correctly, but I also know that most people with an XLT hybrid Lux package haven't been scheduled yet. So, I wait.

Last edited:

willie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus... ford f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Try Autonation Southfort Worth..I ordered mine 8-4 with confirmation 8-5 with a build date 9-21

JRPhawk

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
I whent to 5star Ford in Dallas and everything when smoothly order a hybrid on 7/5 got my confirmation in less than 20 min once I heard about the bed liner problems I called them up and delete it 2 weeks later my truck got a built date of 11/8. I did put down a 500 deposit none refundable and I got it at msrp. I really don’t understand the multiple orders you have made it really doesn’t help you at all or did you mean reservations
There is no such thing as a non refundable deposit. I have a friend that sells for Toyota and he says it is absolutely illegal for a dealer not to give you your deposit back if need be.
Sponsored