Sponsored

Are you going to jump ship if Subaru presents a new version of Baja in 2023?

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my current Outback I had to spend $3k on a transmission rebuild before 70k miles. Now it is starting to burn oil at 100k and I'm hoping the head gasket doesn't go before my Maverick arrives. It isn't a bad car, I've owned a VW so I have experienced worse, but I don't see myself buying another. They are good in the snow but the brand really doesn't represent good value for what you are getting.
We had the same thing on our outback. Except it burned oil its whole life lol not just from 100k haha
Sponsored

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope , I drove Fords all my life starting out with a 66 Bronco and im not going to switch now . I had a 2000 Sable that was covered with 2 feet of water during Hurricane Sandy .It took me 3 weeks to get it out and it started right up .I put another 30,000 miles on it .

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will have both

SEKSy Maverick Man

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
As a current Subaru owner, it would be a very hard choice for me. I like Maverick because of its perfect size and real truck style, not a toy, not too juvenile. On the other hand, my 2013 Outback has been so reliable and I expect the new Baja will be, too.
Possibly. Current Subaru owner. And have owned multiple Subbies in the past. Will consider it.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Subaru continues to be absorbed into Toyota. They are officially part of the Toyota Motor Group as of late 2020. Their last new model (BRZ) was a rebadged Toyota and so is their next upcoming vehicle (Solterra). If Subaru ever releases another vehicle with a bed, you can bet it will be derived from an an existing Toyota or be co-developed with them. It also seems pretty unlikely that Subaru will ever get their hands on the new Tundra/Tacoma platform. I can see them coming out with a small BEV truck with the Toyota getting base and premium trims and Subaru getting a single trim somewhere in between (same as BZ4X and Solterra). Would I sell or trade a Mav for an affordable electric truck that's similar in size or smaller? 100% yes
The good news would be if they got their hand on a Toyota transmission. Toyota has CVTs with a traditional "launch gear" that solves the biggest problem people have with most CVTs, and its a modern design unlike Subaru's CVT that is practically prehistoric.

Sponsored

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had 2 Subaru's. A crosstrek hybrid, which was ok. The hybrid system was a joke. And we have a Forester Limited. We really like it. But I've been wanting a truck for a long time. Not a SUV that got raped by a pair of tin snips! With these crazy times.

Last edited:

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, My wife has a Subaru Forester and I(we) love that vehicle. If I didn't need a truck, I would have purchase another Forester hands down. The value, tech and reliability you get with Subaru totally outweighs any other vehicle on the road today.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
My next buy..Will be a Hybrid truck something....

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not a chance. All Subis have CVT now and that kills my interest in any vehicle with it.
I dearly love my 2009 Forester and wanted to buy a new one, but I tow a boat (approx 2K lbs. total w/trailer). No CVT for me!

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not likely - unless it has club cab sized suicide doors/jumper seats and doesn’t offer a freakin huge touch screen

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a current Subaru owner, it would be a very hard choice for me. I like Maverick because of its perfect size and real truck style, not a toy, not too juvenile. On the other hand, my 2013 Outback has been so reliable and I expect the new Baja will be, too.
No, don't do cars from Pacific Rim countries.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, don't do cars from Pacific Rim countries.
?

The vast majority of vehicles sold here from Asian manufacturers are designed and made locally. They are the reason why Ford no longer makes sedans in America.

I wouldn't hesitate at purchasing one if it didn't have a CVT like most Subarus.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always liked the look of the Baja...always caught my eye. I'd consider it *in addition* to our Maverick hybrid (which has just been shipped!!). IF they come out with a hybrid AWD or an affordable EV, I'd take a serious look. But at the moment, we have a Hot Pepper Red Maverick hybrid on the way, and my Blazing Red 4-door Mini Cooper only has 65K miles on it. I'll wait a few years, at least.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Subaru backwards is ur' a bus. That's all I've got, except to say before you die, you have to drive a WRX. Awesome vehicle!
Sponsored