jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do the same when giving measurements on "the tallest building". If it has a antenna at the top they include that into the height.
True; however Buick didn’t do this on the Buick Encore we have. The height is to the roof rather than the antennae on top of the roof. If they had gone with antennae height, the encore would be taller than an F350 on paper!
Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Using the highest point is the safest number. If you drive under a low bridge or low garage and the antennae were to hit and break that would be bad and lead to more complaints and real damage.
No matter what place they pick to find the height someone will wine about it, so they may as well pick the safest number in terms of hitting things.
The length of the new bronco is to the back of the spare tire not the back of the bumper.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav is a wee little trucklet. I love it.

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using the highest point is the safest number. If you drive under a low bridge or low garage and the antennae were to hit and break that would be bad and lead to more complaints and real damage.
No matter what place they pick to find the height someone will wine about it, so they may as well pick the safest number in terms of hitting things.
The length of the new bronco is to the back of the spare tire not the back of the bumper.
Granted, the antennae probably can flex if impacted, which is why others don’t go off of height of roof antennae.

Either way, I ordered the truck based off of specs supplied (i even measured and compared with our suv to get a feel for its size at the time), so I was disappointed when I saw a maverick in person.

lynnebern

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Santa Cruz is speced at 66.7" and Mav is 68.7". What isn't said is if these are measurements to top of cab or include antenna/roof rails.

Differences in that height also depend on additional roof rails and wheel sizes
20210824_132054.jpg
Yep. I saw a chart showing all Ford trucks measured to the roof line. The Maverick in the chart does indeed say 68.7". I ran a level over the top of my FX4 cap and measured the height at about 65". Almost 4" short. I'd suspect that someof that tranlates into ground clearance in places. I'm normally not one to complain, in fact so far the truck has been great. However, the antenna is not included in the chart and honestly, that a bit of a fraud on Fords part. If the antenna were included, that's kinda BS. Anyway, I filed a case number with Ford hoping against hope they address it. BTW, I got 32mpg on the freeway which, so better than it's rated :)

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gentleman....can everyone put the measuring tapes away LOL.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gentleman....can everyone put the measuring tapes away LOL.
Last Word... :p
Using my "Regulation, Company-issued" Stanley 25 foot tape...
"MY" stock Mav (only Option = 2.0L ecoboost engine).
Measures = 66.25 inches in Height.
Highest point of the "Shark fin" adds (+) 2.625 inches
= 68.875 inches. in total.
Meaning it is 6.375 inches taller than my last (2008) Ranger... :cool:

Jerry G.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turns out after all this discussion that the most interesting fact is that the OP is wearing Dr. Martens with Horween vegetable tanned leather.... I wonder which vegetable is used??? 🤔 :)

I will go with Jerry G's Stanley tape measurement!!(y)

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seriously, who cares how tall it is? I'd rather it be lower for garage clearance, washing the top, etc. As long as the ground clearance is as expected and the roominess is as expected, then what does it matter? Lower height also means less frontal area which translates to better fuel efficiency.

My concern is for how accurate the length is. I want this to fit in my garage comfortably!

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I always just assumed Ford lists the height to the antenna because most of the time folks are just looking for the vertical clearance required for the truck.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Granted, the antennae probably can flex if impacted, which is why others don’t go off of height of roof antennae.

Either way, I ordered the truck based off of specs supplied (i even measured and compared with our suv to get a feel for its size at the time), so I was disappointed when I saw a maverick in person.
Well, I can assure you that the shark-fin antenna itself will NOT "flex if impacted"... :eek: Those things are completely rigid, and if one were to drive into a partially-opened garage door (perhaps, for instance, because your kid closed the garage door while your were half-way into the garage), it will dent the hell out of said garage door, but will also pry up the front edge of said shark-fin antenna.

Or so I've been told... :sneaky:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In another thread Interested in wind resistance I went out to measure.

It was indeed shorter than advertised, in my opinion.

I think in mine, the 68.7 inches included the shark fin but NOT the stubby antenna.

WellKnownHermit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E-350 Super Duty Extended
Engine
Undecided
Also depends which brand of measuring tape you use... I came across this picture in a thread where some contractors were building a house and kept having small mistakes. Look carefully... It's not just the end that is different. At one inch it is off by 3/16. At two inches it is off by 1/4. The graduated scale is different.

Ford Maverick Maverick is shorter than posted specs? 1684601823393

Ford Maverick Maverick is shorter than posted specs? 1684602008271

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the specs I’ve seen, the Maverick is 2” taller than the Santa Cruz; however, upon seeing an FX4 in person, it seemed really short. On paper it should be the same height as my wife’s SUV, but I could easily see over the roof, which I cannot do with her SUV.

Today I saw a Santa Cruz, which in person was taller overall in height.
I could not see the roof when flat-footed.

So why does motortrend and google show the Maverick as taller than Santa Cruz when it clearly isn’t?

I am 5’7” and note the photos:

D255BE6C-E354-4C5C-9C68-105506647B99.png

27E41BD9-9206-4612-B06A-9665F49D08C4.png
Sure that Maverick isn't lowered? My eyes go to the top of door & I'm a bit taller than you.
Sponsored