Sponsored

Stan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I like the rendering and wonder if Ford will have an option of something aggressive looking, but not quite Raptor-aggressive...

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
There are Roush F150 and Ranger, How about a Roush Maverick?

Reactions: Doc

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I’d take an “ST” or “RS” trim before a “Raptor” trim in a product of this type.

I’m not really a Ford guy, and the Maverick is the first Ford product I’ve been interested in quite some time. I hope Ford doesn’t forget the folks that like some sport like driving and engine options. They axed sedans and hope they come up with something based off this platform. I don’t off-road, but do like some nice responsive driving characteristics coupled with the use of an open bed design.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I think you might be on to something there. The only ST models Ford has now are the Explorer and Edge. And those are hardly nimble and fun in the corners I'd imagine. There's no fun, sporty, little racer anymore. The Maverick would be perfect for that. Lower it a bit, put the manual transmission from a Focus ST/RS in it (if that would work load wise I'm not sure), give it a graphics package, and a headache rack with ST stamped in the side. Basically all the things @Doc wants to do to his. haha

I'd agree that a Maverick Raptor is outside the function of a vehicle like this. Even though the name kind of works. haha But at the same time, I suppose Ford could really go crazy with this thing and cover so many bases. Get the base fleet market, the cheap fresh out of college market, the ST/RS racing market, the off-road runner Raptor market, the adventure market, the suburban market, the hybrid market, the full electric market, the light truck market. Just take this platform, tweak it a bit, tune the engine different, put different shocks on it, and you could tailor to whole different market with each trim.

That being said, I don't expect Ford to put out all of that stuff from the start, if at all. First model year I expect it to be pretty standard stuff. Then they can start mixing it up as the years go on.
At a minimum, I’m hoping that Ford includes a 2.3T engine option. I’d be okay on a high trim level option due to as I’d be purchasing upper trim anyway. I know that overlaps with current Ranger’s sole engine offering, but I’m really looking for an engine option with some bite in the compact segment if I’m going to a product like Maverick. The 2.0T is decent, but the extra displacement of the 2.3T would be more suited for what I am imagining to be able to reach the 270-290 HP/310 TQ mark. Ford offers the 2.3T, in decent tune, in their Lincoln Corsair, and that is compact CUV on the same C2 platform, so there is some hope.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I’d take an “ST” or “RS” trim before a “Raptor” trim in a product of this type.

I’m not really a Ford guy, and the Maverick is the first Ford product I’ve been interested in quite some time. I hope Ford doesn’t forget the folks that like some sport like driving and engine options. They axed sedans and hope they come up with something based off this platform. I don’t off-road, but do like some nice responsive driving characteristics coupled with the use of an open bed design.
I would LOVE a Maverick RS! Give me a 2.3L (300hp 325lbft) same AWD system that’s on the Bronco Sport Badlands. But lower it with sport suspension. 19”wheels with summer tires. And recaros.
would HOPE for a manual but I could deal with the 8 speed.

Happy Guy 823

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, I wish they styled the actual trucks a bit more like these renders in regards to the fender styling. It would solve all my issues with how flat and boring I think the side shots of the Maverick looks.

Well at least we can hope for a fender flare option from Ford(or the aftermarket). That would partially help at least.
I've seen aftermarket fender flares out there. Sorry can't remember where.
Sponsored