Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is the drone at speed? Based on the clips it sounds like it will drone a bit but not as bad as some of the others.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How is the drone at speed? Based on the clips it sounds like it will drone a bit but not as bad as some of the others.
Very little, if any.

jayrx7trbo2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 22nd of December 2022, I installed the MBRP Cat Back Exhaust on my Maverick.

I ordered it on the 16th of December and received it on the 20th.

Install was easy for a novice like myself. Instructions were great. Total time was about 45 minutes.

I went with the stainless option due to living in the rust belt.

I also ordered a different tip, kit comes with a round stainless tip, and I went with a rectangle looking black tip. Friend got the stainless steal one that came with my kit.

I find it to be the perfect sound, it is not fart can sounding at all, but a very nice deep sound.

Here are some sound clips:

322678405_671634887938847_966760333258850897_n.jpg

322256152_688602002978773_3516842534244268679_n.jpg

322943162_1245556159635249_3198388271792676538_n.jpg
which one is yours? stainless steel or aluminized steel??do you have any cabin drone at steady speeds?? 40, 50, 60, 70? Drone is my Biggest fear,

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

which one is yours? stainless steel or aluminized steel??do you have any cabin drone at steady speeds?? 40, 50, 60, 70? Drone is my Biggest fear,
I went with stainless because I live where they put salt on the roads.

Let me see if I can find a video of in cab windows up at speed.

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

jayrx7trbo2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with stainless because I live where they put salt on the roads.

Let me see if I can find a video of in cab windows up at speed.
Thank you, really appreciate that. I'm down in Florida so I wonder if the other exhaust sounds different since the metal is different. Probably going to reach out to them and ask

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't decide if I want to put an exhaust on or just leave it quiet. I didn't care for the MBRP that I put on my F150 at cruising speeds, it was nice when I got on it though and I noticed better MPG, but yours sounds much quieter on the inside. Did you see much of an improvement in fuel economy?

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't decide if I want to put an exhaust on or just leave it quiet. I didn't care for the MBRP that I put on my F150 at cruising speeds, it was nice when I got on it though and I noticed better MPG, but yours sounds much quieter on the inside. Did you see much of an improvement in fuel economy?
I do not drive enough to notice, plus since getting the exhaust I have lifted and changed tires. I only have 2400 miles on since November 2022.

Demosouthpaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick - 21 Bronco - 53 Merc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not drive enough to notice, plus since getting the exhaust I have lifted and changed tires. I only have 2400 miles on since November 2022.
DId you notice any performance increases? Probably moot to ask given the larger tires (assuming you but larger tires)

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

DId you notice any performance increases? Probably moot to ask given the larger tires (assuming you but larger tires)
I haven't dynod my Maverick.

Unless someone changes out the cats, no matter what exhaust there will be no performance gains. That is from what I have seen in my years in the car and truck scene.

It is a nice deep sound, doesn't sound like an import. Not over loud and little drone in the cab.

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I put a SS MBRP single 3” on my 5.0 F150. Nice quality and sounds great.

Demosouthpaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't dynod my Maverick.

Unless someone changes out the cats, no matter what exhaust there will be no performance gains. That is from what I have seen in my years in the car and truck scene.

It is a nice deep sound, doesn't sound like an import. Not over loud and little drone in the cab.
Understood, and naturally I'm in the same camp as you are.

However I found this while researching the best cat back

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-3...ess-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system-w-black-tip

So I was just curious if the "butt dyno" noticed anything lol.

Thanks your your speedy response!

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Understood, and naturally I'm in the same camp as you are.

However I found this while researching the best cat back

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-3...ess-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system-w-black-tip

So I was just curious if the "butt dyno" noticed anything lol.

Thanks your your speedy response!

Note it says UP TO.

Unless there are major changes from all exhaust, remember the limititinhbfactor of air movement will be limited to the smallest section. Engine is an air pump, the more air you can getbin and out is what makes horsepower. On a cat back system you are still limited on how much air you can get out by everything from the cats forward.

So manifold, turbo, cct would all need changed to increase the amount of air you can get out, then you also have to increase air coming in so turbo intake manifold, air inlet.

I could tell you yes, but I would be lying on feelingba difference via butt dyno.

On and off in my life, I have been involved in road course and drag racing from crewing, driving to even TV production. I have built trucks that have been at SEMA, and even been in Manufacturer street truck books. Not tooting my own horn, but letting you know I have a been around this stuff for a while. I am no expert by any means just sharing what I have learned from others over my years on this planet.

MBRP is in my opinion the best sounding, best suited exhaust for any vehicle. There is a reason besides sponsorship that Baja, Snowmobile, road racers, drag racers, and drifters use MBRP. they respond very well when added other power adders.

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I put a SS MBRP single 3” on my 5.0 F150. Nice quality and sounds great.
First MBRP exhaust I used was after meeting the owner Martin, in 1999.

I have their stainless on my Maverick, just changed the tip to the retangle tip the make.

Quality, in my opinion, of MBRP is what other manufacturers should strive for.

Demosouthpaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Note it says UP TO.

Unless there are major changes from all exhaust, remember the limititinhbfactor of air movement will be limited to the smallest section. Engine is an air pump, the more air you can getbin and out is what makes horsepower. On a cat back system you are still limited on how much air you can get out by everything from the cats forward.

So manifold, turbo, cct would all need changed to increase the amount of air you can get out, then you also have to increase air coming in so turbo intake manifold, air inlet.

I could tell you yes, but I would be lying on feelingba difference via butt dyno.

On and off in my life, I have been involved in road course and drag racing from crewing, driving to even TV production. I have built trucks that have been at SEMA, and even been in Manufacturer street truck books. Not tooting my own horn, but letting you know I have a been around this stuff for a while. I am no expert by any means just sharing what I have learned from others over my years on this planet.

MBRP is in my opinion the best sounding, best suited exhaust for any vehicle. There is a reason besides sponsorship that Baja, Snowmobile, road racers, drag racers, and drifters use MBRP. they respond very well when added other power adders.

Appreciate the detailed response, and sharing your knowledge.

Why do you say best suited?

Currently I've narrowed it between MBRP and AFE, and really only leaning towards AFE because it has a similar rumble + I like the dual blk tips in front of the rear tire.

Any exp with AFE? Really just doing it for the sound, don't want anything droney/ricey-I get that with a 4-Cyl it cant be helped, but I really just want the deepest tone possible.
Sponsored