First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your blue bar shrinks faster....need more charge. Best guess from me. I tried the slippy selection today....hot damn i will be using that a lot for my driving. It made a huge difference. This had to have been 700 mile club selection
Sponsored

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you see that much difference using the slippery mode over ECO ?

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Better for hilly backroads. Which I drive a lot of.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you see that much difference using the slippery mode over ECO ?
A lot will depend on road and how it's driven but in slippery it regens at a slower rate and you can coast further. There will be less energy conversion loss from putting energy into and taking it back out of battery and possibly using less energy cooling the battery from that activity. I don't remember exactly but I believe the battery is 85-90% round trip efficient and that may include energy used to cool battery. Most of the difference would come from coasting further than putting it in battery.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Better for hilly backroads. Which I drive a lot of.
Same here. Slippery mode for my 2-lane hilly drive to/from town. ECO for the (rare) times I get on a freeway and use cruise. I consistently get ~50mpg in these hills and around 40 on a freeway.

The best trip mileage I have gotten is 58 and the worst is 38. Lifetime average is 43 mpg (calculated & tank fillup shutoff at first click).

Hybrids are very popular where I live - lots of older Priuses still going strong, and on original batteries. Based on what owners of them had told me, I knew the Maverick Hybrid would get great mileage here. And the eCVT eliminated the stupid gear hunting that's so common with regular automatic transmissions!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you very much. That’s the screen I am using and now have a much better understanding of it.
Same here. Not sure how I overlooked this thread in the past, but glad I found it.

GPSMan's explanation about the length of the blue bar and how much of it is solid helped me a lot. It helped me understand what the very simple meter on the EV coach actually tells you about the battery charge and how much of it you're using, at any given moment.

Hoofer814

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing as built.
But yes you can read the information with a device connected to the on board diagnostics port, under the dash, above your left knee.
Hey! Would the device be something like Fixd? I had that on my Subaru Forester and it worked well. I didn't want to plug it in until i found out if it worked. Thanks!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Serious question: what would you do with the information even if it was presented to you? It's not like you can do much about the charge level, unlike a PEV
I'm moving to a more hilly area (the Ozarks) and I'm interested to see if the terrain on common trips maxes out or depletes the battery.
I would just like the feedback to adjust my style.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey! Would the device be something like Fixd? I had that on my Subaru Forester and it worked well. I didn't want to plug it in until i found out if it worked. Thanks!
I have never used “Fixd”.

Just from their web site it looks like a troubleshooting tool and not really a tool to see live real time gauge read outs. “TorquePro” is something more like a ScanGauge without the screen. You’ll have to use a phone. ScanGauge is all in one; plug n play. Very easy to use.
Sponsored