NO/HYBRID-ENGINES AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
A confirmation email from Ford does not necessarily mean your order was correctly verified by the dealer. Its a system called ROVP (retail order verification program (I think)). The dealer could have submitted your order, but if it wasn't entered into ROVP, Ford will not build your vehicle.
Call ford customer service. They can verify if you are in the ROVP. If you are not then your dealer screwed up and he’s playing you.
Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
I thought that was the case but was not sure. I was also positive they stopped taking orders because they knew their hard limitations. This dealer IMHO is worse that an idiot but a deceptive crook.
Im pretty sure its not 100% true. Its a Mazda engine, Ford may put it together, but Mazda makes the parts far as I know. Or at least some of them.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Call ford customer service. They can verify if you are in the ROVP. If you are not then your dealer screwed up and he’s playing you.
I could be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing a post by Tim that only the dealer can verify if you are in ROVP. Customer service does not have access to that information. They can only see if an order is placed and what stage you are at. If it was placed but not verified, it would just show up as order processing, same as would a verified order waiting on a build date.

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid will deliver in the next two weeks. I like my dealership.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im pretty sure its not 100% true. Its a Mazda engine, Ford may put it together, but Mazda makes the parts far as I know. Or at least some of them.
If Mazda has limitation then Ford has limitations. As such, they(FORD) knows what can be available by their cutoff point with added units as a buffer.

Sponsored

Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called Ford and they verified what was said. They were contacted by a person who was still using a Blackberry phone. They stated the customer requested all correspondence be done by fax because they had no idea how to email or text.

The customer stated they were using an older Gateway computer with a defective key board.

Ford said the customer was told by his dealer that Ford was having a hard time get Hybrid engines. We tried to explain to the customer there is great demand for Hybrids, and we are making them as fast as we can.

We told him, sometimes our dealers have vivid imaginations.

Last edited:

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, or its true? It is awful odd that orders placed all the way back in JULY or 2021 still havent been built yet. There is definitely something going on IMO.
Its not really odd. Hybrids didn't start getting built until December. It just takes time to build so many vehicles.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the certainty and conviction lol

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
I thought that was the case but was not sure. I was also positive they stopped taking orders because they knew their hard limitations. This dealer IMHO is worse that an idiot but a deceptive crook.
Agree, shady dealer. I was too positive when they stopped taking orders thinking they'd actually try to clear out the backlog of June and July orders. Let's say they keep up production of around 5k hybrids monthly, which seems not likely given the constraints, then they'd hit 40k for March-October. If we are toe believe Ford has as many orders as they say they do, plus fleet orders, many of us are going to get bumped. They just don't want to tell us this because they want to string us along with false hope. And throw in the constraints, and they are going to have to start building XL bare bones hybrids for dealers since they can't secure enough commodities for all the additions people ordered.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.