Sponsored

How many orders/reservations did you place?

• Total voters

tucsonrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
1 Reservation. 1 Order w/ $100 deposit + drivers license copy.
Then about 5 changes to the original order. All I ever wanted was an XL entry truck with 2.0 eco and 4K TOW, plus spray-in and tonneau. Then discovered about 2 weeks ago that if I wanted the 4K TOW I had to order the AWD. (If I wanted the vehicle any time this year...) After adding the $2,000 net for AWD, I figured I might as well go for the FX4. Whoops! Have to have the XLT version in order to get the FX4 option. So I did it. Now my $26,500 Maverick sets at $30,600. It's OK. I'll have a great truck. BUT I would have been happier with that extra $4,000 in my pocket and still have a truck that could haul a teardrop camper.
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
1 Reservation. 1 Order w/ $100 deposit + drivers license copy.
Then about 5 changes to the original order. All I ever wanted was an XL entry truck with 2.0 eco and 4K TOW, plus spray-in and tonneau. Then discovered about 2 weeks ago that if I wanted the 4K TOW I had to order the AWD. (If I wanted the vehicle any time this year...) After adding the $2,000 net for AWD, I figured I might as well go for the FX4. Whoops! Have to have the XLT version in order to get the FX4 option. So I did it. Now my $26,500 Maverick sets at $30,600. It's OK. I'll have a great truck. BUT I would have been happier with that extra $4,000 in my pocket and still have a truck that could haul a teardrop camper.
How big of a teardrop trailer are you hauling? A hybrid can haul up to 2k which is 200lbs of tongue weight the average teardrop is about 1500lbs which is well within the hybrids tow range.

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One reservation and turned into a order 4 days later with local dealership. MSRP plus
200 down and doc fee of 188 and sales tax.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Current reservation to order conversion rate as of 350 voters: 71%
(273 orders from 383 reservations)

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two Reservations, one at a Local Dealer, they told me they would let me know when they could order, never got back to me. Put in a Reservation with another Dealer in another town and they got right back to me, scheduled a time to go in and got my order in. Ordered 7/2/2021, confirmed later that day via email from Ford. XLT Hybrid, Cyber Orange, Lux Package, Co-Pilot 360 and All Weather Floor Mats. Thinking of changing color to Velocity Blue from the Cyber Orange.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed a reservation and told my dealer to not worry about it until they actually got the truck on site. Then they called me to tell me they had a training vehicle on site.

This was after I had learned that Ford wouldn't be shipping any hybrids to dealers without a customer order. I took care of the order then and put my $500 deposit down.

It's at MSRP plus tax, tags and the shipping fee. Since it's a work truck and can be depreciated, I'm not really worried about getting the best deal. I'll be getting all of it back as a tax deduction from the government.
Just make sure they don’t try to tag you twice for shipping. The total MSRP on the window sticker will include destination/delivery.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While our conversion rate here is not jiving with what I imagine the "overall" rate to be, it is still very telling IMO. We can see that quite a few have had to place more than one reservation before placing an order. Not to mention, there are probably a significant amount of folks who may have initially reserved, yet changed their minds, thus those folks would not be the ones who frequent this site and tell us they reserved one or two but will not actually order. Would have been interesting to have a poll like this that had been up and running since June :oops:

TLDR; good insight for our very small, enthusiast based sample!

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like @Hdang1980, I made a reservation at one dealer, didn't like the deal, and ordered without a reservation at a different dealer.

So I guess Ford would see that reservation as "cancelled" instead of leading to an order.
How was the deal different? Was there an actual sizeable difference in ordering from someplace else? If ordering brand new, models, options, and destination charge should all be the same...right?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How was the deal different?
Taxes. Big city dealer charged $500 more than a dealer in a nearby small town. Not their fault, but significant to me. The big dealer tried to compensate by offering me $500 off a $1500 lifetime maintenance plan (which would have increased their total price by $1000). Didn't buy it.

(They could have compensated by cutting invoice by 2%. Some dealers have cut as much as 4%. But they weren't willing to do that. Probably the right decision for them.)

The small town dealer will get a smaller allocation, but I was #2 on their list instead of much farther down on the big city dealer's list. I'm hoping that will balance out in terms of delivery date.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people who considered actually buying/ordering one, but DIDN'T, is not very likely to be on these forums. I'd assume the vast majority of that group isn't in the polls. That has to throw off the numbers/ratios
That's quite literally what I said in my post that you quoted lol:

"Not to mention, there are probably a significant amount of folks who may have initially reserved, yet changed their minds, thus those folks would not be the ones who frequent this site and tell us they reserved one or two but will not actually order."

Sponsored

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1 Order
1 Reservation
1 outrageous trade in offer on my 16 Cruze
Then my wife ordered and finally received an Escape Hybrid Sel loaded out. Alto blue ,looks great.
Now I Cant wait for the maverick.

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed a reservation and told my dealer to not worry about it until they actually got the truck on site. Then they called me to tell me they had a training vehicle on site.

This was after I had learned that Ford wouldn't be shipping any hybrids to dealers without a customer order. I took care of the order then and put my $500 deposit down.

It's at MSRP plus tax, tags and the shipping fee. Since it's a work truck and can be depreciated, I'm not really worried about getting the best deal. I'll be getting all of it back as a tax deduction from the government.
Hey Tonyinsd, Can you tell me what dealer had the training maverick on site

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Tonyinsd, Can you tell me what dealer had the training maverick on site
It was Mossy Ford in PB. I was their 37th order. I didn't ask what their conversion rate was.

Conquest88

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987conquest,1986conquest,2016 focus,2020 superdut
Hey All,

I reserved a maverick and the very next day the salesman called me to set up an appointment.

I went into the dealership and was treated with respect and just like normal. i placed an order for a maverick.

i used the dealer in Lowell ,Indiana and i keep seeing that some of you have run into dealer markups, that is unfortunate because i was able to get my order placed with an A-Plan (employee discount) from said dealer. I guess some dealers put customers first !! Maybe we should find those dealers and put them first as they have done with me.

Tom

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
made two reservations at separate dealerships and ended up ordering with the one that showed more interest.
Sponsored