First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Outback, 2005 Tundra DC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Lariat was built during the first part of March and I picked it up on March 25th. Today, shortly after driving the vehicle, I received my third Deep Sleep Mode message. I have received one each of the previous Saturdays. My call to the service department at the dealer where I purchased the truck (El Cajon Ford) made it clear that Ford has not gotten the message out about the issue. Their advisor said that I just have to make sure I drive the truck at least 20 miles a week and I won't have the problem. When I told him I drive it about 100 miles a week and it is a known problem I was told to bring it in so they could check it out. My reluctance is that I don't want to start at square one so I will take them copies of what I have read from knowledgeable posters. I will post an update after I take it to them on Monday.
Sponsored

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...I received my third Deep Sleep Mode message. I have received one each of the previous Saturdays...
Have you had any issues starting the vehicle after the DS messages?

OP
OP

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Just worried that one day it will be dead when it is inconvenient.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Just worried that one day it will be dead when it is inconvenient.
Not really much you can do until Ford comes up with a fix. Meanwhile, carry a portable jump-start battery in the truck. I bought one with my Ford points.

Mine is also an early March build, I've had just one DS message so far, after the truck was sitting for a few days, and most of my driving is short trips. I put a battery charger on the under-hood terminals and set it at the lowest setting (2 amp) for slow charging, left it on for 5 or 6 hours. The message cleared on the Ford Pass app after the next start up. That was a couple weeks ago and so far no additional DS messages.

I'm wondering if any of the flash updates on the rough idle/hot catalytic converter TSB have helped with DS issues. I'd be curious to know how many people with multiple DS warnings have had the TSB performed (builds after March 9 would already have these updates performed). TSB's are often not very detailed as far as software change-logs go.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really much you can do until Ford comes up with a fix. Meanwhile, carry a portable jump-start battery in the truck. I bought one with my Ford points.

Mine is also an early March build, I've had just one DS message so far, after the truck was sitting for a few days, and most of my driving is short trips. I put a battery charger on the under-hood terminals and set it at the lowest setting (2 amp) for slow charging, left it on for 5 or 6 hours. The message cleared on the Ford Pass app after the next start up. That was a couple weeks ago and so far no additional DS messages.

I'm wondering if any of the flash updates on the rough idle/hot catalytic converter TSB have helped with DS issues. I'd be curious to know how many people with multiple DS warnings have had the TSB performed (builds after March 9 would already have these updates performed). TSB's are often not very detailed as far as software change-logs go.
I also mainly take trips that are 10 miles or less. I have ordered a booster pack which Amazon will deliver tonight. I also have a battery minder charger that I commonly use on my gas powered golf cart /utility vehicle. I read one post that said that individual did not have success with that type of low voltage charger when using the under hood jump posts.

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
The issue with going to under the hood charger hookup is the same issue for why you are getting deep sleep error. The battery cable from battery to under the hood is not getting a good connection so the high voltage battery cant keep the 12v battery charged. Using the under the hood post to charge you will be going thru the same wire that has a bad connection. So thats why it would be ideal to charge at the battery.

Once the bad connections finally fails then no amount of charger/jumper will fix the vehicle until the wire is fixed.

Sponsored

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The issue with going to under the hood charger hookup is the same issue for why you are getting deep sleep error. The battery cable from battery to under the hood is not getting a good connection so the high voltage battery cant keep the 12v battery charged. Using the under the hood post to charge you will be going thru the same wire that has a bad connection. So thats why it would be ideal to charge at the battery.

Once the bad connections finally fails then no amount of charger/jumper will fix the vehicle until the wire is fixed.
my understanding is that the connection fail and it disconnect itself due to poor joint.
if you crimp and clamp the joint it should technically make contact again and recharge the 12v battery.

that's why i carry a couple of tiny clamps and a jumpstart booster just in case.

if crimping doesn't work, then it is something else…

even if you charge the 12v at the battery, i don't know if the vehicle will run properly without a good connection under the hood. So clamping it may help getting you home..

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
my understanding is that the connection fail and it disconnect itself due to poor joint.
if you crimp and clamp the joint it should technically make contact again and recharge the 12v battery.

that's why i carry a couple of tiny clamps and a jumpstart booster just in case.

if crimping doesn't work, then it is something else…

even if you charge the 12v at the battery, i don't know if the vehicle will run properly without a good connection under the hood. So clamping it may help getting you home..
It might be better to just fix the connector before there is a problem.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should just redesign with the 12v under the hood eliminating the problem cable all together..

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they found the solution

they are going to leave the connectors and harness outside the vehicle in 2024-25. Lol
Ford Maverick My deep sleep mode experience F72A63ED-2D23-49A1-8AAD-A53E0925DD75
Sponsored