Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, Huunvubu, for posting the video.
In the YouTube video it sounded like the Google Maps audio was coming through the tinny phone speakers. Is that true?

Can the Maverick XL play Android Auto apps' audio over the vehicle stereo or will the sound only come out of my Android phone?
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen that or something similar, but only crowdfunded. Every crowdfunded thing I've done has been a disappointment.
Ugh - Ok makes sense- The only time I bought something on kick-starter it took forever and broke twice before it went in the trash

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, Huunvubu, for posting the video.
In the YouTube video it sounded like the Google Maps audio was coming through the tinny phone speakers. Is that true?

Can the Maverick XL play Android Auto apps' audio over the vehicle stereo or will the sound only come out of my Android phone?
No that's not how it works. It will come through car speakers

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So why does the Maverick owners manual have five pages of instructions on how to use the factory navigation system?!

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sync 3 lets you use voice commands to control some vehicle functions like the radio or HVAC. Both radio versions should be able to display a navigation app on screen through CarPlay/AA although connected touch doesn't support swipe touch so you might need to scroll the map on your phone?
You can swipe on the default screen, but it doesn’t “track” the precise movement of your fingers If you understand what I mean. It registers “there was a generic swipe up gesture at this location” *instead of* “these fingers moved this precise amount” like a mouse cursor. If you’re curious, lookup a resistive vs capacitive touch screen.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey I resemble that.

I am actually looking forward to using Android Auto for my navigation.

I will be trying both WAZE and Google Maps to see which one I like better.

Watch this for how to use Android Auto:

Waze is better

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CarPlay users...I just discovered the HERE WeGo navigation app allows for better offline navigation than both Google Maps and Waze. HERE WeGo allows you to download an entire state, multiple states, or the entire USA and other contries for offline use. Unfortunately, it does not currently work with Android Auto.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI you can download (permanent cache) a huge spatial area of google maps on your phone so you can still navigate outside of cell signal
That's the most useful piece of information I've run across in a while.

Thanks...

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still prefer my stand-alone Garmin GPS, for a few reasons.

When traveling long distances, I'm not sure I would think about downloading maps until I lost cell signal. That's an operator error, of course, but one I am sure to make.

My Garmin, on the other hand, has all of the US, Canada, and Mexico already in it. And it updates for free every year for life.

I also prefer the display. The image depictions of intersections and the lane choosing advice work pretty well for me when in a strange city.

Most important for me when traveling, Garmin has a look-ahead feature where I can press an icon and see upcoming gas stations, restaurants, etc. Pretty helpful when the truck and I are getting hungry.

You can find all the information, and more, on Google. But for me the Garmin is just easy to use.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still prefer my stand-alone Garmin GPS, for a few reasons.

When traveling long distances, I'm not sure I would think about downloading maps until I lost cell signal. That's an operator error, of course, but one I am sure to make.

My Garmin, on the other hand, has all of the US, Canada, and Mexico already in it. And it updates for free every year for life.

I also prefer the display. The image depictions of intersections and the lane choosing advice work pretty well for me when in a strange city.

Most important for me when traveling, Garmin has a look-ahead feature where I can press an icon and see upcoming gas stations, restaurants, etc. Pretty helpful when the truck and I are getting hungry.

You can find all the information, and more, on Google. But for me the Garmin is just easy to use.
Probably a good investment too if you do long trips, in case your phone got damaged or stolen, you wouldn’t be SOL.

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
Having never used Sync3 I have a somewhat unrelated question. Say you're plugged in and using any combination of the above navigation. Do incoming texts, emails and other alerts all become pop ups on the screen? Because that's one feature I like in my Focus ST, my screen isn't mirrored and none of the alerts pop up so everyone in the car can see them.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having never used Sync3 I have a somewhat unrelated question. Say you're plugged in and using any combination of the above navigation. Do incoming texts, emails and other alerts all become pop ups on the screen? Because that's one feature I like in my Focus ST, my screen isn't mirrored and none of the alerts pop up so everyone in the car can see them.
Yes, those apps will pop-up and you can interact with voice commands from the wheel.

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
im not sure if this has already been mentioned but a while ago i saw someone in a fb group was able to install the maps and software from another C2 platform vehicle through the head unit. it was on a lariat model.
Sponsored