Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AUTOTRADER.COM - currently shows 449 "results" when I search for New 2023 Hybrids. Yes, we all understand that most are spoken for, in-transit or already delivered.
But- it should be a decent yardstick to measure "accumulation".
Sponsored

Live2play2live

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None your business
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have to know the MSRP since by law the sticker must remain on a new truck until it is sold.
Yeah, but dealers have decades of experience skirting laws that hinder their bottom line. Yes, msrp is stated but they can charge whatever they want for "dealer installed options, fees, etc." I feel like most of us posting here are/have made an effort to be more informed than the average car purchaser. Every single dealer is a for profit. Some take advantage more than others. At the end of the day it is up to the person buying anything if it is worth the cost or not.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I gave a dealer a hard time about a 5k markup on an awd XL. Knowing MSRP and lack of features I wasn’t willing to do that. They couldn’t sell it for weeks which was fun to remind him about since he thought he would sell it by the end of the day. But the day it showed up they suckered someone. 30k you could get a used Honda Ridgeline or Chevy Colorado.
There are a number of factors you might have missed here. 1. Supply and demand. Supply low; demand high - seller's advantage. (2) Many different backgrounds and stories behind those shopping for a Maverick. For some, paying $5k for exactly the vehicle they want is worth not having to spend more time and energy calling dealers across the country, waiting for God knows how long, and settling for something less than what they wanted. Others, perhaps need a vehicle post haste due to work issues or a calamity. Paying $5k over does not necessarily make anyone a "sucker".

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not in Fort Wayne, Indiana they aren't. When I was at the dealership taking delivery of mine, a guy walked in and asked "where are all your Mavericks?" I chuckled when he was told they don't have any and probably won't have any. My salesman told me the used ones that come in sell immediately.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AUTOTRADER.COM - currently shows 449 "results" when I search for New 2023 Hybrids. Yes, we all understand that most are spoken for, in-transit or already delivered.
But- it should be a decent yardstick to measure "accumulation".
When I searched Autotrader within 200 miles of me looking for an available '22 model, then called EVERY SINGLE DEALER about their listing(s), ALL of them were sold orders. I find the practice of putting vehicles that are sold/spoken for on a car sales website a little shady myself. That's why I wound up ordering my '23.

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but dealers have decades of experience skirting laws that hinder their bottom line. Yes, msrp is stated but they can charge whatever they want for "dealer installed options, fees, etc." I feel like most of us posting here are/have made an effort to be more informed than the average car purchaser. Every single dealer is a for profit. Some take advantage more than others. At the end of the day it is up to the person buying anything if it is worth the cost or not.
You missed the point - the sticker is on the window - so they know the MSRP - it cannot be removed by the dealer. All that other BS is true but on a new truck there is no way for a dealer to hide or change the actual MSRP.

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
getting the search results does not mean they are available or accumulating, all of them are
- Ordered by customer - spoken for, or
- Has Markups (they don't advertise that in auto-trader)

we can not get any trim for MSRP at the moment

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You missed the point - the sticker is on the window - so they know the MSRP - it cannot be removed by the dealer. All that other BS is true but on a new truck there is no way for a dealer to hide or change the actual MSRP.
MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Key word is "suggested", so that would seem to leave room for the dealer to charge whatever they want.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Key word is "suggested", so that would seem to leave room for the dealer to charge whatever they want.
It is against the law to remove or modify the Monroe sticker on a new Car or truck. That is why dealers place the other sticker beside it that shows the adds.
it is the federal automobile disclosure act. Yes the dealer can charge whatever they want but that doesnt change the msrp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_Information_Disclosure_Act_of_1958

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is against the law to remove or modify the Monroe sticker on a new Car or truck. That is why dealers place the other sticker beside it that shows the adds.
it is the federal automobile disclosure act. Yes the dealer can charge whatever they want but that doesnt change the msrp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_Information_Disclosure_Act_of_1958
You are correct. The sticker is not to be tampered with, however, what they want to charge you while you sit in the sales office is always negotiable and not always in the buyers favor.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i was visiting my grand children in Twin falls Idaho. and came out of the big 5 sports and there was a Hyundai Santa Cruz there on the neighber lot. They were asking only the MSRP which surprised me. Then I went to the ford dealer about 2 blocks away and they had a maverick f4 for only about 3,000 over MSRP. It amazed me the prices were almost good. I had to remind myself that i will be getting a build date soon and should have a personal private offer so i should wait. i almost have talked myself out of buying the truck but i really do want it. Hope to get a build date soon original order was 6 oct 2021 but was not put into the computer until 26 October 21. hoping to have a build date before April
Worth the wait, though, the 14 months seemed like a loooonnnggg time. LGB
Sponsored