Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
and Y is that? gee the most popular truck out there and no scheduling
My company was closed yesterday for the holiday. Could simply be the short week not giving them adequate time to properly schedule and I don't think it is limited to Maverick. And they do have January and some of February scheduled, so it isn't critical they do scheduling this week.

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bummer...:(

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As expected, same thing they did last year, no scheduling until the second week of January. Not unusual for everyone to take a break for the holidays.

letsrock23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope I can get mine scheduled soon :)

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does ford literally have human beings manually schedule orders?

why does anyone working matter at all?If it’s based on allocation, order, time, etc a simple automated process can do all of this.

its kind of funny Ford has the line workers building vehicles while not scheduling for 3 weeks straight as if scheduling takes some massive corp effort lol.

the_mad_end

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was expecting this. I have an order that went into Production for the build week of 12/18. Then it went to Body Shop status on 12/23 and has been in that status since then. Since the plant closed for the holiday week between Christmas and New Year, I'm assuming they have to catch up on production paused before the holiday.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does ford literally have human beings manually schedule orders?

why does anyone working matter at all?If it’s based on allocation, order, time, etc a simple automated process can do all of this.

its kind of funny Ford has the line workers building vehicles while not scheduling for 3 weeks straight as if scheduling takes some massive corp effort lol.
The world's fastest super computer is only as fast as the person who enters the calculations that need to take place.

I would imagine the actual scheduling logic is automated. But they likely need human beings to confirm the allocations before it kicks off. Just because the system says a dealer has 20 allocations available doesn't mean the dealer actually has room for 20 allocations, especially if the dealer is getting a larger number of another model. An Escape sitting on the vehicle carrier is taking up space a Maverick could sit in, for example.

Also, keep in mind that dealers are given a report of what can be scheduled this week. So, dealerships are given a chance to modify orders to match. Of course, this worked better when the retail orders didn't make up 150% of the model year production...

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The world's fastest super computer is only as fast as the person who enters the calculations that need to take place.

I would imagine the actual scheduling logic is automated. But they likely need human beings to confirm the allocations before it kicks off. Just because the system says a dealer has 20 allocations available doesn't mean the dealer actually has room for 20 allocations, especially if the dealer is getting a larger number of another model. An Escape sitting on the vehicle carrier is taking up space a Maverick could sit in, for example.

Also, keep in mind that dealers are given a report of what can be scheduled this week. So, dealerships are given a chance to modify orders to match. Of course, this worked better when the retail orders didn't make up 150% of the model year production...
Understood that’s how it may work now, but even my own day to day career involves machine learning algorithms using much more compute power than it would take to schedule ~100k orders over a model year. Anything can be written to be taken into account.

Even what you mention about weekly checks on actual dealer allocation vs estimated can be automated with proper logic. I just honestly think all of Ford’s CS priority and talent is on the actual vehicles, not their ordering and information systems.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was expecting this. I have an order that went into Production for the build week of 12/18. Then it went to Body Shop status on 12/23 and has been in that status since then. Since the plant closed for the holiday week between Christmas and New Year, I'm assuming they have to catch up on production paused before the holiday.
Same situation with me

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Understood that’s how it may work now, but even my own day to day career involves machine learning algorithms using much more compute power than it would take to schedule ~100k orders over a model year. Anything can be written to be taken into account.

Even what you mention about weekly checks on actual dealer allocation vs estimated can be automated with proper logic. I just honestly think all of Ford’s CS priority and talent is on the actual vehicles, not their ordering and information systems.
Don't discount the union aspect. Could be some things they could automate but can't.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are they still holding production like last week? Or are they pausing everything?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.