Sponsored

Koons Woodbridge Ford 4% below invoice on Forum Orders. Woodbridge VA.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
And what's stopping one from financing with Ford, then immediately refinancing wherever they like? Seems like a simple way around that if true. Regardless, Ford has some pretty reasonable rates right now unless you don't qualify.

Also appears you made an account just to bash a dealer offering a fair deal, how sad✌
  1. Ford does have reasonable rates, I plan to finance with them.
  2. I've already defended this dealership's deal earlier in the thread.
  3. But still, if I was buying from a dealer that penalized me for not going with their preferred lender, especially if they don't lead with that disclaimer? They can go pound sand, I'd rather pay an ADM than deal with this slimy stuff.
Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at that $10 CV LOT MANAGEMENT fee on there, don't show @WasChops, he might flip a lid and flame you out of business.
Again - it was the principal of the matter and the response! Please no more comments

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't register just to bash a dealer. I'm sharing my experience to help others avoid this nonsense. Keep in mind that not all of us need financing and I don't want to be compelled to obtain financing just to secure a deal. If I do choose to finance I would likely choose my credit union. No need to make or assume false statements. I'm attaching their quote.
Still less than MSRP, even if you pay the $1000.

Take it, negotiate it, or leave it.

GrabberMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The financing issue is something that should also be included in the original post by the dealer. The deal itself isnt bad, but if it requires in house financing to get that deal then that should be in the original post. The extra $1000 can quickly make it a not so good deal.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
It gets even worse. I contacted Koons Ford for a bid and in addition to the $899 doc fee they wrote a stipulation that I must finance through Ford or pay an additional $1000. Avoid these clowns!
Oh, by the way...

Sponsored

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum arena, however not new to the car business or to Ford. I have 35 years in the auto industry. I started my career with Ford Motor Company in the Parts and service division. I left Ford and moved over to the retail side of the business. Since that time I have held positions as General Manager, General Sales Manager, New Car Manager, Used Car Manager, Parts and Service Director, Parts Manager, Service Manager, Controller and Commercial Sales Manager.

Currently Koons Woodbridge Ford is looking to generate more Factory orders. I want to help. We’re encouraging potential customers to order by offering discounts of up to 5% on select vehicles. These discounts are on Factory Ordered vehicles only. In stock units are priced online on our website https://www.koonswoodbridgeford.com

The online prices include the rebates that are offered on the vehicle and may include Ford Credit incentives or trade assistance. All prices are before taxes tags and our $899 processing fee. We do not ship vehicles and do not entertain courtesy deliveries.

We can pick you up at the areas airports and train stations. I look forward to working with each and every one of you as we work towards one mission, making Koons Woodbridge Ford one of the largest selling Ford dealers in the country.

Sincerely,

Hal Farrington
Commercial Sales Manager
Koons Woodbridge Ford
[email protected]
Office Phone – 703-986-5515
Cell Phone - 703-401-2581

I recently picked up my Maverick from Koons Ford in Woodbridge. They did an excellent job in the ordering process, keeping me updated on the production schedule and when I came in to make the purchase they did not add any additional fees or try to up sell me on anything. I recommend if you go to Koons Ford speak with Brian Haynesworth. He will take care of you. Brian is professional and very knowledgeable. I put 100 mile on the Maverick today and it was amazing. My only concern is the stripping around the rear passenger window. It is a little funky and something I am going to watch for a few days to see if I need to have it further looked at.

Aside from the purchasing process at Koons Ford, which was great, I am not impressed with the Parts and Service Department and that is why I am simply watching the rear window strip repair for now rather than having to deal with their Service Department.

Like many of you I have been a member of this site since I ordered my Maverick in July 2021. After my initial order, I went back to Koons to have the bed cover removed because of constraints. On the day I went in to pick-up and purchase the Maverick, I went to the Parts Department to order the Ford bed cover. I purchased it and was told it would be at the dealership in a few days. For other reasons my Maverick had to stay at the dealership for a week. A repair had to be done before I could drive the Maverick. I had no inconvenience, they gave me a loaner truck. Like I wrote, the sales staff was great. The cover came in while the Maverick was still at the dealership so I asked if they could install the cover, where I was told it would be a two to three hour job and cost almost four hundred dollars. According to the Ford website, the cost of installation is thirty dollars, if purchased through Ford. This is why I am a little unsettled with dealing with this service department. My wife and I installed the cover in twenty minutes this morning.

When I was told how much the installation cost I asked them to just put the cover in the back of the truck and I would install it myself. Yesterday, the day after I picked up the Maverick, I got a call from Koons saying they gave me the wrong cover and that I also took the cover without paying for it. After four phone calls, that really made me irate, the Parts Manager verified that I did have the correct cover for the Maverick and it was paid for. This is why I am a little unsettled with the Parts Department.

I still recommend you go see Brian and buy, or order a vehicle, he will take care of you. I am hoping that my bad experience with the Parts and Services Departments was just a one time thing and they will do a better job in the future. I hope so, I may need to have that window looked at.

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I did not discuss the processing fee in my last post.. When the final deal was done taking into account my trade in offer, financing and the final cost of the Maverick, the final deal was a great one. All dealer processing fees in this area are higher than what I have seen posted in other parts of the country. I also did not have any additional fees for not going through Ford finance. I hope this is helpful.

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I recently picked up my Maverick from Koons Ford in Woodbridge. They did an excellent job in the ordering process, keeping me updated on the production schedule and when I came in to make the purchase they did not add any additional fees or try to up sell me on anything. I recommend if you go to Koons Ford speak with Brian Haynesworth. He will take care of you. Brian is professional and very knowledgeable. I put 100 mile on the Maverick today and it was amazing. My only concern is the stripping around the rear passenger window. It is a little funky and something I am going to watch for a few days to see if I need to have it further looked at.

Aside from the purchasing process at Koons Ford, which was great, I am not impressed with the Parts and Service Department and that is why I am simply watching the rear window strip repair for now rather than having to deal with their Service Department.

Like many of you I have been a member of this site since I ordered my Maverick in July 2021. After my initial order, I went back to Koons to have the bed cover removed because of constraints. On the day I went in to pick-up and purchase the Maverick, I went to the Parts Department to order the Ford bed cover. I purchased it and was told it would be at the dealership in a few days. For other reasons my Maverick had to stay at the dealership for a week. A repair had to be done before I could drive the Maverick. I had no inconvenience, they gave me a loaner truck. Like I wrote, the sales staff was great. The cover came in while the Maverick was still at the dealership so I asked if they could install the cover, where I was told it would be a two to three hour job and cost almost four hundred dollars. According to the Ford website, the cost of installation is thirty dollars, if purchased through Ford. This is why I am a little unsettled with dealing with this service department. My wife and I installed the cover in twenty minutes this morning.

When I was told how much the installation cost I asked them to just put the cover in the back of the truck and I would install it myself. Yesterday, the day after I picked up the Maverick, I got a call from Koons saying they gave me the wrong cover and that I also took the cover without paying for it. After four phone calls, that really made me irate, the Parts Manager verified that I did have the correct cover for the Maverick and it was paid for. This is why I am a little unsettled with the Parts Department.

I still recommend you go see Brian and buy, or order a vehicle, he will take care of you. I am hoping that my bad experience with the Parts and Services Departments was just a one time thing and they will do a better job in the future. I hope so, I may need to have that window looked at.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just noting that your $899 "processing fee" is itself more than 3% of invoice on most Mavericks.
I caught that too. May as well just advertise a $300 or $400; it will come out to about that. Granger is offering $3000 off MSRP till the end of the month...

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

As for that $30 install, (and only the install, I won't defend the back and forth BS- that should never happen) please point your frustration at Ford Motor Company, not the parts dept you are dealing with....UNLESS they are a participating dealer on that accessories website.

