Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just installed these on the vertical wall of the bed

PXL_20220516_003612572.jpg
Looks great. Do you mind posting a link to which set of lights you bought?

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The link below. Cut them to fit (and caulked the cut end). Then tapped into the bed lights with posi-taps, so they come on and off with the factory lights and key fob

Never knew something like Posi-Tap existed.... Tapping into the standard bed light is a great idea.

Last edited:

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
General question: for those who have two LED strips, one on each side above the sliding tiedown rail, how are you connecting them across from each other?

Do you fish a line hidden in the bed somewhere over to the driver side?

Or is it most simple to just run a cable across the upper front of the bed (under the window area) using adhesive somehow?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
General question: for those who have two LED strips, one on each side above the sliding tiedown rail, how are you connecting them across from each other?

Do you fish a line hidden in the bed somewhere over to the driver side?

Or is it most simple to just run a cable across the upper front of the bed (under the window area) using adhesive somehow?
There's a small cut out in the bed beneath the rail and above each storage cubby. It's just large enough to fish the line down and then under. You'll have to remove the tail lights

Deleted member 9167

There's a small cut out in the bed beneath the rail and above each storage cubby. It's just large enough to fish the line down and then under. You'll have to remove the tail lights
This is a nice video, thanks for posting. I removed the cubbies instead of the tail lights, but same idea. I also used zip ties with push-in plastic "trees" that fit in the pre-drilled holes in the bed for extra security. I didn't trust the double face tape to stick on my bed liner.

Ford Maverick LED light strips for Bed - Orientation PXL_20220103_222022235

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a nice video, thanks for posting. I removed the cubbies instead of the tail lights, but same idea. I also used zip ties with push-in plastic "trees" that fit in the pre-drilled holes in the bed for extra security. I didn't trust the double face tape to stick on my bed liner.

PXL_20220103_222022235.jpg
I did the same. I didn't even bother using the double sides tape.

Rexka 30pcs Auto Car Push Mount Strap Cable Tie Compatible with Imports 200mm Length Toyota Honda Nissan Mazda Subaru Hyundai Kia
For the switch, this is what I used.

SUNJOYCO 4 in 1 Dual USB Socket Charger 2.1A & 2.1A + LED Voltmeter + 12V Power Outlet+ ON-Off Toggle Switch, Multifunction Panel for Car Boat Marine RV Truck Camper Vehicles GPS Mobiles (Blue)
Ford Maverick LED light strips for Bed - Orientation 20220403_195827

Sponsored
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a closeup of where I mounted my LED strips - identical placement on the other side

PXL_20220516_235813465.MP.jpg

PXL_20220516_003612572.jpg
Looks absolutely perfect

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think that's what I'll end up doing with the zip ties too. Great job btw. Happy trucking!

SEA_Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Were you able to find the zip ties with the push-in trees for the larger holes on each side? I was able to find some for the smaller holes but the larger ones are like 1/2" and my push-in style ones are only made for 1/4" hole sizes. Currently both ends of my lights aren't completely flat against the wall due to not having found a solution for the 4 larger holes. Any tips are much appreciated & your install looks great!

vcpayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed a couple of installations in this thread with spray-in bedliner. Any issue with double stick tape adhering well the the bedliner?

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed a couple of installations in this thread with spray-in bedliner. Any issue with double stick tape adhering well the the bedliner?
No issues at all.
Sponsored