Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this display show Hybrid battery SOC like it does on the Toyota Camry?

Ford Maverick Monitoring Hybrid Battery State-Of-Charge 1682632867925
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does this display show Hybrid battery SOC like it does on the Toyota Camry?

1682632867925.png
I don't have Lariat. But people tell me no. Lower trims don't have what you've shown.

Bill B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Boz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
14ECC403-7801-40F4-A5CC-8672DF993270.jpeg

This size blue bar = high state of charge. The bar shrinks gradually to just a peg at 30% charge, the lowest you can get in EV mode.
Wow, I have never, ever seen anywhere near that much charge. Mine maxes out at about under the R in electric...if I'm lucky. I don't have any acceleration to speak of in electric mode either. Might be able to get up to 20mph on flat ground in 200 yards or so, maybe.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, I have never, ever seen anywhere near that much charge. Mine maxes out at about under the R in electric...if I'm lucky. I don't have any acceleration to speak of in electric mode either. Might be able to get up to 20mph on flat ground in 200 yards or so, maybe.
That much blue is rare. For me too.

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang you guys are giving me ideas with Torque Pro, been using it for years only for car repair not really for full time car monitoring.

I've modified cheap old Android phones and built them into my Tacoma and 500e for navigation/music use because Android Auto/Apple CarPlay didn't exist at the time. Now I've learned I can monitor HV battery using Torque Pro? and there is a conveniently sized cubby next to the factory screen?! 😅

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why monitor thE battery? You can’t change anything. Even the behavior of the truck, ie, when the ice starts and stops will not like correlate to any scan gauge readings. Just curious..
It helps to understand how battery gets charged during normal normal driving.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Im not judging..Not my thing. I just know BS when I see it..You have to be careful when you go on and on about stuff and assume your audience are total idiots. I just spent 3 months in the LA area with family. I get it. I also know how to max out the tank. 800 is bs..So stop.
800 miles per tank is doable, My last two tanks were 800+ miles. It take some restraint to go it. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't either.
Ford Maverick Monitoring Hybrid Battery State-Of-Charge 1684628105076

This is the past 10 fill up. The last two Fill up would have been over 800 miles but I needed to fill up before the following day.

OP
OP
MaveRichard

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just updating this thread to note that I have gone back to the ScanGauge 2 from the ScanGauge 3. A few weeks back I sent the SG2 back to Linear Logic for a firmware update and have since been able to successfully program the X-Codes to view the HVB State-of-Charge. The programming information is listed on Post #28 of this thread.

I like that this is right in front of me and smaller that the SG3 on a day-to-day basis. With that being said - all the different available metrics that the SG3 has taught me more than I would ever want to know about this truck and how the hybrid powertrain operates. I just passed 15,000 miles on the truck and about 7000 of those miles I had the SG3 attached.

Fun Fact: if you are traveling above 50MPH and the truck will not go into EV mode your hybrid battery is below 45% or your coolant temp is below 130*(in normal mode)

Ford Maverick Monitoring Hybrid Battery State-Of-Charge SGII

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fun Fact: if you are traveling above 50MPH and the truck will not go into EV mode your hybrid battery is below 45% or your coolant temp is below 130*(in normal mode)

SGII.jpg
I love stats to try and confirm.
For me, always, without exception, EV has been possible with coolant temp above 120°F. It will stay in EV if you are stationary (stoplight or drive-through) down to the one teens, 116°F etc.).

I've not made the 45% correlation but will look for it.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SGII.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This appears to be correct.

Three attempts to go EV at above 50 mph with battery below 45% = no go.

Drop to 49 mph, drops to EV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaveRichard

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For me, always, without exception, EV has been possible with coolant temp above 120°F. It will stay in EV if you are stationary (stoplight or drive-through) down to the one teens, 116°F etc.).
If there are no cabin heat demands I will see 120s as well. 130 is just a higher baseline in all conditions. I really just added the bit about coolant temp to explain that this also plays a factor in whether or not the ICE will shut off.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SGII.jpg
This appears to be correct.

Three attempts to go EV at above 50 mph with battery below 45% = no go.

Drop to 49 mph, drops to EV.
[/QUOTE]
Is idle at 1250 rpm normal?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is idle at 1250 rpm normal?
Yes. When the engine is running you want it to be best utilizing as much output as you can at the highest thermal efficiency charging the HVB and/or driving the vehicle. Mapping this out you get a graph that looks something like this (in this case for a Toyota 2.5L) Source

Ford Maverick Monitoring Hybrid Battery State-Of-Charge 1711644591141-4b

As you can see it starts to really meaningfully generate power efficiently over 1000 RPM with the ideal range somewhere between 1500-3300 RPM. This is part why being coupled with an eCVT is so useful because the engine's speed can be mostly irrespective of the trans output speed due to the constantly variable, [near-]infinite ratio.
Sponsored