Sponsored

My dealer says they didn't receive confirmation of my order, even though I did.

skero

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Emailed my online sales rep earlier trying to get my priority code. They said their manager placed my order on 9/16 when order banks opened, which they did, because I received my confirmation email, but they did not receive a confirmation on their end.

Shortly after sending that email today, I received another confirmation email with the same build out as my original. Turns out they placed another order under my name. So now I have two Maverick builds under my name, I only care about the first one cause it went through early on the 16th. They're also saying they can't give me an order number for my original build because they didn't receive whatever confirmation they need from Ford. I talked with Ford chat and they wouldn't do anything without the order number. The dealer says they can't give me an order number without the VIN, so I need to send that to them once Ford sends it to me.

Does this sound a little shady, or nothing to worry about? What should I do next?
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Emailed my online sales rep earlier trying to get my priority code. They said their manager placed my order on 9/16 when order banks opened, which they did, because I received my confirmation email, but they did not receive a confirmation on their end.

Shortly after sending that email today, I received another confirmation email with the same build out as my original. Turns out they placed another order under my name. So now I have two Maverick builds under my name, I only care about the first one cause it went through early on the 16th. They're also saying they can't give me an order number for my original build because they didn't receive whatever confirmation they need from Ford. I talked with Ford chat and they wouldn't do anything without the order number. The dealer says they can't give me an order number without the VIN, so I need to send that to them once Ford sends it to me.

Does this sound a little shady, or nothing to worry about? What should I do next?
This is why I had to place a second order with a new dealer yesterday!
I think your dealer is being dishonest with you and you don't have time to find out for sure!
You have 6 hours to reorder somewhere else if you wish.
Good luck!

OP
OP

skero

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turns out the original order did go through and the dealer just sent me the order number. Phew.
Sponsored