First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my Ford dealer salesman (who we ordered our Maverick from) about the status of our order.

Here is the specifics about our order:
Area 51 hybrid XL with spray in bedliner, full size spare and towing package.
Order confirmed by Ford on 9/2/21

Here was his email response:
" It looks like Ford put all Hybrid engines were put on hold. They are telling us 6 months to a year now on Hybrid engine Mavericks. "

Has anyone out there verified this information? Not sure my current car will last another year.
Thanks
I sure hope your order got to Ford as this is the kind of salesman that is out of touch with the Maverick.

Back in October I called a Ford salesman (that I knew for well over 20 years) to make an appointment to come in with my wife to see and order a Maverick. I was waiting until we could see, feel and touch one before ordering so when I saw an Area 51 sitting in front of the dealership I made the call.

Here is HIS reply: "that's fine but we don't have one yet"?

My reply was -- "Ken, there's a Maverick on display in front of the front door" . . . He could have seen this Maverick from his desk -- kind of hard to miss.

My wife and I did go the next day to see it and it was everything and more we expected but we drove 2 towns north to order ours from another dealer.

Ford Maverick Hybrid engines "put on hold" (?) IMG_20211014_152150342_HDR
Sponsored

sophiam

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bruhhh how is yours built so fast? My order has been confirmed since Late June and still isn’t in production.. least I’ve got a vin number I guess..
I read that priority is determined (in part) by factors to do with the dealer. I don't think anyone else in my area ordered a Maverick and the rep placed the order twice with two different priority codes. Honestly, who knows lol.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called a dealer today inquiring about a hybrid that showed up on their website (turned out to be just a vin for a customer order) and they told me the exact same junk about there being an issue with the hybrid engines. Says they were having a compatibility problem, that they are fine in the Escape buy not in the Maverick. I'm an engineer and it took all I had to not laugh at him.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if I fully agree with your statement. There are many of us who have confirmed orders for the MY22 Hybrid that have not been scheduled for build yet, hence no VIN# yet. That is unless my August 16th order conformation email means nothing.
I ordered hybrid on 07/21 and just got my Ford email with build date of Valentine's Day on Dec. 9th. You should be getting your Ford email very soon.....hang tight!

Gstamper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Dodge b200, 2016 Nissan Versa Note, 2012 Tiff
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my Ford dealer salesman (who we ordered our Maverick from) about the status of our order.

Here is the specifics about our order:
Area 51 hybrid XL with spray in bedliner, full size spare and towing package.
Order confirmed by Ford on 9/2/21

Here was his email response:
" It looks like Ford put all Hybrid engines were put on hold. They are telling us 6 months to a year now on Hybrid engine Mavericks. "

Has anyone out there verified this information? Not sure my current car will last another year.
Thanks
Hi there, I work for an alternative Import company but we have a Ford dealer within our organization. I was able to drive their mannequin 2.0 EB model for a few days but truly was wanting a Hybrid to be honest due to it's uniqueness. I've been watching on the website for a year about the Hybrid and saw maybe a month or 2 back that the 2.5 was in limited supply. After driving the 2.0 for a few days, I ordered a Maverick. But upon ordering, the dealer told me that Ford was basically telling them the Hybrid was an "unavailable commodity" at this point. SO I ordered the 2.0 just because it performed flawlessly and was quite impressive to drive. SO, just my 2 cents worth...I work for the company that told me it's just not available to order now.

Also, the spray in bed liner was dropped from the build a truck website. Was also my desire to have, but I'd settle for a drop in anyway. The drop in is now standard.

Sponsored

ToddyCliffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Lariat Hybrid
People are so impatient.

Ford is obviously overwhelmed with Hybrid orders. They're halting orders at this time to catch up with their promised vehicles. This is based on a multitude of factors because of options selected.

It's a smart strategy and will save them further headache in the long run. Ford did not promise you anything would be produced and delivered at a certain date.

Why gamble pre-ordering a trim on a BRAND NEW MODEL truck, that was predicted to have long wait times, if the state your current vehicle has less than a year life left?.............

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
.......they aren't even building the orders they have, let alone catching up. I don't think Ford did their homework on what realistically can be supplied in the current world. Seems like bad timing for everyone. Ford obviously overestimated the availability of parts, customers overestimated Ford's ability to make trucks, but hopefully the stock market isn't overestimating the value of my Ford shares.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
When you say tow package, do you mean the 4k tow package? If so that may have caused the issue with your order. Weren't they giving automatic upgrades free of charge to Ecoboost for these types of order? I could be mis-remembering though.
Tow package w/Ecoboost is a must have!

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
.......they aren't even building the orders they have, let alone catching up. I don't think Ford did their homework on what realistically can be supplied in the current world. Seems like bad timing for everyone. Ford obviously overestimated the availability of parts, customers overestimated Ford's ability to make trucks, but hopefully the stock market isn't overestimating the value of my Ford shares.
No manufacturer can anticipate the reception a new vehicle will have on the market. Heck ya they are overwhelmed an doin all they can go get vehicles in customers hands asap. Bet on it. Its a great truck an worth the wait. We love ours!
Sponsored