2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It feels like everyone is saying the same thing. The Mav is a fucking incredible vehicle that can make most people happy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mavmav

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
mavmav

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How bad are XL stock tires on the snow/ice? anyone has real snow/ice experience ?

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chains work well. i have not try it yet on maverick.
I never bothered with them when I was on the east coast, but chains are required equipment on the mountain. If you get stuck and don't have chains they can fine you :). Generally, I never used them for snow but on ice I found them to be very useful. A pain to put on and off on the Prius because there is no clearance in the wheel well. Should be a lot easier on a Maverick I should think.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plug in $6 gas and see what your numbers show. I think a lot of people made the buying decision when gas was a lot higher than it is now. Will it go back up? No idea, I hope not.

I bought the hybrid because of the gas mileage. If it came in AWD I would have got that but for me AWD is not all that important. I've driven FWD vehicles in snow and ice my whole life and with good snow tires I don't really get the need for AWD. It's nice but not needed.

Curious if you are running the stock all season tires or snow tires?
As much trouble as it is getting a regular hybrid, how long do you think the wait would have been for an AWD?

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How bad are XL stock tires on the snow/ice? anyone has real snow/ice experience ?
I don't have experience with the stock Maverick tires, but in general all season tires are terrible in ice / snow. Night and day. I've driven in snow / ice most of my life and knowing how to drive in the snow is the most important thing, good snow tires is the second.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried really hard to justify ordering a hybrid over the Ecoboost. I rarely need 4wd from April-early October. Figured gas savings for 6 months would be nice but in the end, I'd be using my full size all winter at 12 mpg so it didn't really pencil out. Doubling my miles per gallon all year is better than higher in summer and wearing out a more expensive rig to replace all winter. In the end, Ecoboost AWD will be a much bigger $ savings.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As much trouble as it is getting a regular hybrid, how long do you think the wait would have been for an AWD?
Probably the same as on an Escape. But since they don't make one it doesn't really matter. Maybe in '25 or '26 on the refresh. Plug in hybrid, AWD. Sign me up.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a hybrid for about two month. Great small pickup car. I used to love it by the time i stock in snow driving uphill. Than, i felt embarrassed and powerful, my maverick Hybrid love start to fade.
You expected to get up a snow/ice covered hill on the stock all season tires? Yikes. Not even AWD is going to save you with the stock Continentals.

Sponsored

Tx_actual

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
probably, and the more highway miles, the hybrid gets into the low 30s, it's in their nature.

Car and Driver https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39539233/ford-maverick-hybrid-fuel-economy-tested/
"On our 75-mph highway fuel-economy test route, the truck managed 30 mpg. While driving around town we regularly saw 40 mpg or over, according to the Maverick's onboard computer. The all-wheel drive nonhybrid Maverick we tested in late 2021, which was powered by the optional turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four, came close to the hybrid in our highway fuel-economy test by hitting 29 mpg."

I rarely drive in town, need AWD so the hybrid never got a second thought.
I’ve had mine since last spring. Averaging 50.1 mpg at 10k miles. 60/40 hwy/city daily commute. Lowest mpg I ever got was 39 on a 500 mile hwy road trip.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about insurance costs? Ive talked with a few hybrid owners that all told me the savings in gas were lost in higher insurance rates.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about insurance costs? Ive talked with a few hybrid owners that all told me the savings in gas were lost in higher insurance rates.
why is the insurance higher, never heard that? I would strongly consider a hybrid with a bigger electric motor/battery and awd to match the ecoboost, but as it is configured today with fwd only I wouldnt really consider owning one.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My insurance premium didn’t increase
Sponsored