First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am retiring my 2000 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, 7.3L diesel with an 8 foot pickup bed and dual 40 gallon fuel tanks (which weighs in at 9,900 pounds) for a Lariat Maverick. I'll miss the 18,000 pound towing capacity but not the $160 bill to fill EACH fuel tank with diesel. I average 18 miles to the gallon with it. It has served me well over the past twenty-one years and I've hauled everything in it and behind it that you could think of. Even used it to pull stubborn overgrown bushes out of the ground from in front of the house. The other main issue that I have with it is the repair bills. The parts in a super duty truck are just that - super duty - and so is the replacement cost. Even though my mechanic said that I am just breaking it in with 189,000 miles on the odometer, I am getting a good deal towards the cost of the Maverick, which will have a lower cost of ownership.
Sponsored

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also in CA youā€™re either bumper to bumper or foot on throttle to keep up either way is not efficient. But you have to pay to play and they know itā€¦
As your location says California, I'm sure you are aware that the state consists of more than just LA, right?

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I get what you're saying. Here in this forum, we're all for one and one for all. We may not necessarily agree with one another's mods, tire choices or whatever, but damn it...I'm so sick of this politically-correct BS. The fact that Vezpa doesn't feel like he can say what he wants is a frightening testament as to the direction this country is headed.
Come on. Get off it. Do you have anything to say about the Mav or just some veiled political critique? F your and my politics. Just enjoy something among a diverse group for once and try not to taint it with divisive politics. I doubt you and I agree on politics, but who the f cares in a Mav forum? There are a crapton of blogs for you to bitch and complain about the political trajectory of modern society, but letā€™s just talk about trucks here - for the love of god. If you canā€™t do that, youā€™re part of the reason this country is heading in a bad direction.

Iā€™ve really enjoyed this forum, because we can all get along here regardless of politics. We donā€™t need political trolls. Your argument is tired and circular. Oh, let me guess, Iā€™m now trying to oppress your free speechā€¦ blah, blah, blahā€¦ we all know the circularity of this line of argument. Move on.

More importantly, any thoughts about your new or ordered Mav?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Come on. Get off it. Do you have anything to say about the Mav or just some veiled political critique? F your and my politics. Just enjoy something among a diverse group for once and try not to taint it with divisive politics. I doubt you and I agree on politics, but who the f cares in a Mav forum? There are a crapton of blogs for you to bitch and complain about the political trajectory of modern society, but letā€™s just talk about trucks here - for the love of god. If you canā€™t do that, youā€™re part of the reason this country is heading in a bad direction.

Iā€™ve really enjoyed this forum, because we can all get along here regardless of politics. We donā€™t need political trolls. Your argument is tired and circular. Oh, let me guess, Iā€™m now trying to oppress your free speechā€¦ blah, blah, blahā€¦ we all know the circularity of this line of argument. Move on.

More importantly, any thoughts about your new or ordered Mav?
Calm your tits, Junior.

Mav_Not

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion hybrid, 16 Focus, 20 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just in Canada and filled up my Ranger (~ 15 gallons for those Metric-ly challenged).
Ford Maverick Maverick is going to get a lot more popular gas canada

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Maverick is going to get very popular!! I just quite unexpectedly read an article in today's Wall Street Journal and the reviewer was very happy about the truck...especially the price. He called it a millennial truck but he obviously has not seen the mavericktruckclub numbers. Doesn't matter this truck is going to change things.(just hope the hood rattling doesn't turn into the hood coming off like the Honda Ridgeline!!)

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just as a reminder, we are still under the voluntary international agreement for several countries to reduce production, after we ended up with such a massive surplus that all of the world's storage was full, and oil traded negative (you had to pay people to take it from you) for the first time in history.

All that's required to get oil prices down is a willingness from the governments to increase production.

Remember, there are people that for decades want to fear monger about oil prices to drive people to alternative energy which is just as big $$$ as big oil. The whole reason we had movies like Mad Max was based on real fear mongering at the time that we would reach something they called "peak oil" catastrophe by 1971, and then pushed forward and forward, and it was supposed to result in global WW3. Instead fast forward half a century and we quickly learned we have more oil capacity than we can use if we don't artificially restrict output, and global reserves even without technological development is at 250 years at current consumption rate.

Gas in California is only expensive because their government desires it to be. That can change in a single election cycle if the people want it to.
Here here. We went from energy independence, to cancelling the keystone pipeline, and other pipelines, including natural gas pipelines in my state of Pennsylvania. I just received a bill from PECO saying that energy prices are expected to be 30% higher this year!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here here. We went from energy independence, to cancelling the keystone pipeline, and other pipelines, including natural gas pipelines in my state of Pennsylvania. I just received a bill from PECO saying that energy prices are expected to be 30% higher this year!
Texas elec coop currently about 0.10/kh + meter fee $22.50/mo (this will hurt per kWh if you don't use much but if you need elec it's there). Have not calculated capital credits received this year but usually around 8%. Yes costs are going up but coop is installing solar panels, hedging fuel costs, wind turbine contracts, etc. Nevertheless I am considering installing subsistence solar panels with couple power walls (or equivalent) and F150 lightning for extra backup/charging for "just because" & greenhouse (walipini). Unfortunately Texas does not have income taxes BUT does have property taxes. Mine are over 65 frozen at about $5400/year and large greenhouse could add quite a bit unless I can get it Ag exempt(?).

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

leap3535

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many things I want to say that aren't allowed here...

I don't know what your going to say... But I know what your going to say. And I agree šŸ‘ and I'm a 26 yo from NY šŸ˜

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If inflation continues at it's current pace and all signs are that it is not transitory and here to stay for a while, then I would say Ford is very well positioned to sell a ton of these trucks IF they can produce them. I fear many parts of these trucks come from all points of the globe and that could be very problematic for Ford moving ahead. I would have been logistically possible easily a few years ago when Ford planned all this, but now, who knows?

I wish Ford all the best with this truck. I hope they sell a ton of them and eclipse those old Ranger sales records but supply chain woes has me concerned, big time and not just for Ford.

samesk8r

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick ā€œMaverickā€ XLT hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really hope ford gets smart and makes a AWD hybrid. That would sway over people in the north more.
AWD plug-in hybrid (PHEV).
My last car was a Fusion Energi (plug-in hybrid) and it makes a huge difference. Being able to drive the first 20-30 mile on electric only kept me in the 70-90 mpg range most weeks. The Escape and Corsair both have AWD PHEV, so I am guessing it's just a matter of time for Maverick to get it as well.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is going to get a lot more popular
Especially the Hybrid Maverick.

My previous truck was a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab that weighed 4940 lbs and got what was supposed to get 16 MPG in the city. I had opted for the 4L V6 engine and only averaged 14.6 MPG over the 16+ years I owned it. Toward the end of its life I was only getting 12 MPG.

In 2014 I went with a 2015 Honda Fit Ex for the gas mileage numbers and averaged 29.8 MPG over the 7+ years I had it.

As soon as I found out about the Hybrid Maverick I was sold because I can have my cake and eat it too: Having a Truck again and gas mileage well over 40 MPG.
Sponsored

Last edited: