brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also live in a poor cell service area to bad they don't give the nav option anymore nice to not have to figure where to mount an external gps
Not sure about carplay, but I believe Android Auto lets you download maps and navigate offline.
Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not believe it's an option on any trim level or configuration. You will need to use Android auto or Apple carplay
That is my understanding as well, which, has reduced the cost to these vehicles (various trim levels).

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not from anything that I have seen. With that said, all models of the Maverick support Apple Play and Android Auto, so you get nav that way.
That sucks for an old guy
Hey I resemble that.

I am actually looking forward to using Android Auto for my navigation.

I will be trying both WAZE and Google Maps to see which one I like better.

Watch this for how to use Android Auto:

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sync 3 lets you use voice commands to control some vehicle functions like the radio or HVAC. Both radio versions should be able to display a navigation app on screen through CarPlay/AA although connected touch doesn't support swipe touch so you might need to scroll the map on your phone?
Thanks for the clarification - I recall the A/C control from a video. You notice they put some knobs for the radio for old guys like me!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

will it be jusst vioce or will it show map on the screen ?
he Maverick has Apple Car Play and Andriod car play, so it will show up on the screen.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, the phone Nav can work OK, but I like to travel to remote areas without cell service, and that is frequently when I want my navigation to be available, so in my case I have decided it will have to be an external unit from Garmin or the like. No doubt cheaper and easier to keep up to date, if not quite as integrated.

ML
I also live in a poor cell service area to bad they don't give the nav option anymore nice to not have to figure where to mount an external gps
The post right above @another_mikey answered this concern - you are able to download maps on your phone while on network/wifi, so that they are available for navigation offline when in remote areas. I hadn't done it in awhile so just checked - in the maps app, just click your photo in the top right corner and choose the 'offline maps' option - follow the directions from there (you can set areas to download, you can also set it to keep commonly viewed areas downloaded by default).

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2016 Volt, Tried Android Auto last year, problematic, staying with Apple Car Play. It has always worked for me where I drive. Happy Maverick can use it.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The post right above @another_mikey answered this concern - you are able to download maps on your phone while on network/wifi, so that they are available for navigation offline when in remote areas. I hadn't done it in awhile so just checked - in the maps app, just click your photo in the top right corner and choose the 'offline maps' option - follow the directions from there (you can set areas to download, you can also set it to keep commonly viewed areas downloaded by default).
i think this only works with google maps. carplay must use google maps on your iphone.

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure about carplay, but I believe Android Auto lets you download maps and navigate offline.
carplay works if you use google maps

Deleted member 3640

That's a feature I have not used. Very interesting. I will see if I can get it figured out - thanks for mentioning it :)

ML

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a feature I have not used. Very interesting. I will see if I can get it figured out - thanks for mentioning it :)

ML
Google maps offline mode is a lifesaver - You can pick and choose a bunch of offline areas and they update automatically at least once a month.