bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you’ve got AWD/4k now with reduced departure angle.
I hope you're not purchasing AWD without the FX4 package to go off road. According to Ford, only the FX4 is designed for off road use and even then you're only getting minimal stuff. No low range or lockers.

The AWD in this truck is merely meant for slippery conditions and maybe gravel road use. I am betting an AWD car could go 95% of the places the Mav could with AWD. It's just not designed to be an off road vehicle and that's fine as I'm betting most Mavericks sold will not be off pavement ever. Much like most Jeep Wranglers sold.
Sponsored

Last edited:

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I

must

hear

this.

Sorry, video/sound clip doesn’t work. Hope it can be made as loud as the brodozers that go by our house daily making it shake.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope you're not purchasing AWD without the FX4 package to go off road. According to Ford, only the FX4 is designed for off road use and event then you're only getting minimal stuff. Still no low range or lockers.

The AWD in this truck is merely meant for slippery conditions and maybe gravel road use. I am betting an AWD car could go 95% of the places the Mav could with AWD. It's just not designed to be an off road vehicle and that's fine as I'm betting most Mavericks sold will not be off pavement ever. Much like most Jeep Wranglers sold.
I didn’t order awd at all

EDIT to add......

I sold my 2020 Ranger 4x4 before I placed the order on this truck. i have absolutely NO delusions of this thing being more than a dirt road vehicle. It'll surely take me places where my former Honda fit got me. that is if I don't mildly lower it. If I wanted a off road rig, id have kept my ranger, or one of my jeeps, or bought another something or other with HI/LO range and a rear locking diff

Last edited:

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would love to see how it looks in the front were the pipes connect, on a lift PLease

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sound clip:
Based on the comments, I expecting it to be terrible. It didn’t sound too bad to me. Especially for what the motor is. Then again, I played it on my PC speakers to hear it properly.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Lol it will never see off-road activities that will require departure angles. I got the 4K tow package along with the all wheel drive for two reasons. 1 tires will wear approximately the same time. 2, you get the increased cooling capacity, bigger cooling fans and transmission cooler which helps greatly in the summer time. Or for those that are worried about departure angles would probably do a lift kit and add much larger tires. But to each his own, right?
There appears to be a lot of folks in the Maverick Forum who fart roses. At least, that's what they think.

Nice work my man.

Last edited:
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol it will never see off-road activities that will require departure angles. I got the 4K tow package along with the all wheel drive for two reasons. 1 tires will wear approximately the same time. 2, you get the increased cooling capacity, bigger cooling fans and transmission cooler which helps greatly in the summer time. Or for those that are worried about departure angles would probably do a lift kit and add much larger tires. But to each his own, right?
NO!!! You must comply!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you're not purchasing AWD without the FX4 package to go off road. According to Ford, only the FX4 is designed for off road use and even then you're only getting minimal stuff. No low range or lockers.

The "Maverick Rattler" is coming.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't see the video or the sound. :(
I had to go on my computer to play the sound clip. It would not play on my iPad.
Sponsored