Sponsored

Dealer says they are canceling my order?

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
I know it seems there is a lot of this today. This is the first time my dealer has contacted me about anything since ordering late October.
He ask me if I am willing to cancel co-pilot 360 in order to get build date instead of waiting till 2023. I said no because it can not be install after it built.
His reply was They will cancel it and l have to come back in Aug-Sep to reorder. Told him I am calling corporate cause I thought he was trying sell it out from under me or misinformed. I don't know who to call anyways.
Then I hope on here and it seems people today have been told they they are getting pushed to 2023 or have to reorder. Are they talking just 2023 MY or actually 2023.
I was hoping to see it May-June but if I have to wait longer it is what it is. What is no ok is having to reorder then get bent over again waiting and lets not forget the nice price increase for next year. My guess is $2000-$4000 more and higher interest rates.
How did I come up with that number? The city I work for was qouted for a snow plow for a F250 in early Nov and it was $9,300 under discount. That same plow a year ago was $7300-$7800. Since November we just got the funds together to go buy the plow and the new price was $11,800.
I am in Canada and my dealer just canceled my order as well and refunded my deposit and all, all because they cant get the SNUG CAP here in Canada now is what I got told.
Sponsored

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I finally got some time to make the phone call today. Wait time was less then a minute.
The rep said it is still in the system and Ford is not canceling anything. If it does not get built it will just be pushed in to the 23MY. If it will be a 23 or a 22 did not ask, don't really care. As long as I a not paying more. Also would save me a little money on registration on 22.

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in Canada and my dealer just canceled my order as well and refunded my deposit and all, all because they cant get the SNUG CAP here in Canada now is what I got told.
Is "SNUG CAP" a topper or something else?

doubleplay2025

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D, Honda Civic, 2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, this is the perfect time to get rid of dealers and make them Delivery and Repair centers only. The last vehicle I ordered was with my phone, including the paperwork, rebates, sales contract. I never talked to a human. It was tracked with an Xcel spreadsheet like here and I knew within 2 weeks of its delivery. Yes, it was over 6 months to get it. Ford should learn from Tesla. What you see it what you get, No BS. But I will still wait for a "small truck" Nothing on the road today like the Maverick in this price point. I love our Model X and hope the same for the MAV!

Sponsored

tfbeme

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy equinox, mini convertable, on order=maverick
Ordered the XLT, lux package, 4g tow package. On 1/08/2022. Emailed the dealer at the beginning of March, after reading of delays due to the lux pack. He wrote back that I had a build date for the week of 3/28. This past week I emailed the dealer again asking for an update. Again he wrote back, this time saying that my vehicle was built and awaiting transportation with an expected arrival for the week of 4/28 - 5/05. And Thai I should receive an email from ford when the vehicle is in transport. After all that I have read here, I find it very had to believe the dealer. Anyone in a similar situation?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered the XLT, lux package, 4g tow package. On 1/08/2022. Emailed the dealer at the beginning of March, after reading of delays due to the lux pack. He wrote back that I had a build date for the week of 3/28. This past week I emailed the dealer again asking for an update. Again he wrote back, this time saying that my vehicle was built and awaiting transportation with an expected arrival for the week of 4/28 - 5/05. And Thai I should receive an email from ford when the vehicle is in transport. After all that I have read here, I find it very had to believe the dealer. Anyone in a similar situation?
You should have a VIN and window sticker by now- Ask the dealer for these.

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it seems there is a lot of this today. This is the first time my dealer has contacted me about anything since ordering late October.
He ask me if I am willing to cancel co-pilot 360 in order to get build date instead of waiting till 2023. I said no because it can not be install after it built.
His reply was They will cancel it and l have to come back in Aug-Sep to reorder. Told him I am calling corporate cause I thought he was trying sell it out from under me or misinformed. I don't know who to call anyways.
Then I hope on here and it seems people today have been told they they are getting pushed to 2023 or have to reorder. Are they talking just 2023 MY or actually 2023.
I was hoping to see it May-June but if I have to wait longer it is what it is. What is no ok is having to reorder then get bent over again waiting and lets not forget the nice price increase for next year. My guess is $2000-$4000 more and higher interest rates.
How did I come up with that number? The city I work for was qouted for a snow plow for a F250 in early Nov and it was $9,300 under discount. That same plow a year ago was $7300-$7800. Since November we just got the funds together to go buy the plow and the new price was $11,800.
Hey got a brand new plow, never been used. I think it is 10 ft(?) Let it go for a great deal. Downside - located in Los Angeles
Ver

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's who to call. Might have to hold a bit. 1 800 334 4375. Dealer is either misinformed, incompetent, or actively lying to get you to drop your order so they can mark it up.
Or the Alternative is to go to Ford chat and talk to someone who is more in the know
Sponsored