First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That photo is going to get lots of guy comments.

Sponsored

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am interested in your load extender bar in the hitch receiver. I have seen several on the market...which one is it? I'm not sure but it looks like there's something propped up under the kayak very close to the tailgate opening... Does that mean the load extender is NOT the same height as the bed floor? (Might be really good too if you're hauling very long lumber... Having the far end a couple of inches higher than the bed floor.)

In Texas, I believe the max for items sticking past the end of the truck is 4 ft, but I'm hoping I could add some stop/running lights near the end of the extender bar plugged into the trailer light connector.... Hoping that lights way out there will mean I can technically/legally (but maybe not practically) have items up to 4 ft past these lights. (I don't want a ticket!)

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! Sure would be nice if the tailgate actually provided support without having to use a prop -- assuming your extender could lower more to be level with the bed and tailgate. But I guess that's a moot point since no tailgates on Mavs are level.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not meant to be critical, just a heads up.

Was at a Lowes Big Box store last summer and a fellow hauling long lumber sticking out 4 or 5 feet on a hitch extender was taking a "sharp" turn out of the parking lot and the length of lumber hanging out swung into an oncoming lane when he made a sharp turn, hitting a Mercedes and did a job on the entire side of the car before either party could stop.

The axis of the turn is from the rear axle. The same reason you see the sign, "This truck makes wide turns".

Last edited:
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it fits it ships
D71E8F84-B443-4B20-A4F5-7F27090070FB.jpeg
Saying " it fits" is a bit of a " stretch" don't ya think? Sure, you could haul a 27-foot Olympic rowing scull this way too but I don't think I'd then say "Look! It fits!"

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am interested in your load extender bar in the hitch receiver. I have seen several on the market...which one is it? I'm not sure but it looks like there's something propped up under the kayak very close to the tailgate opening... Does that mean the load extender is NOT the same height as the bed floor? (Might be really good too if you're hauling very long lumber... Having the far end a couple of inches higher than the bed floor.)

In Texas, I believe the max for items sticking past the end of the truck is 4 ft, but I'm hoping I could add some stop/running lights near the end of the extender bar plugged into the trailer light connector.... Hoping that lights way out there will mean I can technically/legally (but maybe not practically) have items up to 4 ft past these lights. (I don't want a ticket!)
Got the hitch extender at harbor freight. Foam pad serves 2 purposes. It’s specifically made for kayak so it supports the V shaped hull of the kayak so it’s up straight. Also it gets the kayak more level with the extender. It’s at the lowest setting and I even added and extra hole to lower it more.

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! Sure would be nice if the tailgate actually provided support without having to use a prop -- assuming your extender could lower more to be level with the bed and tailgate. But I guess that's a moot point since no tailgates on Mavs are level.
Foam pad serves 2 purposes. It’s specifically made for kayak so it supports the V shaped hull of the kayak so it’s up straight. Also it gets the kayak more level with the extender. It’s at the lowest setting and I even added and extra hole to lower it more.

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can paddle. Canoe?
Sponsored