First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how many of you are getting constantly flashed when on low beams? Do I need to get these adjusted or is it just the way it is?
do you have a cap on your bed or something heavy in it? that will tilt beams up a bit
Sponsored

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah they are bright! I love the vision but have been flashed a few times (I'm pulling a trailer a lot). And I think the auto-high beam feature may be my favorite electronic gizmo on the truck! (Which isn't a lot with the XL, but still...)

ED302V8

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1948 Ford and others
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never. Overall disappointed in the headlights as the cutoff is so low. On rolling terrain back roads I often have visibility drastically reduced as the low cutoff means lighting does not show the uphill side of a dip in the road. I need to raise the headlight aim. Lights on our Outback are much better.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But impact of high beams on oncoming traffic is a non-issue, since they shouldn't be turned on to begin with.
Agree but there are blind turns where you don't see the other car, divided highway's and those times we forget they are on. My other cars brights are equal to the Mavericks low beams and I'll go to turn them off inadvertently flashing the brights

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how many of you are getting constantly flashed when on low beams? Do I need to get these adjusted or is it just the way it is?
Define "constantly flashed"...... but it sounds like you should check/adjust your headlight alignment.

The Mav lights are just average at best for modern automotive LED reflectors, so you shouldn't be getting flashed much at all, pending conditions such as hills, payload, etc...

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have gotten flashed a few times with the lights still on low. They ARE bright, and enough so that I see no value in needing or wanting fog lights, even though the bumper design suggests it might have been an (abandoned) option. I normally love fog lights, including adding them aftermarket on many vehicles. As I get older, I appreciate the better lighting, even if risking getting flashed once and a while. But the Mav lighting is awesome as-is.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So after reading through a lot of comments, I have 1 main thought and 1 side note.

I feel that "how good are the lights?" Is a subjective thought. No creature that uses the visible spectrum sees the world the same way as any other. My sister for example has a degenerative condition with the cones in her eyes where she can see less and less at night as the years go by. I as a redhead generally shy away from the sun, during the day I squint a lot as it's all just plain intense. At night I will turn in ambient lighting but do not prefer bright lights at night at home, and even before bed any light more than the TV is unnecessarily bright. Some people can't walk outdoors (I live in a tropical forest) without a light and some people only need light on cloudy moonless nights.

Given that I think that most of this boils down to people individual vision, remember when the Mavericks first came out and all the early buyers did all the reviews about having to switch to this or that light bulbs and add such and such. They talked like it was mandatory, I assumed that since the Maverick was so cheap, it must have had the absolute worst lights in the industry. When I got ours finally I was relieved. I mean our maiden trip included a 14 hours straight border run on 2 lane back roads along the Texas border leaving McAllen around 5pm and arriving at Carlsbad caverns sometime late the next morning. I took 2 one hour breaks along the way but since it was well over 100 degrees out it was too hot to sleep. The lights on the Maverick were plenty bright so much so I didn't get to use the high beams most of the time with all the truckers and border patrol on the road.

Basically if you ard the type of person who has spent money on a headlamp for getting around outside after dark then you probably think the Mavs light are adequate at best. But if you get by solely on the light of your phone or the occasional flick of a lighter then you will be plenty please with the factory lights.

My other side thought is that the auto high beams are not that great overall. They do not work well where I live. I think they get too much reflection from road signs, guard rails, and lane markers. Even once I turn off the highway and get on our 1 mile winding narrow cut jungle road they barely come on with all the reflections coming back from the trees and plants. On a highway they work well enough though.

Bruce W

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Latiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me too. I think when your tires go over a dip or bump in the road your head light angle changes just enough that oncoming traffic thinks you are flashing you high beams at them. I notice this in oncoming traffic when they bright headlights. Last week we bought a couch out of town. It was almost painful to think how the bright low beams were probably shining into others eyes. We met one lifted pickup with lots of add on lights. First 2 big ones in the grill came on, then a set under the bumper. Then, just as were were passing each other he lit up a huge LED bar on his roof. It must have been a million candlepower! All I could do was grin and bear it. There are adjustments under the hood on the headlight assemblies to change the beam angle. I may try a small lowering and see what happens.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have never been flashed, but I love how bright the headlights are.
I added DRL/Turn signal light strips to my grill bar too (still no protest flashing)

20231028_152022_resized_1.jpg
Any after dark photos? Link to kit? Looks great in the sun!

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LED bulbs are just bright. I have driven vehicles with brighter headlights than the Maverick.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the real pisser is the guy with his high beams on AND THE FOG LIGHTS(always a truck)

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any after dark photos? Link to kit? Looks great in the sun!
Sorry for the late reply: I purchased these lights from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1YC3F5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I used this video to guide my install. (I used a single ground wire for both lights mounted to a bolt near the Horns) All other connections were the wires in the video and work perfect.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/grill-accent-lights-and-drls.39048/#post-699246

Sorry that the video I took was too large and would not down load on this forum, but they are the same as the lights in the video above. One suggestion I wish I did, is to use silicone to seal up the turn signal lights where the wires come out of the back (before installing). Apparently they fail if too much moisture gets in there (according to some reviews).

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

13 months with the truck and had not had anyone flash their brights at me until this week and it's happened 2x???????

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I often get flashed but I have it is usually when I am rolling up slight elevations when approaching an oncoming vehicle. The gradual rise in the road as I move up on the rise appears to lift the front of the vehicle up enough to lift the low beam into the eyes of the oncoming driver.
Sponsored