First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, they have ballooned to ridiculous sizes, but that has been going on for 30 years. A quick search for compact cars available in the US yields a boatload of crossover SUVs. Even Honda has eliminated the sub-compact hatchback (and I am not sure that VW offers an economical Golf). But as the article states, if gas prices stay where they are (we are at $5.20 a gallon in Northern California), that pendulum is going to swing pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Nighowl2000

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, they have ballooned to ridiculous sizes, but that has been going on for 30 years. A quick search for compact cars available in the US yields a boatload of crossover SUVs. Even Honda has eliminated the sub-compact hatchback (and I am not sure that VW offers an economical Golf). But as the article states, if gas prices stay where they are (we are at $5.20 a gallon in Northern California), that pendulum is going to swing pretty quickly.
Really hope ford gets smart and makes a AWD hybrid. That would sway over people in the north more.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really hope ford gets smart and makes a AWD hybrid. That would sway over people in the north more.
I’m taking a leap in SK going to a Hybrid and FWD only, but owned many cars before that were FWD and managed to get around….the bigger leap is going from a F-150 3.5 4WD to this in size….in 10 years I have only pulled a trailer twice, both times at the GVMR weight or over….at my age I don’t see moving again…..well with a full household anyway

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So many things I want to say that aren't allowed here...

Sponsored

ZachSD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should really get your boots shaking are the calls for $200-$300 oil over the next few years. Being is California is rough right now, I couldn't imagine owning a large truck if that forecast comes to fruition.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Please don't be that politically correct person. Say what's on your mind.
I am 1,000,000 percent with you and probably agree with your politics. That said, if someone injects opposite politics into this forum, I would be pissed. So I like that I can come here, we all get along , centered on 1 common item and there is/are no politic(s) to divide us.

Edited because my grammar (grammer) is atrocious.

Last edited:

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 1,000,000 percent with you and probably agree with your politics. That said, if someone injects opposite politics into this forum, I would be pissed. So I like that I can come here, we all get along , centered on 1 common item and there is no politics to divide us.
I get what you're saying. Here in this forum, we're all for one and one for all. We may not necessarily agree with one another's mods, tire choices or whatever, but damn it...I'm so sick of this politically-correct BS. The fact that Vezpa doesn't feel like he can say what he wants is a frightening testament as to the direction this country is headed.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
The Maverick was made for that guy in the article. He is looking at a Prius? He obviously has never heard of the Maverick. It amazes me that Ford has done no advertising and is selling out, well at least the hybrid.
When production gets ramped up there is no stopping this hauling miser.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
BEV, just waiting for them batteries... I just put $90 of fuel in my work van this morning. My electric bill last month was $96 total and I put many more miles on my Mustang.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

76Courier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am 1,000,000 percent with you and probably agree with your politics. That said, if someone injects opposite politics into this forum, I would be pissed. So I like that I can come here, we all get along , centered on 1 common item and there is no politics to divide us.
You win post of the day. Very well put.
Sponsored