Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

... But they sure kick ass! (Mine does, anyway)
Wow! You have a CyberTruck? Please post pictures of it, including the interior. Try as I might, I cannot find any pictures other than the "pre-release" press conference of an actual one, and even the Tesla web site seems to not show "real" pictures...
Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are just cordless driving appliances. Once the battery pack dies, it will be thrown out like a cordless shaver or cordless vacuum.
I'd actually buy a used tesla - replace the battery for 20K and you have a new car for 1/2 the price

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd actually buy a used tesla - replace the battery for 20K and you have a new car for 1/2 the price
No, you have a wore out car with a $20k battery.

Alan Help

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lot of dealers in my area have 22s in stock at 5k over. Must be lots of people walking away from the order. Dont blame them really with trade values tanked and high interest rates.

i was visiting my grand children in Twin falls Idaho. and came out of the big 5 sports and there was a Hyundai Santa Cruz there on the neighber lot. They were asking only the MSRP which surprised me. Then I went to the ford dealer about 2 blocks away and they had a maverick f4 for only about 3,000 over MSRP. It amazed me the prices were almost good. I had to remind myself that i will be getting a build date soon and should have a personal private offer so i should wait. i almost have talked myself out of buying the truck but i really do want it. Hope to get a build date soon original order was 6 oct 2021 but was not put into the computer until 26 October 21. hoping to have a build date before April

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sleeper 7

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i was visiting my grand children in Twin falls Idaho. and came out of the big 5 sports and there was a Hyundai Santa Cruz there on the neighber lot. They were asking only the MSRP which surprised me. Then I went to the ford dealer about 2 blocks away and they had a maverick f4 for only about 3,000 over MSRP. It amazed me the prices were almost good. I had to remind myself that i will be getting a build date soon and should have a personal private offer so i should wait. i almost have talked myself out of buying the truck but i really do want it. Hope to get a build date soon original order was 6 oct 2021 but was not put into the computer until 26 October 21. hoping to have a build date before April
Im waiting to. I felt bad enough paying MSRP. I usually dont buy new unless I get 20% under sticker. The only way I would leave my order at the dealer is if Toyota comes out with something soon. Not likely as my build week is 1/9.

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took a look at inventory at Ford.com and found a lot of Mavericks. It seems however that many were customer orders that the customer plans to complete. Has anyone who order and picked up their Maverick spotted theirs at the Ford site? Apparently, if you see one on Ford.com you need to click the "Dealers Website" button and see if you get a 404 or find the vehicle for sale.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took a look at inventory at Ford.com and found a lot of Mavericks. It seems however that many were customer orders that the customer plans to complete. Has anyone who order and picked up their Maverick spotted theirs at the Ford site? Apparently, if you see one on Ford.com you need to click the "Dealers Website" button and see if you get a 404 or find the vehicle for sale.
I don't have a build date for my Maverick yet, but my Bronco Sport has a build date of 1/05. The day the window sticker generated, it popped up on my dealers website as "in stock and available".

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My local dealer had a refused-order 22 Cactus Gray XLT FX4 4K sat on their lot for almost a month till it finally got sold this week. When I checked in to get an update on my order status, the sales rep told me about that truck on their lot. I said I’ll take it for MSRP and he said uh… No. I then told him you can keep it, I’ll just wait for mine.

MSRP was $29k, they wanted $39k at the time I visited the dealer, then two week after they knocked it down to $37k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sleeper 7

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct you cant use the Ford site. Dealer site will have pictures and price on available stock

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither of those trucks are compact direct competitors for Mavericks.
Wrong, the Ridgeline is. Maybe not in your eyes, but in the market and design, it is.

BohemianLikeYou

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bohemian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I gave a dealer a hard time about a 5k markup on an awd XL. Knowing MSRP and lack of features I wasn’t willing to do that. They couldn’t sell it for weeks which was fun to remind him about since he thought he would sell it by the end of the day. But the day it showed up they suckered someone. 30k you could get a used Honda Ridgeline or Chevy Colorado.
Honda Ridgeline starts at $38,800 MSRP

bingobangobongo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 4Runner V8 RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you sure about that? What's your source for that info?
Blue window stickers are dealer orders. Green stickers are retail orders. That's the only indication you'll get without calling them.

You're probably not getting a green sticker truck unless the customer walks away from it.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Before I ordered I contacted dealers about "inventory" and only found one out of ten that was actually on the lot and available. They wanted $5k over which was not bad compared to other dealers around here and it sold fast.
Sponsored