Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe I misunderstood OP's issue, but it sounded to me like his vehicle was keeping the same speed as the vehicle in the other lane, that he is trying to pass, AFTER he had already moved over to make the pass.
But that's NOT how it works, either. I can't speak for the Taco he drove, but the 6-7 other ACC-equipped vehicles I've driven (including my Maverick) do NOT match speed with the vehicle in the lane beside you - only the one directly ahead of you.
Sponsored

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you prefer it to maintain the programmed speed and force you to slam on the brakes? If so, you can easily disable the "advanced" features to turn ACC back into "regular" CC with settings menu through the steering wheel controls.

I haven't had any issues with the ACC "fighting me" to do something I didn't want it to do. But I suppose if one were unaware that you're coming up behind slower traffic, yes - it will slow to match that slower traffic. That's kind of the whole point of the "active" part of the safety feature: to avoid rear-end collisions because people are unaware of slower traffic ahead of them.

I find the ACC in the Maverick to be pretty intuitive in those "passing" situations. As soon as you activate the turn signal, it begins accelerating slightly to assist in the passing manouver. Once you're in the passing lane, it speeds up to either the programmed speed, or (if there are vehicles ahead of you in that lane) to match the speed of the vehicles in that lane if they are going slower than the programmed speed.

And if you don't think it's accelerating aggressively enough, you can press the accelerator to speed up that process, or even to briefly exceed the programmed speed for the passing maneuver if you choose. Once you let off the gas pedal, it will return you to the programmed speed (traffic dependent, of course).

What other behavior would you possibly want to see?
I think I'd like the behavior you have described. The Toyota does NOT behave that way. It's a short-term rental so I've not learned how to customize or disable the system. The basic control choices allow you to adjust the sensitivity when the cc is on, but that's the only adaptive cc control I've found.

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But that's NOT how it works, either. I can't speak for the Taco he drove, but the 6-7 other ACC-equipped vehicles I've driven (including my Maverick) do NOT match speed with the vehicle in the lane beside you - only the one directly ahead of you.
The rental Tacoma's adaptive cc is horrible. It DOES match the speed of the big truck in the right lane that's going much slower than the limit even if I've changed into the passing lanes, with signal, several hundred yards early. Maybe it's maladjusted? And on the windy, hilly 4-lanes in Northern Arizona, the Tacoma can slow from 65-70 to 45 or less uphill in a heartbeat when the adaptive cc drops the speed back. Then the V-6 struggles to get back up to highway speed on the steep uphill segment while the traffic behind you is closing FAST. I quickly learned to just turn the cc off completely on hilly 4-lane segments. And, as background, I've been driving legally since 1964 (probably over 1,000,000 miles), have driven professionally, and on three continents, and have NEVER had a reportable accident.

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard to compare not having driven the other trims. I absolutley adore my Lariat. Heated seats are awesome in our "cold" (50F) weather. The seats are very comfy and the sound system sounds better than any car I've owned. I'm very glad I got the Lariat.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The rental Tacoma's adaptive cc is horrible. It DOES match the speed of the big truck in the right lane that's going much slower than the limit even if I've changed into the passing lanes, with signal, several hundred yards early. Maybe it's maladjusted?
Sounds like it's definitely adjusted wrong, which can happen if the windshield gets replaced and the sensors are not re-aligned...

And, as background, I've been driving legally since 1964 (probably over 1,000,000 miles), have driven professionally, and on three continents, and have NEVER had a reportable accident.
Congratulations. I'm somewhere upwards of 2.5 million miles. Been in a few accidents, but none were I was at fault. Knock on wood!

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rental Tacoma's adaptive cc is horrible. It DOES match the speed of the big truck in the right lane that's going much slower than the limit even if I've changed into the passing lanes, with signal, several hundred yards early. Maybe it's maladjusted? And on the windy, hilly 4-lanes in Northern Arizona, the Tacoma can slow from 65-70 to 45 or less uphill in a heartbeat when the adaptive cc drops the speed back. Then the V-6 struggles to get back up to highway speed on the steep uphill segment while the traffic behind you is closing FAST. I quickly learned to just turn the cc off completely on hilly 4-lane segments. And, as background, I've been driving legally since 1964 (probably over 1,000,000 miles), have driven professionally, and on three continents, and have NEVER had a reportable accident.
My Dad has a Toyota Avalon hybrid and tells me he hates the Adaptive Cruise. I can see why if it's like this.

I LOVE the ACC on my Maverick.

