Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a 22 lariat fx4 bought off the lot in oct 22, I ordered a 23 lariat tremor this morning, no delivery date though, but its ok I still have my 22 .
Interesting. Dealer just took your order and put it in a folder because the order banks closed back in 9/21. They could not actually submit that order to Ford.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Dealer just took your order and put it in a folder because the order banks closed back in 9/21. They could not actually submit that order to Ford.
he is in Canada... i believe orders are still open there

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's some odd logic for sure... it leaves customers in a very awkward position. Choose the wrong dealer and you won't get the vehicle you ordered, yet the customer is not privy to the information that determines it. So the customer doesn't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Can you really blame customers that put in multiple orders?
I put in multiple orders for 2022 because of these reasons. I just didn't feel confident that the local dealer, where I ordered my 1st Maverick, would do ROVP/COVP right and/or get an allocation for the vehicle. I ordered it before I knew about any of those things, then discovered the forum, and ended up putting in two "backup" orders right before the order banks closed in January.

Of those three orders one rolled over to 2023, one has a VIN but production date keeps getting pushed back, and ironically the third, my original from my local dealer, is built though not yet delivered. If the whole system was more reliable and dealers didn't have such a bad rep in general I never would have placed the second two orders.

Now, I just have to hope that the dealer where I ordered my first truck doesn't try and pull any funny business. Right now the plan is for my brother to buy the second Maverick from me assuming it is really built and delivered.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like Tim and LM were making assumptions and you know what that gets you.

Still, I think there isn't really anything shared we haven't already known. We knew before the floodgates opened the hybrids would be in short supply and if dealers knowingly took more hybrid orders, then that was a risk they took. If the numbers provided are to believed, 80% of the orders LM took were hybrid. Ford said to allow only 35% for hybrid. So, why are we surprised LM's allocations are lower?

Compare that to mine who actively steered people away from hybrids (not a hard task in Alabama). I'm willing to bet my dealer gets all of their retail orders cleared before LM.
My dealer told me to strike the spray in bedliner and let them add it as it was delaying orders by twenty weeks. So I said ok. But I am sticking with the Lariat and EB.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me to strike the spray in bedliner and let them add it as it was delaying orders by twenty weeks. So I said ok. But I am sticking with the Lariat and EB.
Yep. Only thing I left on that might be pointless were the floor liners but my dealer told me they would strike that on their own if they were the sole thing holding up my order.

Sponsored

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed and what really gets ugly is if you ordered more than one 22 build. Do you get a rebate credit for all your orders or just one per person? Really strange manner of handling an issue that Ford Corp. handled very differently in the Branco rollovers.
In that case it would be a question of how many you are allowed to redeem.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In that case it would be a question of how many you are allowed to redeem.
Yeah, I believed only one per customer but if anyone has more than one 22 order that rolled, chime in.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. Only thing I left on that might be pointless were the floor liners but my dealer told me they would strike that on their own if they were the sole thing holding up my order.
I'm going to try the ones out of my Bronco Sport and if they don't work I have enough points to order some from the dealer.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the hybrids are the most popular choice everywhere. I live in Southeast Texas where gas is $2.80 a gallon right now, and I still ordered a hybrid. Most of everyone else I know that ordered a Maverick in the Houston area also ordered hybrids
My local dealer said about 80 percent of their orders were hybrid. So I don't think one area favors EB's over Hybrids from what has been said here and I am in a rural town.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This whole process sounds like a good "back in my day" story. Back in my day we had to order a Maverick and didn't know if or when we'd get it. Sometimes we even had to order 5 scattered across the US and Canada and still had to wait a year for one to arrive (although I'm hoping we don't have to result to those extremes)...

Sponsored

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Lets not count on that. I have two 2022 orders. Both ordered after January 15th, one has CP360 & Luxury Package both of which are supposed to have been constrained. The other has neither CP360 or the luxury package. Guess which one is built?

Yep, the truck with the constraints is built, the one with the only options being FX4 and 4k Tow has been pushed back twice and isn't in production yet. Also, FWIW, the truck that has been built was originally scheduled for 11/7 and then got bumped forward to 9/14 at the same time the "unconstrained" truck got bumped back. Also, the "constrained" truck was originally scheduled two weeks after the "unconstrained" truck.

TLDR, constraints seem to actually be meaningless, taking them off doesn't speed up production. That isn't just my experience, there have been lots of similar posts here on the same thing.
It would be naĂŻve to think that Ford does not take how much profit they will be making on each vehicle that is ordered and will prioritise the orders which make them more money.

The higher margin luxury package might be constrained but when they have the parts to make one it would make sense for them to put that order at the front of the line.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the hybrids are the most popular choice everywhere. I live in Southeast Texas where gas is $2.80 a gallon right now, and I still ordered a hybrid. Most of everyone else I know that ordered a Maverick in the Houston area also ordered hybrids
That’s good to hear. I’m in the Beaumont area with a 2.0 order…..the more people in the Houston dealer region with hybrid builds, the better in my opinion.

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's ironic that Ford want to punish dealers who misbehave and charge over MSRP but then put these crazy low allocations on dealers that have been known to sell at or below MSRP that get lots of orders because they do offer better prices.

I can understand allocations for "on the lot" vehicles, but placing allocation limits on custom orders just seems wrong. That's not letting the customer go to where they can get the best price (which is what Ford is claiming they're trying to do).
I don't understand why dealers are even in the equation at this point, if ordering and no negotiating is the new normal. The good old days when could test drive a vehicle 🤣

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why dealers are even in the equation at this point, if ordering and no negotiating is the new normal. The good old days when could test drive a vehicle 🤣
For sure they are irrelevant. What service are they actually providing?

I generally disagree with Elon Musk on a lot of things, but he was right to remove dealers from the equation, even if he did it for his own financial best interests.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For sure they are irrelevant. What service are they actually providing?

I generally disagree with Elon Musk on a lot of things, but he was right to remove dealers from the equation, even if he did it for his own financial best interests.
there are a lot of protectionist laws in various states that force car manufacturers to use dealers. I am not at all interested in any model of Tesla, but my understanding is that they actually transact in a neighboring state. basically sidestep the process of legally buying in Texas.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/te...-the-state-from-being-sold-directly-to-texans
Sponsored