Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After putting on a charger overnight and resetting Battery Management System, I notice my 12v battery is staying at 15.0 volts while driving today. Before it would stay around 14.5.
Also no deep sleep message, yet.

IMG_20230113_161103573_HDR~2.jpg
While driving, that display is showing that your battery is receiving a 15V charge from the system. You're not reading the actual voltage provided by the battery. Even in "normal" ICE vehicles, that would be the alternator current that is charging the battery... But in the hybrid, there is no "alternator" at all – it's all computerized electronics and black magic, controlled in part by the BMS.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I updated the sync software and then turned off wifi and all connectivity features. See what happens. I won't get notified about deep sleep with connectivity off but if the interior lights go on when I open the door the next drive then I will know I'm in good shape!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While driving, that display is showing that your battery is receiving a 15V charge from the system. You're not reading the actual voltage provided by the battery. Even in "normal" ICE vehicles, that would be the alternator current that is charging the battery... But in the hybrid, there is no "alternator" at all – it's all computerized electronics and black magic, controlled in part by the BMS.
Correct. I was just pointing out that normally my battery was being charged at 14.5. Now that I've trickle charged it overnight, it's maintaining it at 15.1.

It drops down to about 12.2 to 12.4 when I shut off the truck.

Last edited:

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting on a Maverick.
For my Escape Plug In Hybrid, after I'd installed a BAGMH6760 battery, I got one of the $26 bluetooth battery monitors(Battery Assistant) and hooked it up.
I'd charged the battery on Monday and it sat till I drove it around town today.
I'd see 15V at start and then saw 13.1V while driving. About 3 minutes after shutdown the relays would click and I could see the battery voltage start rising.

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode alert Escape Battery Voltage - Sitting several days - IMG_0693.PNG

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode alert 13.13V while Driving @1151 - IMG_0691.PNG

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode alert Driving w Start-Shutoffs - IMG_0695.PNG

Charging Escape's battery with Deltran Battery Tender 12V, 15/8/2 Amp Selectable Chemistry Charger set to AGM, Auto.

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode alert Escape Charging Graph 1100 to 1531 - 2023-01-16.PNG

Last edited:

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
battery management reset by doing the bright light flash five times and brake press three times
Gullzway, where did you find out this reset procedure, does it really work or do anything?

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gullzway, where did you find out this reset procedure, does it really work or do anything?
I found it while searching through other threads here. I was planning on taking my truck to the dealer last week after I got the deep sleep mode one time after resetting it.

Wouldn't you know? I haven't gotten the deep sleep message now since the 16th so I have not taken it into the dealer.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...bly-fixed-by-software-update.9415/post-341684

Mavrick Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know how much this actually helped, but I placed my FordPass App on Pause. My phone allows you to pause apps. Now when I need to remote start it seems to be there each time. I have not had a "deep sleep mode" alert since putting app in pause mode. its been a couple of months since I started doing this.
Sponsored