Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ericks-reported-dealer-solutions-fixes.16862/

NOTE: Customer was advised to disable the "FordPass" APP until further notice as it is suspected of causing a battery drain that affects HYBRIDs. The onboard APP communication module was not replaced.

FORD's/ LINCOLN Concern:

"Some 2013-2023 Ford or Lincoln vehicles with modems activated through FordPass or LincolnWay may experience 12 volt battery drain symptoms when the customer uses non-Ford/Lincoln phone applications as an alternate channel to access vehicle commands such as door lock/unlock, remote start, vehicle location, etc. The battery drain may be caused by excessive calls for data through the vehicle network keeping it in an activated state. Recommend that the customer uninstall the app to ensure this is not contributing to battery symptoms experienced. Advise the customer that unaffiliated third-party app developers do not work directly with Ford to adhere to security, vehicle communication, and privacy requirements."

Typical "FordPass(TM) Connect APP" message foreshadowing further [Dead HYBRID] trouble ahead ... This has also been reported as happening to non-HYBRID, Ecoboost (EB) models which adds credence to the theory that the "FordPass" App in-vehicle module may be overtaxing the vehicle battery in having to maintain connection and/or respond to "FordPass" data exchange requests.

MESSAGE: Your <vehicle's name> Maverick equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy. Remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock may be temporarily unavailable because your battery charge level is low.

<Editor's Note: based on personal experience, this doesn't solve the problem> You can easily fix this yourself by going for a longer ride. Make sure to keep your air conditioning and accessories off during this drive to recharge your battery faster.
Exact same for me when mine died, tech replaced battery and reloaded all software and it still would be dead the next day. Then i got the call to remove the truck from the Ford Pass APP and turned off the trucks Wi-Fi, no issue since.
So it seems like the Ford Pass App is the main culprit in most cases. I really have no use for the app so it's getting uninstalled. I do need to have the truck's wifi on though in order to use the wireless Android Auto dongle. If I still experience deep sleep messages, then there will be a AAWireless adapter for sale soon.

EDIT: Well duh! Of course I won't get deep sleep mode messages after removing the truck from the app. lol

Edit 2: So I re-added the truck to my Ford account, but did not activate the Fordpass Connect.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
m
So it seems like the Ford Pass App is the main culprit in most cases. I really have no use for the app so it's getting uninstalled. I do need to have the truck's wifi on though in order to use the wireless Android Auto dongle. If I still experience deep sleep messages, then there will be a AAWireless adapter for sale soon.

EDIT: Well duh! Of course I won't get deep sleep mode messages after removing the truck from the app. lol
My wireless thing works off Bluetooth, i kept that on in the truck, only turned off the truck's Wi-Fi.

OP
OP
Hdang1980

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An AAWireless dongle shouldn't interact with the truck Wi-Fi in any way since it's communicating with the truck via the USB instead of a phone being there. Wi-fi only comes in between your phone and the AAWireless.

OP
OP
Hdang1980

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
m

My wireless thing works off Bluetooth, i kept that on in the truck, only turned off the truck's Wi-Fi.
An AAWireless dongle shouldn't interact with the truck Wi-Fi in any way since it's communicating with the truck via the USB instead of a phone being there. Wi-fi only comes in between your phone and the AAWireless.
I was just about to edit my post once I realized it. Silly me. So I turned off my truck wifi, and removed it from the fordpass app, and re-added it to my Ford account, but did not activate the Fordpass connect on the app. Fingers crossed that I nipped any potential dead battery problem before it inevitably would have occurred at the most inopportune time.

Now I wait for Ford to get their app sh!t together

Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search Amazon for TNVTEC CarPlay Activator dongle for iPhone; it's $82.90, reduced from $94.90. I do not know if they have an android version.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would using a batteryminder 1500 when parked for a few days fix the deep sleep error?

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed the Maverick, at least in warmer months, leaves the Hybrid battery a bit more drained than my 2017 fusion hybrid did. So if you take short trips you have a lot of ICE running to build up some charge and efficiency is not great unless logging say at least 5 miles. Eco mode seems to leave it even less charged despited the extra regen on braking/hills. Of course this observation/speculation since it doesn't show the battery level. I really miss the details the fusion dashboard showed on battery level and individual power gauges for ICE and Electric. You could really massage the mileage out of it. Although, the maverick is very close. Averaging 40.5mpg on the driving my fusion hybrid was around 41.5mpg. Can't complain about that!

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Edit 2: So I re-added the truck to my Ford account, but did not activate the Fordpass Connect.
Yes, you don't want to lose your points; so keep the App and account on your phone...

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving hybrid first edition today in economy mode with "L" button activated. I really like it in heavy traffic with some stop lights and speeds up to 45-50 mph. When I remove pressure on go pedal and during coasting the Regen braking can hit 100% of the green. I use the brake pedal much less and if I have to come to a complete stop it takes much less pedal And I get 109% almost always. Today I believe I must have almost totally charged the HVB as the Regen braking greatly diminished and the ice activated with a deeper different sound and "surged" to 3 or 4 different RPM's (?) Which I took to be the engine braking the momentum since presumably Regen braking could not be used if the HVB was mostly charged. (Of course if the heavy Regen braking was heating the battery too much the computer may have had to engine brake to keep battery from overheating). I did turn off the "L" button and the ice surging stopped maybe because rate of Regen braking was reduced.

Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
I m going to try using L, as i already drive 98% ECO. It sounds like city driving is a good place for its use.
Thx for tip

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful, although it sounds like a great idea be aware that your brake lights don't come on when the car is being slowed down by 100% regen in L mode. You may find the cost of being rear ended by an inattentive driver quickly offsets any savings in fuel efficiency.

OP
OP
Hdang1980

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful, although it sounds like a great idea be aware that your brake lights don't come on when the car is being slowed down by 100% regen in L mode. You may find the cost of being rear ended by an inattentive driver quickly offsets any savings in fuel efficiency.
I worry about that too when I'm driving the tesla with aggressive regenerative braking on.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Thx for reminder, i use heavy regeneration already, there are some unattenitive drivers out there to be weary of.

Eagle1662001

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BED CAP LIGHTS -possibly.
We have a 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid (at around 2000 mile mark now) for our fleet vehicle and after having a bed cap outfitter install our bed cap (with LED lights under the wing doors)I was getting the Deep Sleep message every night on the Ford Pass app and then after it sat over a period of 3 day weekend we found the truck to be completely dead and we had to jump start it. That happened twice and Ford had to put a new battery in each time as they said it failed. The 2nd Ford dealership actually took time to meter out the electronics and found that the extra current draw was coming from our bed cap wiring harness that ran up into the engine area and connected to the positive jump post with an inline fuse in between. As soon as they removed the fuse to the cap lights wiring harness they seen the current draw go away. So then we spoke with the bed cap outfitter and we didn't know it, but there is a prop switch (at least on our "ARE "cap model ) that you can set to "ON" or "Auto", which allows you to leave the cabinet wings on the cap open and the LED lights will stay ON if need be. We found that somehow when possibly putting items in the shelves that maybe we bumped the switch and put it in "ON" mode, which obviously kept a current draw constantly. Sooo, if you have an ARE bed cap with LED lights under the door wings and back door, make sure a switch is not in the "ON" position. I think we got so accustomed to any kind of dome light going out automatically when the vehicle shuts off that we never suspicioned it was the bed cap lights.

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode? ARE Bed Cap Light Prop Switch
Sponsored