First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That thermometer icon looks terrible. Of course you can see/change the temp through various other screens. The change is still terribly ugly and not what we signed up for.

I find solace knowing that my order is an XL, meaning someone on here will figure out how to swap in the original dial, as well as the 40ft tablet from the Lightning using only paper clips and Forscan.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems Ford is scrounging the planet for every chip known to mankind to build those Lightening pickups. Talk about a rolling computer on wheels, those things fit the bill. :) :D

I went to buy a calculator today and all I could find are abaci in various colours. :ROFLMAO:

LoveMyTaters

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone created a list of what Ford shows the Maverick having to what we actually get?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a post about that either on reddit or on Facebook. Just a quick glance, on Ford.com website they have the digital temp knob. However, people have posted pictures with a normal knob on the Lariat Lux.

https://www.ford.com/is/image/conte...22_FRD_MAV_54236.tif?croppathe=1_3x2&wid=3840

It may sound silly, however that will be a reason I would opt out of my order.
That picture suggests that the temp readout goes into decimals. My Lariat doesn't have decimals and I'm pretty sure it was built prior to this change. Odd.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if I can take the digital readout knob out of my 2014 Fiesta and put it in the Maverick...

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That thermometer icon looks terrible. Of course you can see/change the temp through various other screens. The change is still terribly ugly and not what we signed up for.

I find solace knowing that my order is an XL, meaning someone on here will figure out how to swap in the original dial, as well as the 40ft tablet from the Lightning using only paper clips and Forscan.
It does look weird- thought it was a cross of some kind- lol

Its time to rage now-

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford was able to fix the thin paint and soft glass complaints. Unfortunately, they had to sacrifice the temp read out dial to make those fixes.
When did they do that? That is good news. I would trade those two fixes for a single zone temp readout any day of the week. I wonder what we are gonna lose to get SYNC3 on the XLT? Hahaha. :)

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford did the impossible, they made the interior of the Maverick even worse!

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That picture suggests that the temp readout goes into decimals. My Lariat doesn't have decimals and I'm pretty sure it was built prior to this change. Odd.
What, that's weird, mine was built in September 2021 and has decimals in both climate zones. Mines in Celsius, though.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What, that's weird, mine was built in September 2021 and has decimals in both climate zones. Mines in Celsius, though.
Interesting. Virtually certain my February lariat (in the USA, so Fahrenheit) has no decimals. So when you spin the dial, is each click 1/10 of a degree? That would actually be a pain in the ass for fahrenheit, but I could see it being more useful for celcius

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. Virtually certain my February lariat (in the USA, so Fahrenheit) has no decimals. So when you spin the dial, is each click 1/10 of a degree? That would actually be a pain in the ass for fahrenheit, but I could see it being more useful for celcius
That would be horrible in Celsius as well haha, it is half a degree per click.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, just for fun on my ride home, I switched my truck's settings to Celsius and the decimal place appeared on the climate control knobs
Saved me a trip out to the garage.
Sponsored