OP

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Holy chit, is this true? I had no idea that if you get the Lariat with the lux package that it did not include navigation. No desire to have to use phone for this service. All this time and did not realize this was the case. This is surprising as the Bronco Sport as this option available.
Yes that is what I was told it will be very disappointing for sure not into using phone hope the phone hooks up through ford Sync system ?
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy chit, is this true? I had no idea that if you get the Lariat with the lux package that it did not include navigation. No desire to have to use phone for this service. All this time and did not realize this was the case. This is surprising as the Bronco Sport as this option available.
This is true. You need a phone or a paper map.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will my phone hook up through the ford sync stem on my lariat ? or do I have to try to mont my phone ?
There is a USB port that you can just plug your iPhone or Android phone into, and you will have really nice maps from either system

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
will it be jusst vioce or will it show map on the screen ?
If you have an iPhone or an Android phone, it will show maps. You can even choose which app you want to use to show the maps. You can even have it choose to navigate you by voice or to be silent

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Navigation is a waste. People use their phones and plug into the car to use on the dash. Inputting destinations is 10x easier on your phone than leaning over to do on the dash.

OP
OP

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
If you have an iPhone or an Android phone, it will show maps. You can even choose which app you want to use to show the maps. You can even have it choose to navigate you by voice or to be silent
Guess I can figure it out when and if my Truck gets built look's like next spring or summer at this point

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct, I have read that many auto manufacturers are going away from built-in-nav since most customers use their phones.
The last built in navigation i had was in a Fusion. The cost to upgrade the maps was wildly expensive. Around $150 a pop. I'll take the phone option.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI you can download (permanent cache) a huge spatial area of google maps on your phone so you can still navigate outside of cell signal, holler if you need help finding that in the app. A medium size state’s worth is only like 300-400MB of storage. I think it’s just the street/nav data and not business info and such.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3640

Yes, the phone Nav can work OK, but I like to travel to remote areas without cell service, and that is frequently when I want my navigation to be available, so in my case I have decided it will have to be an external unit from Garmin or the like. No doubt cheaper and easier to keep up to date, if not quite as integrated.

ML

OP
OP

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Yes, the phone Nav can work OK, but I like to travel to remote areas without cell service, and that is frequently when I want my navigation to be available, so in my case I have decided it will have to be an external unit from Garmin or the like. No doubt cheaper and easier to keep up to date, if not quite as integrated.

ML
I also live in a poor cell service area to bad they don't give the nav option anymore nice to not have to figure where to mount an external gps

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing I don't like about (ALL) oem nav, they are all obsolete before you drive off the lot.
We found out in 2016 in our 2016 Cherokee, the nav kept insisting we turn onto a 6 month old 1 way st the wrong way!

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what value the Sync3 has other than adding Sirius Radio. The standard Maverick system has Bluetooth and Voice activation. I think the Sync3 system has apps like Waze but you can get all that through you smart phone via Bluetooth. It has other features like the modem that I will not use either.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what value the Sync3 has other than adding Sirius Radio. The standard Maverick system has Bluetooth and Voice activation. I think the Sync3 system has apps like Waze but you can get all that through you smart phone via Bluetooth. It has other features like the modem that I will not use either.
Sync 3 lets you use voice commands to control some vehicle functions like the radio or HVAC. Both radio versions should be able to display a navigation app on screen through CarPlay/AA although connected touch doesn't support swipe touch so you might need to scroll the map on your phone?
Sponsored