Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

MaverickHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question from an XL owner that never tried the Lariat seats. Is the adjustable lumbar support that makes a huge difference in sitting comfort?

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat Lux all packages but First Edition and added a moonroof. Yes worth it, fully loaded out the door with 4% under invoice was $35,600 for me.

As far as seats go, most comfortable Iā€™ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What makes it worth it?

And...do you like the softex seats?

For me, seat comfort is the number one concern, then mpg, then payload.
I have written in a similar manner prior, these were my reasons for my selection: 1. First Edition, (Lariat Lux package included) I like as many "bells and whistles" as practical - these fit for me. AWD w 4K tow, I wanted the option to explore RV small trailer rental - potentially purchasing a small trailer and traveling the USA. Also, if things turn out as well as the REVIEWS are preaching - I am hopeful that this 1st Edition will be a collector item for my sons or grandsons to value when the sell it off. BTW I have 2 of the same in Rapid Red ordered... I am buying both, using one more than the other... I can't wait to read all of the opinions...

Sponsored

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was worth it to me. The seats are great and the heated steering wheel is sublime. I do find the seats can make me sweaty if I'm too warm as they don't breathe at all. The auto climate control is nuts though anything above 70 is like the center of the sun. I keep meaning to grab an IR thermometer and use it to see just what the temp is when it's set to 70 because it feels closer to 78-80.

1st E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I wanted adaptive cruise as well but couldnā€™t justify all the extra cost just to get that. Too bad it isnā€™t an option on the XLT. I wouldā€™ve optioned it.
I am glad to have it as I just bought standing inventory on a ford dealer lot. On my way home I was thinking where has this been all my life. Now I canā€™t get enough of it and drive my pick up every chance I get.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
I feel the same way as most everyone else. I've had it for a few weeks and my wife and I both love it. It's just fun to drive. Also, I would rather have an optioned-out Lariat than a more base level larger truck. I've played with all the options and I think they're worth it. I would do all of it again. My favorite option? Probably the automatic lane centering and adaptive cruise. Gets very close to self driving.

Sponsored

vegaslife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Didn't feel like leaving out any features that I was interested in. Worked too hard to settle for less at this point in life. I know an XL or XLT would be fine but why not get what you want?

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was worth it to me. The seats are great and the heated steering wheel is sublime. I do find the seats can make me sweaty if I'm too warm as they don't breathe at all. The auto climate control is nuts though anything above 70 is like the center of the sun. I keep meaning to grab an IR thermometer and use it to see just what the temp is when it's set to 70 because it feels closer to 78-80.
Vent the sunroof, and crack the sliding rear window.

Literally drove home from the mountains on the highway like that on Saturday. Dash said air temp was around 10 degrees the whole time lol.

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Vent the sunroof, and crack the sliding rear window.

Literally drove home from the mountains on the highway like that on Saturday. Dash said air temp was around 10 degrees the whole time lol.
Yeeeah I have the cap so it doesn't move as much air as you might think. I do vent the roof frequently though and it does help.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I originally ordered an XLT Lux, but I wanted the Active X seats so I switched to the Lariat. I didn't like how much the price went up going from XLT Lux to Lariat Lux, so decided not to get the Lux package. Everybody likes adaptive cruise, but I haven't had a car with it yet so I don't know what I'm missing. :sneaky: