Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Sounds like a reasonable ballpark.

If Ford can make 90,000 Mavericks for the US market and there are about 3,000 US ford dealerships then that is 30 per dealership on average. Of course there will be tiny rural dealerships that get a lot less and huge mega dealers that get a lot more.

The only thing I would question is if they actually have the allocations for the entire model year yet. I don't have any inside information about how it works but it sounds like Ford keeps tweaking the details and giving out some of the allocations month by month.

Some of the very low allocation numbers that people have posted did not make any sense.

OP
OP

JCG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JCG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a reasonable ballpark.

If Ford can make 90,000 Mavericks for the US market and there are about 3,000 US ford dealerships then that is 30 per dealership on average. Of course there will be tiny rural dealerships that get a lot less and huge mega dealers that get a lot more.

The only thing I would question is if they actually have the allocations for the entire model year yet. I don't have any inside information about how it works but it sounds like Ford keeps tweaking the details and giving out some of the allocations month by month.

Some of the very low allocation numbers that people have posted did not make any sense.
I agree some of the low numbers make no sense. My dealer while not large is not small. They are in a larger city(Cincinnati)

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree some of the low numbers make no sense. My dealer while not large is not small. They are in a larger city(Cincinnati)
The usual speculation is that's either a monthly allocation, or they did the "get them to cancel and sell with a markup" too many times and lost allocation. And it also doesn't take into account that regional has extra allocation to slush around.

Kinda stuck hoping regional isn't playing favorites, though.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dealer I'm working with in East Tennessee told me they have 37 allocations, and my order is #27 in the queue. Still, I'm not holding my breath, since my order is for a hybrid.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I'm working with in East Tennessee told me they have 37 allocations, and my order is #27 in the queue. Still, I'm not holding my breath, since my order is for a hybrid.
Do they happen to mention how those allocations are spaced out? So would their 27th truck be scheduled for March/April timeframe?

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do they happen to mention how those allocations are spaced out? So would their 27th truck be scheduled for March/April timeframe?
No clue. So far I've only been able to talk with my sales person, who doesn't have access to the details. Between the Maverick orders and Bronco stuff (with new Super Duty now also drawing a lot of interest) the entire crew is as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger...

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While true- really no incentive for dealer to mislead- order already placed and order bank closed
Hey, I wish you best of luck but if Tim from Long McArthur Ford, whom in most people’s eyes, is the MOST open dealer here in the forum, doesn’t want to talk about this year’s allocations, that means it ain’t good. Allocations are down and even the large dealerships are hoping they get more.

Settle in, it is going to be a VERY long road, full of setbacks and disappointment. This is just the unfortunate process.

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up on Tim not wanting to discuss allocations the other night as well. Allocation rules change by the day. Personally, I do not give a damn what they say today as it will change a ton of times before and IF my Maverick comes in.

On the bright side, got sick of waiting for the dealer to change my email address to the correct one after two weeks so I contacted Ford myself and got it done with their help of course.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hey, I wish you best of luck but if Tim for Long McArthur Ford, whom is most people’s eyes, is the MOST open dealers, here in the form, doesn’t want to talk about this year’s allocations, that means it ain’t good. Allocations are down and even the large dealerships are hoping they get more.

Settling in, it is going to be a VERY long road, full of setbacks and disappointment. This is just the unfortunate process.
Tim doesn't wanna talk allocations because they "ain't good" for Long McArthur. All dealers had a rough idea of the allocation/commodity situation before order banks opened and LM chose to ignore it.. That very information was even posted publicly on this forum. This was LM's choice to take more hybrid orders alone than they were awarded total allocation in 2022 and I do not see 2023 going very well for them. I appreciate the information Tim shares, he does a lot for us, but this was not the right move for LM.

For a dealer who stayed in their lane and worked with the little bit of information that Ford gave, that type of dealer will be just fine. That's likely the type of dealer OP is working with. Being one of 26 orders at a dealer who receives 30 allocations will be a very different experience than being the 600th hybrid order at a dealership that will be lucky to recieve 300 hybrids over the next year..

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No clue. So far I've only been able to talk with my sales person, who doesn't have access to the details. Between the Maverick orders and Bronco stuff (with new Super Duty now also drawing a lot of interest) the entire crew is as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger...
I'm wondering, if I want a Bronco 4-door with a hard top and manual transmission to replace the Maverick Tremor I hope to get sometime in 2023, should I go ahead and order it now so I might get scheduled by 2025 or 2026? :ROFLMAO:

Only half joking...
Sponsored