TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably something that was planned and never made it to the Maverick.

Page 85 in the manual lists Interior Motion sensors that don't exist either.

alrm_1~2.jpg
Page 337 says, "The snow chains or cables must be mounted in pairs on the rear tires only."
On a front wheel drive vehicle?

Too much copy and paste.
There is work for the 2023 owners manual editor.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the Ford website. It is NOT fully self contained NAV. It DOES work thru a cell phone. As I said, a conglomeration of dash radio, cell and bluetooth.
I'll use my GARMIN, not some mash up. After three years, you pay. My GARMIN has lifetime free updates. KISS

ford nav.jpg
I don't understand your point. Every good nav system uses a modem. The Ford Mav system will
use the embedded modem from Ford, not the driver's cell phone. The best Nav system without a doubt is Google Maps and it uses a modem. So again, I'm not understanding your point. Is the purpose of your post simply to announce that you love your Garmin? What does your Garmin have to do with whether or not the 2022 Mav has navigation available?

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Perhaps with the copilot assist plus package for the 23 lariat models? Thatā€™s what I assumed

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since "copilot" was mentioned -- I'm trying to use the CoPilot app with my Mav. Not the same "copilot" intended here but I might as well piggy back on the convo.

Earlier in this thread someone also said Google gets "instant" feedback to correct their maps, which might be true but it's a feedback black hole. I work in tech and one my colleagues worked for Navteq and another works for Google. Google is not in the business of free, accurate maps. They're in the business of pushing navigation towards clients who pay them because we -- the map consumers -- do not pay them. Folks should be reminded of how Google makes $$$.

As an example of this in action, just this week I was in a group that was heading to someone's house. This house was built just last year. Nobody could find the address on their Android -- or Apple -- map apps. I opened up CoPilot and immediately found the house and we drove over in my Mav. :geek: I do pay CoPilot for updated maps. Nothing is free that is done well.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Crap! 400+ days (daze) of meandering through this site, assuming the entire time my Lariat Lux Hybrid would have comparable systems as my wifeā€™s Escape, including Navigation (and Traffic Sign Reader TSR).

Wrong again Bucko! A search of this site led me to this thread, which was illuminating. Now I know there isnā€™t a navigation tab, never was one and Iā€™ll have to figure out how to get this IPhone to talk with Sync and/or Car Play, hopefully to display on the screen.

I got it to work, kinda, yesterday, but only verbally, no map on screen. USB plugged in, turns were alerted in a ā€˜bad-Siriā€™ voice. Ugh.

Still learning the quirks of this new rideā€¦

Weird. Butā€¦if this is the only glitch, itā€™ll be OK.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just getta Garmin.
Works in all vehicles. Take it on vacation for use in rentals. Program it from your recliner.
Free lifetime updates.
When it breaks, no downtime at the dealer with a king's ransom to get it fixed. Pitch it and go to Walmart of BestBuy. Couple of hundred dollars and you get a choice of sizes.
Sponsored