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Dad has a Toyota Avalon hybrid and tells me he hates the Adaptive Cruise. I can see why if it's like this.

I LOVE the ACC on my Maverick.
ACC on the Maverick is amazing. My wife has a fully loaded Telluride and that ACC is pretty solid, but the Maverick just seems a lot more smooth, responsive, and just overall better. Very happy with it

Reactions: bgn

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What makes it worth it?

And...do you like the softex seats?

For me, seat comfort is the number one concern, then mpg, then payload.
Simple answer, yes. Visually the faux leather seats are very pretty. From a practical point of view I probably would have chosen cloth if I could have gotten them because I live in the desert. Otherwise the seats are very comfortable. Had there been a cool seat option and a seat that was more adjustable I would have gone for that. All the safety tech you can get on the Lariat plus the upgraded sound system makes it worth a few extra thousand dollars for me. All that said, a loaded XLT seems to be the sweet spot as to bang for buck going by the opinion of automotive "experts".
To put it into perspective, we like our 2022 Hybrid Lariat so much we turned around and ordered a 2023.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....exactly, thus his complaint! 🤪

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lol....exactly, thus his complaint! 🤪
It would be ridiculous for me to make a post on MTC stating that I don't want a Maverick because I can't stand the way center screens have poor resolution, low contrast, and glare problems, based solely on the center screen in my 2012 Toyota Prius-C – which did indeed have all those characteristics. That reasoning would be considered irrational...

His stated rationale for NOT wanting a Maverick Lariat is that his rental Taco's ACC has issues which simply do not exist in the Maverick ACC. (And which probably don't actually exist in the Taco's ACC if the sensors are properly calibrated and adjusted.)

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would be ridiculous for me to make a post on MTC stating that I don't want a Maverick because I can't stand the way center screens have poor resolution, low contrast, and glare problems, based solely on the center screen in my 2012 Toyota Prius-C – which did indeed have all those characteristics. That reasoning would be considered irrational...

His stated rationale for NOT wanting a Maverick Lariat is that his rental Taco's ACC has issues which simply do not exist in the Maverick ACC. (And which probably don't actually exist in the Taco's ACC if the sensors are properly calibrated and adjusted.)
The subject is not whether the OP's complaint is ridiculous, irrational, or anything else, it's just *WHY* he made the complaint.

It was already pointed out the Maverick does not operate this way.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What makes it worth it?

Extremely quiet which is partly due to the extra sound deadening in the windshield.

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What makes it worth it?

I love my extras!!! Though,,, For the extra money I wish the passenger seat was power, maybe power folding mirrors, and auto dimming mirrors even my stripped down F-250 has that... 2 months ownership today,,, enjoy!!!

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Caravan….last ditch vehicle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my first post on Maverick Truck Club. I’d wanted to wait till I had something good to write about.

I just changed my order from XLT hybrid to lariat Eco Boost AWD. I was surprised my dealer was able to make the change. Kuddos to Craig Rupp Anderson Ford South! Lincoln NE

The change puts my order date back to 01.11.2023, but as I kept learning about the Lariat it became clear to me, that Lariat is the truck for me. Even so, I’m thinking it should be built in 2023. Plans are that this is the last vehicle I’ll need to buy….hopin to get 20+ years out of it. My criteria is comfort, hauling stuff and affordability.

I stayed away from constrained equipment. Here’s my order: Lariat eco boost AWD Lux pkg., Alto blue metallic, moon roof, Ford discount cargo mgmt with SPBL, full size spare, Co-Pilot 360 assist, 4K Tow pkg..

Instead of being negative about the wait, which I just increased! (it’s easier to be mad, but it takes all my energy!), I’ve been using the time to plan a classy interior and exterior with aftermarket accessories to make my Maverick my own.

And it gives me time to get my garage cleaned out, and BEST of all, we’ll get to tow our 19 ft Scamp to some smokin campsite’s (no pun intended) in the upper Midwest.

I’m looking for a grill protector if there’s any new information out there.

I’ll be adding a cold air intake to improve my mileage and increase my horsepower and am looking for a premium aftermarket exhaust system. Any suggestions? I live in Nebraska, but spend a lot of time in Minnesota….

Reactions: bgn

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the extra money I wish was maybe and auto dimming mirrors even my stripped down F-250 has that...
Think of the rear-view mirror as a "Classic 70's Retro-Styled Mirror" and then you can brag how Ford focused on delivering classic truck features...great job Ford!
Ford Maverick Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$? 1673621658422
Sponsored