Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My order for a Hybrid Lariat with the luxury package was confirmed on 7/3 but beyond the initial confirmation, crickets. I will not accept a drop-in bed liner. If that's all FOMOCO can muster up I'll pull it out, sell it and spray in my own Raptor system. Of course, that process will also be accompanied by plenty of negative feedback, general social media blasts that will run on for quite some time, and other visible gestures not generally viewed as acceptable by the softer-side of life (i.e. Gen-Z, Gen-X, or any who follow).
Great news, they didn't change the Lariat Luxury Package bedliner. It is the spray-in bedliner.
Sponsored

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
The sad part is it will be harder to sell the drop in liner for close to retail with all the other ones pulled out of lux package trucks. If my lux comes with drop in Ill try and sell it to dealer then take truck to have spray in done.
If you end up getting the POS drop-in liner, consider installing a Raptor spray-in system. The quality is WAY ABOVE what blue oval shoots anyway. I've used it for four years on three other trucks and not only does it look great, it stays looking great. Be sure to prep well and mask EVERYTHING off to prevent overspray - check it out!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does your order sheet or window sticker show? That is what you will get.
Gosh! That's excellent news! Any idea why it changed on what's shown by Ford in the online tracker for my vehicle? I don't yet have a window sticker (still 3 weeks to production), but here's a photo from the order sheet.

UPDATE: And! Mystery of mysteries....the online tracker has now switched back to saying spray-in!!

=WHEW!=
Y'know how people say "It's the little things"...? Well...yeah, it is.
Thanks again, Tim! You are keeping many of us sane.

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 439904F1-4FFE-456A-A026-193CABEC73CF_1_201_a

Last edited:

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE! Over the weekend I had sent a note to my dealer with my concern about a possible change from spray-in bedliner to drop-in bedliner. (We now know, thanks to FordVideoGuy, that whatever is on your original DORA is what you will get.) But I wanted to update with his really great response, because the good dealers deserve recognition. Jake at Heritage Ford in Vermont wrote:

"This is the first I am hearing of this, but when I went to the online builder tool, they did change it to a drop in liner. If they did this I hope they would lower the MSRP to account for the difference. Talking with one of my managers, he heard that it was because of a lack of parts availability for spray in liners.

"I would hope Ford will honor the spray in liner for the customers who ordered it before the change. If they don't I will make sure that it gets one for the MSRP we all signed at when it was ordered.

"Either way, I will make sure it gets taken care of."

Very happy camper here!!! 😃👍

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

UPDATE! Over the weekend I had sent a note to my dealer with my concern about a possible change from spray-in bedliner to drop-in bedliner. (We now know, thanks to FordVideoGuy, that whatever is on your original DORA is what you will get.) But I wanted to update with his really great response, because the good dealers deserve recognition. Jake at Heritage Ford in Vermont wrote:

"This is the first I am hearing of this, but when I went to the online builder tool, they did change it to a drop in liner. If they did this I hope they would lower the MSRP to account for the difference. Talking with one of my managers, he heard that it was because of a lack of parts availability for spray in liners.

"I would hope Ford will honor the spray in liner for the customers who ordered it before the change. If they don't I will make sure that it gets one for the MSRP we all signed at when it was ordered.

"Either way, I will make sure it gets taken care of."

Very happy camper here!!! 😃👍
An honorable man!
His dad raised him right.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Can't use bed extender on drop in liner

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly good news! Let's hope it remains accurate in the future. Hope, however is not a strategy. Appreciate the update!
I just ordered my Maverick, hybrid xlt lux package on Thursday. It has the spray in bed liner as the option.
It changes to drop in on the build sheet...mine did. Ordered on 11/15.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I guess I narrowly dodged that bullet. I don't want the drop in at all.
The spray in is crap too. They don't sand and prep the bed. It will start to peel after the 3 year factory warranty. I was an advocate for the sibl but after market would be better.

Sponsored

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I'm just glad my xlt fx4 came in with spray in liner. It looks fantastic 😍 sorry for those who were affected by this... drop ins are no Bueno.

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 20220123_180032

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
If you end up getting the POS drop-in liner, consider installing a Raptor spray-in system. The quality is WAY ABOVE what blue oval shoots anyway. I've used it for four years on three other trucks and not only does it look great, it stays looking great. Be sure to prep well and mask EVERYTHING off to prevent overspray - check it out!
Why is the drop-in liner a POS?

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Good - SIBL cost me eight months in wait time - I should and could have had the SIBL done locally.
Sponsored