Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every few days I get a message on the ford pass app that my truck has entered deep sleep mode. I drive it every other day or so, but mostly for short in town errands no more than 5-10 miles round trip. I'm at 900 miles on the odo after 2 months of ownership. I try to baby it to see how much fuel efficiency I can achieve and I'm averaging a little under 39 mpg lifetime.

I suppose this is normal because of the short trips and I have not experienced any issues starting up. The effects of deep sleep mode is that I can't use any remote functions, which I hardly use anyways. Anybody care to chime in on this?
Sponsored

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every few days I get a message on the ford pass app that my truck has entered deep sleep mode. I drive it every other day or so, but mostly for short in town errands no more than 5-10 miles round trip. I'm at 900 miles on the odo after 2 months of ownership. I try to baby it to see how much fuel efficiency I can achieve and I'm averaging a little under 39 mpg lifetime.

I suppose this is normal because of the short trips and I have not experienced any issues starting up. The effects of deep sleep mode is that I can't use any remote functions, which I hardly use anyways. Anybody care to chime in on this?
I was going to say "welcome to the club", but i didn't want to jinx myself😁

OP
OP
Hdang1980

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to say "welcome to the club", but i didn't want to jinx myself😁
Yeah my sentiments exactly. I've read all the dead hybrid battery posts but they weren't quite like my situation so I've been lurking to see if anyone would speak up first. Decided I'll bite the bullet and share first.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Try pushing the L button it increases the Regen braking so should help to charge the hv battery which can charge the 12v battery longer which will help reduce the deep sleeping. Also I have a voltage meter in my dash power point to read the voltage on the buss. I keep daytime running lights and AC fans on speed 3 and ac set to 74. Have not had a deep sleep condition. Have gone four days without driving. But usually drive 5-6 days a week 10-20 or more miles a trip. When I get in truck and push the start button the voltage meter shows the voltage usually 14.5-14.7 but down to 14.1 and as high as 14.8 (I believe the variance is due to the sos of the 12v battery). Then when I push the stop button the voltage meter may drop to 12.1 but usually between 12.5 to 12.8 if the hvb is not charging the 12v battery. Bear in mind my meter specs is +/- 0.1 volts and on my meter the charging 14.7-14.8 starts at 12.1 or little bit less. The 12v is a deep cycle battery and these voltages meet the criteria for those. I do not know what the sos of the hvb triggers the deep sleep mode.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol ive got like 35 unread deep sleep messages in ford pass, all i can say is bring a jump starter with you wherever you go and never lock the car with the keypad whilst keys are inside or you will be stranded

Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my EB XL since Jan. Was getting deep sleep mode alot since I only drive every 7 to 14 days. At 3 months / 1500 miles - dead battery, so I turned off both wifi and ford pass connect in the car. Can't utilize the fordpass features when disconnected, but wasn't using them enough to risk another dead battery. No problems since. Love my Mav...

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my EB XL since Jan. Was getting deep sleep mode alot since I only drive every 7 to 14 days. At 3 months / 1500 miles - dead battery, so I turned off both wifi and ford pass connect in the car. Can't utilize the fordpass features when disconnected, but wasn't using them enough to risk another dead battery. No problems since. Love my Mav...
That's a good point. I also only drive every 7 days or so and only for maybe 5-10 miles (store and back). I will turn off both of these when I get my Maverick.

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a good point. I also only drive every 7 days or so and only for maybe 5-10 miles (store and back). I will turn off both of these when I get my Maverick.
You'll still want to turn on wifi and connect to your home wifi every few months to run system updates...

OP
OP
Hdang1980

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well this seems to be somewhat of a widespread issue. It's this related to that other thread talking about hybrid battery clamps?

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well this seems to be somewhat of a widespread issue. It's this related to that other thread talking about hybrid battery clamps?
Hard to tell. You may want to get one of the 12V Voltage meters that plug into the 12v port, or a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter with app like Torque/OBD Fusion to keep an eye on battery Voltage.
It should be around 14.5 while the truck is running.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

From this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ericks-reported-dealer-solutions-fixes.16862/

NOTE: Customer was advised to disable the "FordPass" APP until further notice as it is suspected of causing a battery drain that affects HYBRIDs. The onboard APP communication module was not replaced.

FORD's/ LINCOLN Concern:

"Some 2013-2023 Ford or Lincoln vehicles with modems activated through FordPass or LincolnWay may experience 12 volt battery drain symptoms when the customer uses non-Ford/Lincoln phone applications as an alternate channel to access vehicle commands such as door lock/unlock, remote start, vehicle location, etc. The battery drain may be caused by excessive calls for data through the vehicle network keeping it in an activated state. Recommend that the customer uninstall the app to ensure this is not contributing to battery symptoms experienced. Advise the customer that unaffiliated third-party app developers do not work directly with Ford to adhere to security, vehicle communication, and privacy requirements."

Typical "FordPass(TM) Connect APP" message foreshadowing further [Dead HYBRID] trouble ahead ... This has also been reported as happening to non-HYBRID, Ecoboost (EB) models which adds credence to the theory that the "FordPass" App in-vehicle module may be overtaxing the vehicle battery in having to maintain connection and/or respond to "FordPass" data exchange requests.

MESSAGE: Your <vehicle's name> Maverick equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy. Remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock may be temporarily unavailable because your battery charge level is low.

<Editor's Note: based on personal experience, this doesn't solve the problem> You can easily fix this yourself by going for a longer ride. Make sure to keep your air conditioning and accessories off during this drive to recharge your battery faster.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exact same for me when mine died, tech replaced battery and reloaded all software and it still would be dead the next day. Then i got the call to remove the truck from the Ford Pass APP and turned off the trucks Wi-Fi, no issue since.
Sponsored