First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a touch of logic to this. Constrained means Ford only has so many to build. They still want them built. So, if they have the parts for 10 Lariat Lux packages ready to build, they are going to grab 10 Lariat Lux orders over 10 Lariat orders without it. They just won't grab 11.
I get that, but it still means that removing "constraints" is just a stab in the dark. One's truck might be in that group of 10 or it might be 11. If it is in the ten then all the constraints don't matter. One is just as likely to miss out on production because Ford was building trucks with a lot of constraint items and didn't select the ones without them.

The lesson I have decided to take from this is that I won't be changing my 2023 order at all. If that means I wait longer, so be it. That might be easier for me to say since I will probably have my 2022 by Thanksgiving.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get that, but it still means that removing "constraints" is just a stab in the dark. One's truck might be in that group of 10 or it might be 11. If it is in the ten then all the constraints don't matter. One is just as likely to miss out on production because Ford was building trucks with a lot of constraint items and didn't select the ones without them.

The lesson I have decided to take from this is that I won't be changing my 2023 order at all. If that means I wait longer, so be it. That might be easier for me to say since I will probably have my 2022 by Thanksgiving.
Same. I ordered the truck I wanted. If I never get it, then there are other trucks.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bob, Did that correct your email issue? Working now? I have given my email address to customer care every time I have spoken to them and still no emails from Ford from my 2022 order or my new 2023 order.
Not sure as I have not received any emails as yet from Ford. The CSR did see the .com in lieu of .net and corrected that and said these emails are computer generated. He also stated that I most likely will never see the confirmation email as the computer sent it to .com and that was that. However he assured me all future emails "should" be sent properly.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got my fingers crossed... My small dealership told me they have 8 allocations. They said they have 5 orders, four of those being hybrids. They said my order is the only rollover they have and only priority 10 order.

However, I ordered a pretty constrained vehicle.... so now we wait and see

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've got my fingers crossed... My small dealership told me they have 8 allocations. They said they have 5 orders, four of those being hybrids. They said my order is the only rollover they have and only priority 10 order.

looking at your sig, I guess you hedged your bets by creating a second order at Long McArthur. I can't see that one getting built, but you have a much better chance on your rollover order at your small local dealer.

I ordered 2 last year for the same reason. But because they were ecoboost awd, both actually have been built and delivered. Good luck!

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I must be dealing with a difficult dealer because anytime I ask about allocations they don't respond.

SR-71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The salesperson at my small dealership also seems reluctant provide info on their allocations, but they have been pretty straight about everything else.

Yesterday they told me that all their 2023 Maverick COVP's were still pending with Ford, but did provide me with a 6-digit tracking number.

Mini mav

First Name
Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I have a 22 lariat fx4 bought off the lot in oct 22, I ordered a 23 lariat tremor this morning, no delivery date though, but its ok I still have my 22 .

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
It's ironic that Ford want to punish dealers who misbehave and charge over MSRP but then put these crazy low allocations on dealers that have been known to sell at or below MSRP that get lots of orders because they do offer better prices.

I can understand allocations for "on the lot" vehicles, but placing allocation limits on custom orders just seems wrong. That's not letting the customer go to where they can get the best price (which is what Ford is claiming they're trying to do).

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's ironic that Ford want to punish dealers who misbehave and charge over MSRP but then put these crazy low allocations on dealers that have been known to sell at or below MSRP that get lots of orders because they do offer better prices.

I can understand allocations for "on the lot" vehicles, but placing allocation limits on custom orders just seems wrong. That's not letting the customer go to where they can get the best price (which is what Ford is claiming they're trying to do).
It's some odd logic for sure... it leaves customers in a very awkward position. Choose the wrong dealer and you won't get the vehicle you ordered, yet the customer is not privy to the information that determines it. So the customer doesn't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Can you really blame customers that put in multiple orders?

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm guessing / hoping that they will build the most constrained orders first as the parts to put together the most constrained are well constrained so harder to put together that puzzle after you start dolling out portions of those parts allocations to other vehicles. Guess we will just wait and see. I got a roll over Lariat hybrid with lux and copilot + assist.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hybrids are more popular in the warmer climates, TX, CA and FL too. They sell way more in these regions.
Not sure I totally agree with your statement. From where I stand I do not see that many hybrids in North Tejas. I was in Boston last week and saw a ton of hybrids. A lot more greenies in the Northeast compared to Tejas.

Edrobyn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with my dealer and he says they have 26 orders of which 3 are roll overs and they have 30 allocations.
My dealer was just the opposite, he told me they had 36 allocations last year and Ford gave them much less than expected allocations for ā€˜23 and since some of their 22ā€™s didnā€™t get built most of their 23 allocations will be taken up with rollovers and thereā€™s a good chance my new order wonā€™t get built.
Sponsored