First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Z71 is supposed to be the "nicer" trim level, while the Trail Boss is just a work truck with some off road goodies. Even the LT has never been much better than the WT in terms of interior quality, more of just a volume leader that doesn't appear to be a company vehicle.

It's crazy how much these mid size trucks are now. If we were talking in the low 30's for a loaded one, that would be different, but we're talking 40 to 50 here for meh quality. I will say I really do like the looks of the new Colorado, I think Chevy did a great job there. My biggest gripe with it is there's no physical headlight switch. I also don't care for the fully digital displays, I would prefer at least a few analog gauges, but this is the future unfortunately.
Yep - understood that the TB is based on their WT trim and you're paying for the off road goods.

The LT has the same interior "improvements" that the Z71 and ZR2 have (as far as non-seat materials are concerned) so the one I sat in should have felt nicer and it just...didn't.

More than anything it just felt like my 2010 Taco and that is not a complement in 2023 for seat position or ergonomics.
Sponsored

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would expect a Work Truck interior to sacrifice comfort & luxury (tastefully colored soft touch surfaces, heated/cooled power leather seats, etc.) to instead maximize functionality & durability (dull hard/durable/easily cleaned plastics, cloth but many directional manual seats). Instead, it seems that they simply went cheap.
Fine without heated seats, wheel, leather wrapped wheel. No leather shift knob, center console, etc.

When you load up every available package for the trim and it doesn't include a tilt and telescoping steering wheel that is a tough sell to me.

Comfort and fit should be priority 1.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is contrary to what most reviews are saying..... aside from hard plastic which is acknowledged pretty widely. Surprisingly I don't think I have seen a review yet mention the low seating position, which I would expect if it is a problem since every Tacoma review mentions it's a problem with it.

The LT is trim one step above base and there are 3 others above the LT, but the trailboss is based on the WT.

Pricing across the board on anything is pretty ridiculous anymore so unless it's out of line with the rest of the pack it seems like this price point is where everything is headed.

All that aside, I like what Chevy did as far as making a good size screen standard. I tend to go for lower trims but the one point I hate about the lower trim is the inability to get the larger size screen.

I have yet to sit in the Colorado but I think it is the best looking truck out there inside and out, however there are disappointments with other aspects

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is contrary to what most reviews are saying..... aside from hard plastic which is acknowledged pretty widely. Surprisingly I don't think I have seen a review yet mention the low seating position, which I would expect if it is a problem since every Tacoma review mentions it's a problem with it.

The LT is trim one step above base and there are 3 others above the LT, but the trailboss is based on the WT.

Pricing across the board on anything is pretty ridiculous anymore so unless it's out of line with the rest of the pack it seems like this price point is where everything is headed.

All that aside, I like what Chevy did as far as making a good size screen standard. I tend to go for lower trims but the one point I hate about the lower trim is the inability to get the larger size screen.

I have yet to sit in the Colorado but I think it is the best looking truck out there inside and out, however there are disappointments with other aspects
@Shay was pretty critical of the interior in his review, and almost every review I've seen of the TB mentions how bad the interior is, sans screens. Maybe Sam can weigh in on the seating position - the LT I was in did not have the power seat so I wasn't going to spend a lot of time finding a position but it definitely felt like it sat low on the floor and has that "scrunched" kind of Taco feel.

Coming from someone who currently drives the vehicle that made it popular to use a large screen to distract buyers from other corners cut I think Chevy is really hopeful buyers gets enamored with the screens and totally gloss over all the other crappy materials.

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting I owned a 22 Colorado 4WD LT, old model and a 23 Maverick XL Hybrid at the same time. I felt the Colorado build quality was noticeably superior to the Mav, but it also cost me 13k more. I was really debating which one to keep but the Mavs mpg and cheap price 22k won out. My Mavs interior seems to scratch just by looking at it. Never had that problem with the Colorado.

