Sponsored

Is the Jeep Gladiator a Maverick competitor?

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I "built" a Gladiator on the Jeep site for fun to see what it would cost. Doing fairly bare bones as I did with the Maverick, the Jeep was about $38k. That's $15k more than I paid for my Maverick, but probably only $13k more than if I ordered my Maverick now.

Is the Gladiator considered Maverick's competition? It seems to be about the same price as the Santa Cruz. I always hear people talk about the SC when talking about Maverick's competition but never hear anything about the Gladiator. I think I'd love to have a Gladiator if money was no object. I love the looks of it and would probably enjoy the drive.

Anyone driven a Gladiator? What did you think?
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't consider them true competitors, Both the Maverick and Santa Cruz are unibody "trucks," while the Gladiator is more of a Wrangler based midsize pick up build for real off road driving. You've already noted the large price difference, and I assume the Gladiator can get much more expensive than the Maverick or Santa Cruz once you really start optioning it.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did this comparison the other day too. Got around $39,000 after incentives so it was really a $42k truck. Mine Tremor after incentives is $29,500. So for $10,000 I would have gotten a lil bit bigger bed, a convertible top, more suspension articulation, better towing, and the ability to run 35s. The 2 drawbacks would be fuel costs would go up about $1000 a year and it would be a bit of a pain to fit places.

A decent comparison for sure, but at that price level I would be back in a Black Diamond or Basesquatch Bronco.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nope. That's a much more capable off-road vehicle. The Maverick is an Escape/Focus with a bed.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I "built" a Gladiator on the Jeep site for fun to see what it would cost. Doing fairly bare bones as I did with the Maverick, the Jeep was about $38k. That's $15k more than I paid for my Maverick, but probably only $13k more than if I ordered my Maverick now.

Is the Gladiator considered Maverick's competition? It seems to be about the same price as the Santa Cruz. I always hear people talk about the SC when talking about Maverick's competition but never hear anything about the Gladiator. I think I'd love to have a Gladiator if money was no object. I love the looks of it and would probably enjoy the drive.

I would say it doesn't compete with the maverick based on towing,gas mileage and more importantly price.everone I've looked at is 50-60 grand.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is MPG of the Jeep; likely very poor; Also jeep is owned by Fiat; that is not good. LOL!

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cabin is small and the doors are too narrow on the Gladiator for a fat guy like me!!!

Sponsored

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jeep is part of Stellantis. FIAT is about as important today as Chrysler.
OK; but the jeep brand is not stellar and this jeep truck does not have good reviews; except maybe for off road; LOL.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not really. if you get base gladitor maybe. but id want the diesel gladitor personally so nope not even close maverick price range.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The maverick outclasses the gladiator in looks alone. That gladiator is one horrendous looking whatever it’s supposed to be. Sure if you spend your life off-roading, the gladiator is the best of the two.

reality is that they are nowhere comparable and are intwo different classes.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If more extreme off-roading & image are your priorities, the Jeep is a good choice.

If the 98% of everything else to do with owning a vehicle is your priority; not so much. 🤠
Sponsored