First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wondered what others thought of the official specs (below) for the Maverick. Overall I am pretty happy with what was revealed and it looks like many of the rumors and guesses were correct. I'm ready to order.

I was surprised by the standard hybrid engine. Also pleasantly surprised by the 4K capability with the tow package. Mildly disappointed by Sync 3 rather then Sync 4, but not a huge deal for me.

What about you?

[DOWNLOAD SPECS SHEET]
Ford Maverick Maverick Technical Specifications Sheet - What are your reactions? 2022-Ford-Maverick-Technical-Specifications-1

Ford Maverick Maverick Technical Specifications Sheet - What are your reactions? 2022-Ford-Maverick-Technical-Specifications-2

Ford Maverick Maverick Technical Specifications Sheet - What are your reactions? 2022-Ford-Maverick-Technical-Specifications-3

Ford Maverick Maverick Technical Specifications Sheet - What are your reactions? 2022-Ford-Maverick-Technical-Specifications-4
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
giddyup

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another thing I noticed is that the First Ed comes with 17" wheels rather than 18s. I know the FE wheels are unique to that package, but surprised by the smaller wheels. Is this a cosmetic thing?

Also, no Kodiak Brown as a color choice. I never liked the browns/tans in the past when they were more popular but they've grown on me as I become an old fart. Not sure if I would have ordered it had it been available though.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I wondered what others thought of the official specs for the Maverick. Overall I am pretty happy with what was revealed and it looks like many of the rumors and guesses were correct. I'm ready to order.

I was surprised by the standard hybrid engine. Also pleasantly surprised by the 4K capability with the tow package. Mildly disappointed by Sync 3 rather then Sync 4, but not a huge deal for me.

What about you?
I love the specs. And I think Hyundai is doing the …… oh shit. Right about now.
Ford did what it always does, dominate the truck market

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1500 load capacity is what an old Toyota Pickup has.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Another thing I noticed is that the First Ed comes with 17" wheels rather than 18s. I know the FE wheels are unique to that package, but surprised by the smaller wheels. Is this a cosmetic thing?
17" tires are better suited to the AWD and off-road, more sidewall flex allows for a better ride on rough surfaces.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh cool the still nearly newsnow tires from my Subaru Crosstrek not only fit in size but fully support the weight limit.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
17" tires are better suited to the AWD and off-road, more sidewall flex allows for a better ride on rough surfaces.
For those of us who live in pothole country (4 season area's in U.S. lower 48), we WANT the smaller wheels with the wider tire sidewall.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My thoughts? WHOLLY F&^%ING $H!+ Batman!

I never in my wildest dreams expected the base model ($20ish-k) to be a hybrid.

I am a little disappointed there is no AWD hybrid option.

The rear legroom and overall people carrier area is perfect for my current and future needs.

The bed is all I need, personally.

I am sold on the Maverick for my next vehicle. This vehicle checks all of my boxes. Before the Maverick reveal, NO vehicle on the U.S. market checked ALL of my boxes.

My only decision now, is whether to go with my head, and get the FWD Hybrid and the improved gas mileage, or go with my heart, and go with the turbo AWD.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the specs. And I think Hyundai is doing the …… oh shit. Right about now.
Ford did what it always does, dominate the truck market
agreed. Where's that guy who said Hyundai "beat Ford to the punch" now? :ROFLMAO: Looks like they actually just :poop: all over the early reveal parade...

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my early concerns were step in height at the tailgate + bed length for loading & unloading motorcycles by myself + not being forced into upgrading to something like Lariat and extra tech groups just to get the 2.0/AWD and pushing price above $30k for the privilige. I think I can get a bike in there angled with tailgate down, but buying a little bike trailer if needed won't kill the entire deal given all the other goodness. I sure hope they have manual deactivation for auto start/stop like my F-150.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
agreed. Where's that guy who said Hyundai "beat Ford to the punch" now? :ROFLMAO: Looks like they actually just :poop: all over the early reveal parade...
I was one of them.

First, as of now, I prefer the Maverick over the Hyundai, as the MPG #'s will leave the Santa Cruz in the dust.

For those folks obsessed with towing capability, the Santa Cruz 2.5T would be the better choice.

Outside of max towing, Ford just took a dump in Hyundai's cereal. Buuut...I think Hyundai knew this, which is why they catered to the U.S west coast folks with their reveal time and their marketing--"Sport Adventure Vehicle."

The maverick sticks to the old spirit of the small pick-up with the towing and payload #'s. Also, the fact that the Maverick can handle most of the payload being in the truck bed is HUGE. I'm a 300lb dude, so my max payload is immediately dropped to 1200lbs, but still. I'll take 1200lbs in the bed over the "700lbs" max in the bed from the Santa Cruz.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a winner. The base Hybrid is a perfect city utility truck. They're going to sell a gazillion of them.

I'm having a hard time thinking that a FWD hybrid XL or going whole hog on a first edition.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a winner. The base Hybrid is a perfect city utility truck. They're going to sell a gazillion of them.

I'm having a hard time thinking that a FWD hybrid XL or going whole hog on a first edition.
My partner more, or less, demands the Lariat for the premium seat material. Going that route, it will be tough to avoid the Luxury + First Ed route, though I'm not planning to buy until early 2022.

Hammersticks

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My partner more, or less, demands the Lariat for the premium seat material. Going that route, it will be tough to avoid the Luxury + First Ed route, though I'm not planning to buy until early 2022.
Yeah for me I have basically decided to wait for a hybrid AWD option that has higher towing capabilities. The 2000 lb limit is a massive letdown for me. I am also holding out hopes for Sync 4 as well in the future. I am willing to settle for 3 if I can get the AWD Hybrid option with better towing specs.
Sponsored