Ford Maverick New Colorado Interior - Seriously Disappointing Image (14)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay was pretty critical of the interior in his review, and almost every review I've seen of the TB mentions how bad the interior is, sans screens. Maybe Sam can weigh in on the seating position
I actually thought the interior of the Colorado wasn't too bad. The quality of the plastics is a slight step up from Maverick as a comparative baseline (in the context of this forum). Standard instrument cluster screen and touchscreen interface are a healthy upstep from the prior Colorado. I thought the seating position, material, and comfort were fine, didn't at all ring like the "on the floor" sensation of the Tacoma to me. The truck is taller quite a bit, so you don't feel at all low compared to other drivers.

The Trail Boss is indeed based on the W/T so the interior is basic as it gets, even for the 40k price tag. But a lot of people have been whining and complaining for years they can never get a basic plain truck with all the upgraded 4x4 and power goods underneath it. Chevy has delivered one, now people bitch about the basic. Shrug.

For those wanting more interior there is the Z71 and ZR2.

I think the EPA fuel economy of the new 2.7 HO engine is going to be the headline in the coming days when it finally gets revealed, likely less than the V6 - at least in real world driving. It's going to be thirsty. Oh, and the missing headlight switch, well I will complain about that.

Ford Maverick New Colorado Interior - Seriously Disappointing trailboxx

Ford Maverick New Colorado Interior - Seriously Disappointing interiorwt

Last edited:
OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually thought the interior of the Colorado wasn't too bad. The quality of the plastics is a slight step up from Maverick as a comparative baseline (in the context of this forum). Standard instrument cluster screen and touchscreen interface are a healthy upstep from the prior Colorado. I thought the seating position, material, and comfort were fine, didn't at all ring like the "on the floor" sensation of the Tacoma to me. The truck is taller quite a bit, so you don't feel at all low compared to other drivers.
Appreciate the response! Maybe the seat was all the way down. I came home from sitting in it and immediately hoped in my Taco. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the seating position but it felt closer to the Taco than it did the Maverick.

This is also not Colorado specific (Maverick suffers from it too) - but with the sensor array above the rear view mirror it pushes the mirror down the windshield and I think that contributed to feeling a little "smushed" vertically.

Lack of telescoping wheel also makes it hard to get a good seating position for me. I'd rather be more upright like a chair than legs flat, which I feel like you get with the Colorado.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick Tremor MPG: 20 city / 24 highway

Colorado Trail Boss MPG: 19 city / 23 highway

I'm not canceling my Tremor order either.

Sorry to hear about your Microsoft stock, that I won't be of assistance padding your retirement loses, or that your elderly neighbors won't get a chance to own a Maverick because I'm looking at competing vehicles.
That's OK, I don't have any Microsoft stock anymore. You will be still funding my retirement. Be sure to fill up your Tremor at Exxon, please.

Thank you!

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's OK, I don't have any Microsoft stock anymore. You will be still funding my retirement. Be sure to fill up your Tremor at Exxon, please.

Thank you!
LOL - I'll do my best for ya!

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lacking a telescopic steering wheel is a deal breaker.

You would think that a work truck would aim to accommodate as many different driver shapes/builds as possible.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're telling me Chevy somehow outdid Ford in the crappy plastics department?!?

That's an achievement.

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're telling me Chevy somehow outdid Ford in the crappy plastics department?!?

That's an achievement.
They did, they really did. The crazy part is I guess it was a low bar I thought they had to get over and they still got hit by the turf sniper.

• Haha
Reactions: HTX

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The plus
you can get 4x4 under 40k if you get colorado .
bigger screen and silighty improved interior for previous gen
The negatives
19-21 mpg or 21-23 depending if you get 4x4.
headlights options in the screen only.

I expect the ranger to be little more but much better overall.

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I considered one but it is too big a step up into the AWD versions when I'm having a bad arthritis day. Hoping I can slip in and out of the Maverick easily.
I have MS which is why I chose the Maverick. It is super easy to get into even on my worst days. And having a truck on my best days lets me get to fixing up the house, hauling cabinets and cedar for the ceiling on an addition. Can't wait for gardening season. Mulch will be my friend this year with easy loading and unloading with that low bed.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Chevy trucks have always been flashier and crackier than Fords on the inside.
Sponsored