Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

GrabberMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The image used to show this spray in liner.

1637339700200.png

It's pretty clear it isn't the same liner.
Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? 0FAE3438-E2E5-45C9-8E70-F747A9EE96DD
Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? DBC279F2-304A-40BF-9FBA-59784231BAEF

Drop in vs spray in on the build and price rendering. No ford logo. I am aware of what the spray in actually looks like. As long as you ordered with a spray in and your order preview states that then I wouldn’t be worried. It’s just a generic rendering.
Sponsored

Deelite150

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
I was told just a couple days ago by my salesperson that Ford can’t get the materials to do the spray-in so they are substituting the plastic drop in liner and crediting me $150. If I refuse then I would have to wait until possibly 2023 to get the truck with spray-in or if I don’t want the liner at all I’d have to remove the whole Lux package and lose the heated seats, etc. He also told me that all orders since August will not have the spray-in liners….

Bugsy1963

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s all the fuss, my dealer did the spray in liner when it arrived hear, if they hadn’t canceled the spray in liner during the build, I’d still be waiting for my truck

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
At least your dealer called you to let you know. Mine hasn't issued a peep.
As far as I know, spray in liner is included in the luxury for all orders. If they change that, they will inform order holders so I don't believe this is true. I know they are thinking about a way to remove the spray liner from the luxury package but last I heard they hadn't decided on it. WHEN they decide to do that it will be updated in the order guide and would probably be a Job 2 change.

They did that with the Bronco, shut down builds, added wiring prep kit to cloth top as part of changes for Job 2.
Tim, my order for Maverick XLT hybrid with LUX pkg was confirmed 6/14, got VIN# on Oct 21st with 12/13 build week. I thought the spray-in bedliner was still being offered for those who had a VIN# by end of October, but now my accessories list online at the Ford Tracker reads "drop-in bedliner." So that's that, right? Is it possible to get the bedliner DROPPED altogether from the LUX pkg and get it done after market?

Deelite150

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid

Tim, my order for Maverick XLT hybrid with LUX pkg was confirmed 6/14, got VIN# on Oct 21st with 12/13 build week. I thought the spray-in bedliner was still being offered for those who had a VIN# by end of October, but now my accessories list online at the Ford Tracker reads "drop-in bedliner." So that's that, right? Is it possible to get the bedliner DROPPED altogether from the LUX pkg and get it done after market?
My dealer told me no, or I’d have to drop the premium LUX package altogether so I wouldn’t get the heated seats, etc. Or I could wait longer until the spray-in became available but that could be next year …

Sponsored

Trickydick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I would imagine the MY23 Maverick LUX packages will most likely have spray-in removed, I'm just hoping that spary-in will stay as part of my XLT Lux hybrid package. I wouldn't want a drop-in.
I just ordered my Maverick, hybrid xlt lux package on Thursday. It has the spray in bed liner as the option.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered my Maverick, hybrid xlt lux package on Thursday. It has the spray in bed liner as the option.
@Trickydick (good name by the way) no one is going to believe that statement unless you mean some Thursday other than last Thursday November 18 because hybrid orders closed the Monday prior to that. I won't even mention the spray-in liner. Go ahead and post up a picture/scan of your DORA for us all to see. Your Dora is the paperwork provided to you by your dealer when you made this order. It looks like this -

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? DoraBlk

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
The sad part is it will be harder to sell the drop in liner for close to retail with all the other ones pulled out of lux package trucks. If my lux comes with drop in Ill try and sell it to dealer then take truck to have spray in done.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
The sad part is it will be harder to sell the drop in liner for close to retail with all the other ones pulled out of lux package trucks. If my lux comes with drop in Ill try and sell it to dealer then take truck to have spray in done.
What more bs is ford going to pull to cheapen the truck to push them out faster!

Trickydick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
@Trickydick (good name by the way) no one is going to believe that statement unless you mean some Thursday other than last Thursday November 18 because hybrid orders closed the Monday prior to that. I won't even mention the spray-in liner. Go ahead and post up a picture/scan of your DORA for us all to see. Your Dora is the paperwork provided to you by your dealer when you made this order. It looks like this -

DoraBlk.jpg
I hope I’m not wrong but yes, I just placed the order Thursday, Nov 18th. I made the order on Ford.com and talked with the sales guy at my dealership in Georgia. We went line by line on all the options I choose and he verified. It was all over the phone so I didn’t get the DORA. He never said no production on the hybrid or issue with the spray in bed liner. I would think if it wasn’t available it would not let me choose that as a option on Ford.com
I appreciate the input and I’m definitely going to contact the dealer tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope I’m not wrong but yes, I just placed the order Thursday, Nov 18th. I made the order on Ford.com and talked with the sales guy at my dealership in Georgia. We went line by line on all the options I choose and he verified. It was all over the phone so I didn’t get the DORA. He never said no production on the hybrid or issue with the spray in bed liner. I would think if it wasn’t available it would not let me choose that as a option on Ford.com
I appreciate the input and I’m definitely going to contact the dealer tomorrow morning.
Ask the dealer to provide you a copy of the DORA. You can use mine as an example.

Trickydick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Ask the dealer to provide you a copy of the DORA. You can use mine as an example.
Yes sir. Already emailed my salesman so I’m hoping to get this cleared up. What are your thoughts on ford saying hybrid hold on 11/15 and you can still order the hybrid on Ford.com right now.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes sir. Already emailed my salesman so I’m hoping to get this cleared up. What are your thoughts on ford saying hybrid hold on 11/15 and you can still order the hybrid on Ford.com right now.
Unfortunately, the website is always slow to update with changes. Here's a video with some info for you. There is also a lot of information on this forum. If or when you get an actual DORA showing a hybrid ordered on November 18th be sure to post it in a new thread because it will be big news here. A few people have already posted that their order was rejected after the 15th.

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

What does your order sheet or window sticker show? That is what you will get.

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
What does your order sheet or window sticker show? That is what you will get.
My order for a Hybrid Lariat with the luxury package was confirmed on 7/3 but beyond the initial confirmation, crickets. I will not accept a drop-in bed liner. If that's all FOMOCO can muster up I'll pull it out, sell it and spray in my own Raptor system. Of course, that process will also be accompanied by plenty of negative feedback, general social media blasts that will run on for quite some time, and other visible gestures not generally viewed as acceptable by the softer-side of life (i.e. Gen-Z, Gen-X, or any who follow).
Sponsored