First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang, Honda Type R, Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like my hybrid because I get over 600 miles per tank of gas. Perhaps the Turbo would be more reliable but only time will tell. A few of my friends have the hybrid Toyota Prius and one friend had the Ford Escape hybrid. My friends all have more than 200,000 miles and the power trains are still solid. I hope that will me true for my Maverick Hybrid.
Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12-26-2022 Ocala Florida regular gas is around 2.69 to 2.89.
Now that in itself is a late Christmas gift. We are paying double here on the west coast.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang, really??? Fuel mileage? You should all drive what I drive… a 32’ class C motor home, E450 chassis, v-10 triton. On a good day, 9 mpg. But the real reason we want the hybrid is because it is flat towable behind the motor home where the EB can not be. It has to be on a tow dolly or a trailer… in the mean while while we wait on it, we are driving and towing our 2007 Honda CRV.
I was surprised by what you wrote about flat-towing a hybrid Mav. That is because convential wisdom is most vehicles with CVT cannot be flat-towed. But you are CORRECT, Mav owner's manual pg 287 says to switch "neutral tow" on in "settings". There is an important note on pg 288. I guess it pays to read the manual!

m5040

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cummins Dodge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Steel wheels with studded snow tires almost as good as chains and the vehicle will be equivalent to AWD with summer tires.
It will be too late to buy a hybrid once gas exceeds $6-$10 gallon (what is price in Europe?) OR if rationing starts.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you drive mostly city miles, if so, I believe the ecoboost numbers are lower than 32?
My EB numbers are now running 28-29 city (about 85% of my driving) and anywhere from 30-39mpg on the highway, but typically about 33mpg. I think the 39mpg was a one-off and probably had a tail-wind, and was only driving 55mph on back country roads.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Upstate SC gas is $2.44 a gallon and my hybrid might see the gas station once a month now that I'm retired :)

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One out of every two people you meet has below average intelligence.

It's funny how buyers decide what to buy. Convertibles only get bought in the summer, as if winter will never come. Hybrid only get bought when gas is expensive, as if it will never go back down, and V8s only get bought when gas is cheap, as if it will never go back up.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you drive mostly city miles, if so, I believe the ecoboost numbers are lower than 32?
My wife got 18 MPG in her 2.0 Escape 90% city, so I'd say way lower. Main reason I ordered the Hybrid. my driving is 90%+ city stop and go. the 2.0 would be very thirsty in comparison.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the average fuel economy was 37mpg for the hybrid and 26mpg for the EB. Those are the numbers you should be comparing IMO.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang, really??? Fuel mileage? You should all drive what I drive… a 32’ class C motor home, E450 chassis, v-10 triton. On a good day, 9 mpg. But the real reason we want the hybrid is because it is flat towable behind the motor home where the EB can not be. It has to be on a tow dolly or a trailer… in the mean while while we wait on it, we are driving and towing our 2007 Honda CRV.
You can flat tow an ecoboost Maverick. It has the manual release for it.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a hybrid for about two month. Great small pickup car. I used to love it by the time i stock in snow driving uphill. Than, i felt embarrassed and powerful, my maverick Hybrid love start to fade. (something like this - you got the drama. 😥 )
Next, I got home and asked myself. Why I got 2WD ? I always had AWD or 4x4. my answer was simple. I wanted to save money. I wanted a car under 20k that takes 42 mpg. I WAS WRONG.
I should have put those numbers in excel before i purchase hybrid. i could pay 5k more and get ecoboost 4x4 option and spend extra
$2,604 in fuel per 100k.
I assumed cost per gallon in $3.50. Driving hybrid 100k miles will cost $8,333 on EB 100k $10,937. Depending how and where you drive what are your calculations? Why would you choose EB vs Hybrid or Hybrid vs EB? Thank you!

1671666879926.png
😥
If you really wanted something under 20K that gets 42 MPG, you should have bought something like a KIA Forte. Depending how you use the truck saves you money you'd otherwise have to pay elsewhere. If you can do that only with an ecoboost and not a hybrid then the gas savings potentially is wash vs. the savings on the expenses you'd otherwise pay doing said uses.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get why some want the AWD. Lot of security with that even on wet roads. But growing up in the West Virginia mountains, I know a front wheel drive with PROPER snow/ice tires will go anywhere you really need to go as long as the snow isn't a fresh 18" where you are breaking the trail. In fact I preferred a properly equipped front wheel drive over the 4x4 pickups I always kept around on icy roads. Modern AWD is better in even this situation. I have an AWD vehicle in the garage now for my wife. And I own a Jeep Rubicon. But I will replace the Jeep with the Maverick. Live in Houston now, deep snow never an issue. But I know I can travel in snow with the Maverick and not worry. Going up north? Just buy a set of Bronco Sport takeoff wheels and tires and head out!
I have owned a Hybrid C max and loved it. Less maintenance, less fuel used, especially love how the AC works without engine running.
If Ford was offering the AWD Hybrid.....I probably would go that route. Simply because of how much better they handle torrential rainstorms and they handle better on dry roads. Probably 1-2 mpg less overall.
Yup, very much agree. The excuse for AWD is "So I can make it to work when it snows." I do well in all but the very worst days. Which is two or 3 days a year and, while difficult, I still make it in. For what I save I could afford to take all those days off.
There are some Bronco wheels I want, for snows, just have to find them.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Me living in WA state -- wait, you guys have gas at less than $4 a gallon? I think i just filled up at $4.27 and thought damn gas has gone down.
Just paid $2.61 in Illinois.
Sponsored