Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He was miffed because they are basing allocations off of past sales and many of the 22's have not been received yet. I forget the number, but quite a few in production, in shipping, and on hold.
Wouldn't all dealers be affected by that? Does it make sense to withhold capacity from dealers just because there were delays? Perhaps that was the flaw in Ford's allocation formula.
Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It doesn't make sense for Ford to in effect penalize one of their highest volume truck dealers and the customers that go along with it, and yet...

I suppose we as the consumers just can't see the big picture.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local dealership said they have 20 Mav allocations for 2023 MY...and a solid 30 orders. (I do not know the ratio of roll-overs vs. new.) Folks who know about constraints, and are willing to modify their options, may have the better strategy for getting built.

holy triumvirate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville.
I almost went with Ted Russell but switched to a Chattanooga dealer on the 16th because I couldn't get my sales guy to respond. Placed the order in 5 minutes over the phone. No idea re: allocation.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great Idea! My email wasn't included on my order so I have never received any confirmation emails, and while my sales person says it has been updated in the system, verifying with Ford seems like the way to go.
I did all that to try and get emails from Ford for my 22 order. It didn't help. My order is in production right now, so there's that.

Sponsored

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how much the flavor of Maverick is playing into the allocations. As hybrids are less popular in the South, will they get more allocations since Ford already said 65% of the trucks will be EcoBoost?
I think the hybrids are the most popular choice everywhere. I live in Southeast Texas where gas is $2.80 a gallon right now, and I still ordered a hybrid. Most of everyone else I know that ordered a Maverick in the Houston area also ordered hybrids

LushRoller

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I almost went with Ted Russell but switched to a Chattanooga dealer on the 16th because I couldn't get my sales guy to respond. Placed the order in 5 minutes over the phone. No idea re: allocation.
Did either of them require a deposit? I believe Ted Russell said they wanted $500 (non-refundable) which was a big no for me. I went out of a state for a below MSRP price but maybe I should have ordered in state.

holy triumvirate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did either of them require a deposit? I believe Ted Russell said they wanted $500 (non-refundable) which was a big no for me. I went out of a state for a below MSRP price but maybe I should have ordered in state.
Both dealers charged $500 and said it was refundable. Maybe TR changed their refund policy at some point.

DeezTrucks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2002 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both dealers charged $500 and said it was refundable. Maybe TR changed their refund policy at some point.
I was the first order at Ted Russell, (Kingston Pike, not sure about Parkside) they didn't know the banks were actually open until I told them let's try it. $500 deposit is refundable (what I was told). Hope all this is good news since my only add on was the full size spare.

Sponsored

wcshort22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like there are multiple people in this thread that ordered from Ted Russell. I did also. I ordered 1st thing Friday morning and there were like 3 or 4 others also there ordering at the same time. I was also told the $500 deposit was refundable.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a reasonable ballpark.

If Ford can make 90,000 Mavericks for the US market and there are about 3,000 US ford dealerships then that is 30 per dealership on average. Of course there will be tiny rural dealerships that get a lot less and huge mega dealers that get a lot more.

The only thing I would question is if they actually have the allocations for the entire model year yet. I don't have any inside information about how it works but it sounds like Ford keeps tweaking the details and giving out some of the allocations month by month.

Some of the very low allocation numbers that people have posted did not make any sense.
As of 8/8/22, my dealer said they received 30-40 total 2022 Mavericks. And they were the biggest dealership in the USA a couple years ago. And for months they only had 1-3 Mavericks in their online inventory at any given time. Early on in November of 2021, they were getting in about 9 Mavericks a month so the pace slowed way down in early 2022 and the pace stayed slow ever since.

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I want to know did Ford take more orders for 2023 than they can make in the few days the order banks were open. If they can make the orders received then its just a waiting game. If they took more orders than they can make then WTF. Cancel those orders or at least say not likely to get built. WHY leave a person hanging for a year?

Yea i get they may have parts for this one build but not this one with these options. so Ford isn't really sure which ones it will build. BUT still,

Say they leave me hanging for the entire year then say oh oh no Mav for you. Reorder a 2024. No thanks. I am out of here. Maybe Toyota will have a competitor by then? Or just forget the whole thing about a small hybrid truck, No way I would do a 2024 reorder. Not if they let me hang in the wind for a year.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local dealership said they have 20 Mav allocations for 2023 MY...and a solid 30 orders. (I do not know the ratio of roll-overs vs. new.) Folks who know about constraints, and are willing to modify their options, may have the better strategy for getting built.
Lets not count on that. I have two 2022 orders. Both ordered after January 15th, one has CP360 & Luxury Package both of which are supposed to have been constrained. The other has neither CP360 or the luxury package. Guess which one is built?

Yep, the truck with the constraints is built, the one with the only options being FX4 and 4k Tow has been pushed back twice and isn't in production yet. Also, FWIW, the truck that has been built was originally scheduled for 11/7 and then got bumped forward to 9/14 at the same time the "unconstrained" truck got bumped back. Also, the "constrained" truck was originally scheduled two weeks after the "unconstrained" truck.

TLDR, constraints seem to actually be meaningless, taking them off doesn't speed up production. That isn't just my experience, there have been lots of similar posts here on the same thing.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lets not count on that. I have two 2022 orders. Both ordered after January 15th, one has CP360 & Luxury Package both of which are supposed to have been constrained. The other has neither CP360 or the luxury package. Guess which one is built?

Yep, the truck with the constraints is built, the one with the only options being FX4 and 4k Tow has been pushed back twice and isn't in production yet. Also, FWIW, the truck that has been built was originally scheduled for 11/7 and then got bumped forward to 9/14 at the same time the "unconstrained" truck got bumped back. Also, the "constrained" truck was originally scheduled two weeks after the "unconstrained" truck.

TLDR, constraints seem to actually be meaningless, taking them off doesn't speed up production. That isn't just my experience, there have been lots of similar posts here on the same thing.
There is a touch of logic to this. Constrained means Ford only has so many to build. They still want them built. So, if they have the parts for 10 Lariat Lux packages ready to build, they are going to grab 10 Lariat Lux orders over 10 Lariat orders without it. They just won't grab 11.
Sponsored