Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
IMO. Drop in liners scratch the heck out of beds. Almost looks like someone threw couple pails of rocks in the bed.

If my truck was to show up with a drop in would have dealer take directly to Line X for a spry in. Either give me couple of bucks for drop in or throw it in the dumpster.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see weathertec makes an underliner for drop ins. Not for the maverick yet...but I'm sure they will design one.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see weathertec makes an underliner for drop ins. Not for the maverick yet...but I'm sure they will design one.
This is supposed to protect the bed from damage from hard liner

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Am I missing something? Why is everyone so mad? Who ordered their truck with lux and is “paying” for a spray in but is now getting a drop in instead? I don’t think anyone yet. Sounds like everyone’s who’s says spray in is still getting a spray in.

Anyone who ordered after early November is getting a drop in with their lux package and it is clearly shown that way on the order preview.

There is a $120 difference between the drop in and the spray in as stand alone options. Everyone is still getting what they paid for at the time of their order. You’re just getting a slightly better value with the package if you ordered before November.

If ford starts taking away the spray in from people who ordered it that way with no compensation or price adjustment then get mad.
My Truck has an order date of 9/17 and my current build date is 12/6.

The image for my truck now shows a drop in and the LUX package description is showing a drop in not the spray in which was one of the major reasons that I purchased the LUX package.

The build price has not changed!

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 1637335792156

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 1637335837100

GrabberMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My Truck has an order date of 9/17 and my current build date is 12/6.

The image for my truck now shows a drop in and the LUX package description is showing a drop in not the spray in which was one of the major reasons that I purchased the LUX package.

The build price has not changed!

1637335792156.png

1637335837100.png
The image on your truck is the spray in not the drop in. The build and price is also not accurate like the updated order guide is.

The general consensus is that if you have the spray in on your Dora, you will get the spray in. Only the new orders will get the drop in with the lux package.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
The image on your truck is the spray in not the drop in. The build and price is also not accurate like the updated order guide is.

The general consensus is that if you have the spray in on your Dora, you will get the spray in. Only the new orders will get the drop in with the lux package.
Look again at the image. The spray in that comes from the factory as a part of the LUX package has the Ford logo on the front bed wall. Only after market spray in liners would not have the logo.

GrabberMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Look again at the image. The spray in that comes from the factory as a part of the LUX package has the Ford logo on the front bed wall. Only after market spray in liners would not have the logo.
Go to the build and price, select the spray in and look at the image. Then select the drop in and look at the image. They are different, and the image you have is the spray in.

The image is a general representation of what you will be getting anyways and I wouldn’t base anything on that.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't have a build date by January I will remove the spray in liner so I can get my truck sometime in the spring.

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Go to the build and price, select the spray in and look at the image. Then select the drop in and look at the image. They are different, and the image you have is the spray in.

The image is a general representation of what you will be getting anyways and I wouldn’t base anything on that.
The image used to show this spray in liner.

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 1637339700200

It's pretty clear it isn't the same liner.

DewIGotta

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
Sounds like they screwed up the order....

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The image used to show this spray in liner.

It's pretty clear it isn't the same liner.
It's a computer rendering, not 100% accurate. Their spray in liner sample image, for instance, also shows the spray in going up to the rear glass which we now know isn't true in practice.

If you want further proof go to the build and price and spec a standalone spray-in liner. What does it look like? No logo.

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 1637341258590

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It's a computer rendering, not 100% accurate. Their spray in liner sample image, for instance, also shows the spray in going up to the rear glass which we now know isn't true in practice.
The point is that Ford changed the image and the LUX package description that was on my tracking webpage.

Hopefully the changes that I am seeing on that page do not reflect what is happening with my build but it doesn't make much sense that Ford is going to make changes to my tracking page that don't represent the truck that I ordered.
Sponsored