First Name
Gonzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Purchased the 2-strip LED Bar Lighting kit from eBay for $20 and came with an on/off switch, I also purchased a magnet switch for $10 to connect with the LED Strip lighting so the lighting would turn on/off when I opened or closed the tailgate. if I leave the tailgate open the existing switch that came with the Lighting strip can also control the on/off mode. I tied into the existing 12volt power on the driver side of the bed that comes with the Lariat package.

2pc LED Bar Truck Bed Cargo Work Lighting Kit Strips 12V Light Decor for SUV Van https://www.ebay.com/itm/265422712226

Directed Electronics 8600 DEI Micro Magnetic Switch with Pre-Applied Adhesive https://www.ebay.com/itm/275368388752

The demo video attached shows the lighting controlled by the tailgate opening and closing or the main switch

Sponsored

omgxwtf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Falcon, Nissan Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Purchased the 2-strip LED Bar Lighting kit from eBay for $20 and came with an on/off switch, I also purchased a magnet switch for $10 to connect with the LED Strip lighting so the lighting would turn on/off when I opened or closed the tailgate. if I leave the tailgate open the existing switch that came with the Lighting strip can also control the on/off mode. I tied into the existing 12volt power on the driver side of the bed that comes with the Lariat package.

2pc LED Bar Truck Bed Cargo Work Lighting Kit Strips 12V Light Decor for SUV Van https://www.ebay.com/itm/265422712226

Directed Electronics 8600 DEI Micro Magnetic Switch with Pre-Applied Adhesive https://www.ebay.com/itm/275368388752

The demo video attached shows the lighting controlled by the tailgate opening and closing or the main switch

Looks good! Was the install pretty straight forward?

pauliepaul

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be 23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Gonzo_042

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gonzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have attached my handwritten diagram of how I ran the wiring.
You have to use either of the 12-volt power available in the rear of the bed.
one located on the right or the left side of the bed.

**Make sure you have the connecting adaptor harness that comes with the Maverick.
My harness was in the glove box when I purchased the Maverick.

Photo attached of the 12-volt harness adaptor.
Ford Maverick LED lighting strips added to the Maverick Lariat Bed, with on/off and magnet switch 1679926972128

Option A - LED Light Strip with built-in on/off Switch & 12-volt power
Now connect the RED and Black wires from the end of the adaptor to the LED light strip. RED to RED Black to Black. The LED Light Strip comes with an on/off switch. easy set-up just needs to buy the connectors to hold them together.

OPTION B -LED Light Strip with Dual on/off Switches & 12-volt power
Follow the handwritten paper for my diagram on adding an additional magnet switch that will also turn the lighting on/off by opening and closing the tailgate. If you leave the tailgate open you can use the push button switch that comes with the Light strip.

Ford Maverick LED lighting strips added to the Maverick Lariat Bed, with on/off and magnet switch 95083-8fd0e16cb137e656e26850f6b1577edf
Ford Maverick LED lighting strips added to the Maverick Lariat Bed, with on/off and magnet switch 1679928683363

Note: I have not tested it but the 12-volt power will time out after a certain length of time.
once the power times out you will need to turn the Maverick on auxiliary mode or restart the Maverick to regain power for the lights after it times out

I hope this is clear and helpful.

Ford Maverick LED lighting strips added to the Maverick Lariat Bed, with on/off and magnet switch 20230211_170147

omgxwtf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Falcon, Nissan Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

**Make sure you have the connecting adaptor harness that comes with the Maverick.

1679926972128.png

Now connect the RED and Black wires from the end of the adaptor to the LED light strip. RED to RED Black to Black. The LED Light Strip comes with an on/off switch. easy set-up just needs to buy the connectors to hold them together.

Follow the handwritten paper for my diagram on adding an additional magnet switch that will also turn the lighting on/off by opening and closing the tailgate. If you leave the tailgate open you can use the push button switch that comes with the Light strip.

95083-8fd0e16cb137e656e26850f6b1577edf.jpg
1679928683363.png

Note: I have not tested it but the 12-volt power will time out after a certain length of time.
once the power times out you will need to turn the Maverick on auxiliary mode or restart the Maverick to regain power for the lights after it times out

20230211_170147.jpg
I ordered the same set up and plan to try and give it a go. I will keep ya posted! Thanks for the instructions.

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1679926972128.png

95083-8fd0e16cb137e656e26850f6b1577edf.jpg
1679928683363.png

20230211_170147.jpg
Ha Ha! Thats a great schematic. Looks exactly the way I would draw it!
Sponsored