Sponsored

Maverick is gone. Maverick replacement is....

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my heart set on a Ridgeline when the 2017's were released, by the time I could make a move on one, the front wheel drive version was gone, the base price of 30K went to 37K, above my pay scale & the mpg's had dropped to less than what I was driving at the time. So I was thrilled to get something I wanted for 25K, with far better mpg's, the Maverick, sometimes good things come to those who wait. The Ridgeline is a great looking/reliable truck if you can afford one.
Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline-Nobody wants them=no supply demand
Maverick- Everybody wants one=canā€™t make ā€˜em fast enough
well...they do sell quite well here, and part of the problems Ford has had is they should have taken longer to originally release the Maverick. First year of production usually has some problems, too may on the Maverick..rushed.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well...they do sell quite well here, and part of the problems Ford has had is they should have taken longer to originally release the Maverick. First year of production usually has some problems, too may on the Maverick..rushed.
Are you the OP? Thatā€™s who I was referencing.
Your response is irrelevant.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" I will keep an eye on the Mav development and maybe in 3 or 4 more years they'll get it dialed in, hopefully with a MSRP still under $25k."

So Ford is supposed to get the Maverick "dialled in" over the next 5 or 6 years and keep the MSRP below 25k ??? Right :ROFLMAO:

Well anyway I like Ridgelines , I used to have a Ridgeline back before they changed the body style which I think is an improvement. I still prefer the Maverick for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guv

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you the OP? Thatā€™s who I was referencing.
Your response is irrelevant.
You made a general comment, and someone responded. That's how forums work.

You are super worked up about this. Step back, my dude. Step back.

Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another irrelevant response

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline-Nobody wants them=no supply demand
Maverick- Everybody wants one=canā€™t make ā€˜em fast enough
Which is why, if it fits your needs, you take advantage of your difference preferences and get the discounted thing? If I'm looking for a jacket, I'm probably going to take last year's design on clearance over the trendy one at the normal price. Now the navy one is sold, and the dark navy one is still available if someone comes in that wants it. I win, the store wins, and the future customer wins.

OP got a car that fit their needs significantly better, and their Maverick went back to the market for someone with different needs. Again, a triple win.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Deleted member 14823

Honda makes good vehicles and at least the styling of the Ridgeline is not embarrassing looking, unlike certain other competitor vehicles I could mention. I just think they're a bit overpriced. But anyway, nice truck.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sold the 2023 Maverick Hybrid and bought a 2023 Ridgeline Black Edition. I only drive 2K or maybe 3K miles a year and wont miss the extra fuel economy too much.

I will keep an eye on the Mav development and maybe in 3 or 4 more years they'll get it dialed in, hopefully with a MSRP still under $25k.

Every new gen model has growing pains - it is what it is. Doesn't matter who the mfg is, very few get lucky with a homerun the first few production years.

I prefer to buy very mature-generation vehicles. This is the 6th model year and 7th production year of the 2nd gen Ridgeline - and by now it is very well sorted out.

N.A. V6 9-sp AWD w/paddle shift, climate control in the rear, nearly 600watt stereo and the entire bed is one giant speaker. Plus it has a trunk - A TRUNK!!

Honda is offering $1k instant rebates and 2.9%/60mo on these - and on top of that they can be found $5k-$6k under MSRP right now if you shop.

IMG_9882.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9888.jpeg
Hmmmmm. More stuff I don't need. Loving my Mav

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sold the 2023 Maverick Hybrid and bought a 2023 Ridgeline Black Edition. I only drive 2K or maybe 3K miles a year and wont miss the extra fuel economy too much.

I will keep an eye on the Mav development and maybe in 3 or 4 more years they'll get it dialed in, hopefully with a MSRP still under $25k.

Every new gen model has growing pains - it is what it is. Doesn't matter who the mfg is, very few get lucky with a homerun the first few production years.

I prefer to buy very mature-generation vehicles. This is the 6th model year and 7th production year of the 2nd gen Ridgeline - and by now it is very well sorted out.

N.A. V6 9-sp AWD w/paddle shift, climate control in the rear, nearly 600watt stereo and the entire bed is one giant speaker. Plus it has a trunk - A TRUNK!!

Honda is offering $1k instant rebates and 2.9%/60mo on these - and on top of that they can be found $5k-$6k under MSRP right now if you shop.

IMG_9882.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9888.jpeg
Good choice šŸ‘. The Honda Ridgeline is a well built all-around truck with intuitive and useful features.

I agree, first generation vehicles, especially the first few years, come with many issues (some minor/some major). It comes with the territory. I could honestly say that I love and enjoy my 23 Lariat Hybrid and I can't see myself selling or trading it for anything else, but I won't knock on anyone who trades their Maverick for something else that fits their personal lifestyle and/or needs.

I believe you made the right decision and I hope you acquire an abundance of memorable moments with your new Ridgeline.