Dealership parts and service departments are quite angry about Ford undercutting labor on their accessory site, we chose not to participate because at our shop rate this would allow for roughly 16 minutes to complete a bed cover installation before we start losing money.

Ford doesn't pay for installation so they seem to have nothing to lose by throwing out a ridiculously low number. What they fail to realize is that when we look bad, they look bad.

Sponsored

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
As for that $30 install, (and only the install, I won't defend the back and forth BS- that should never happen) please point your frustration at Ford Motor Company, not the parts dept you are dealing with....UNLESS they are a participating dealer on that accessories website.

Dealership parts and service departments are quite angry about Ford undercutting labor on their accessory site, we chose not to participate because at our shop rate this would allow for roughly 16 minutes to complete a bed cover installation before we start losing money.

Ford doesn't pay for installation so they seem to have nothing to lose by throwing out a ridiculously low number. What they fail to realize is that when we look bad, they look bad.
It took 20 minutes for me and my wife to install and this is nothing we have experience with or do on a regular bases. So yes I do have a issue with the dealer charging several hundred dollars and saying it is a three hour job????? Give me a break. So maybe Ford says it is only thirty dollars because it should only take an experienced technician 16 minutes to do the installation. This goes back to all the other service and processing fees we discuss on this forum. Why do the dealerships have to go over board? They want us to buy car from them, finance it with them and service the vehicle with them, as a customer we just want to be treated fairly. If they told me they would install it for a hundred dollars I would have said yes. Yup more then the thirty but I would have found that a happy middle ground. They would have made some money and have a happy customer.

As far as the parts department goes they accused me of stealing. Never did get an apology.

As far as the dealers relationship with Ford and what Ford adversities and how that effects the dealerships is none of the customers business. If it is that bad than stop selling Fords.

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum arena, however not new to the car business or to Ford. I have 35 years in the auto industry. I started my career with Ford Motor Company in the Parts and service division. I left Ford and moved over to the retail side of the business. Since that time I have held positions as General Manager, General Sales Manager, New Car Manager, Used Car Manager, Parts and Service Director, Parts Manager, Service Manager, Controller and Commercial Sales Manager.

Currently Koons Woodbridge Ford is looking to generate more Factory orders. I want to help. We’re encouraging potential customers to order by offering discounts of up to 5% on select vehicles. These discounts are on Factory Ordered vehicles only. In stock units are priced online on our website https://www.koonswoodbridgeford.com

The online prices include the rebates that are offered on the vehicle and may include Ford Credit incentives or trade assistance. All prices are before taxes tags and our $899 processing fee. We do not ship vehicles and do not entertain courtesy deliveries.

We can pick you up at the areas airports and train stations. I look forward to working with each and every one of you as we work towards one mission, making Koons Woodbridge Ford one of the largest selling Ford dealers in the country.

Sincerely,

Hal Farrington
Commercial Sales Manager
Koons Woodbridge Ford
[email protected]
Office Phone – 703-986-5515
Cell Phone - 703-401-2581
I hope you’re following my Koons Ford thread mate. You need to get your people under control.
I contacted Ford’s customer service and filed complaints against Koons. Their response was “we are greatly disturbed by these actions by Koons, please note we are documenting all of these types of incidents and take them very seriously”. They went on to say they’d like to assist me in finding a “reputable” Ford dealership to work with in obtaining the vehicle of my choosing. Koons overall should be embarrassed and I truly hope Ford backs up their statements about redirecting your allocations to other dealerships.

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Granger Ford where I ordered from only wanted $180 doc fee, and $45 in transit tag, which I would assume to be a temp tag. I will bring them my Texas sales tax form for them to fill out, so I can pay sales tax in my home state.

I got the $3,000 off MSRP deal from Granger. Truck will be in production middle of august. 4% off invoice isnt a bad deal until you load up that deal with a lot of paperwork fees. If the vehicle is bought and has to be driven 700-800 miles after its picked up, the exorbitant paperwork fees help to kill it.

Im hoping Granger Ford does a similar deal for 2023. May be buying a second one for the wifey.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It took 20 minutes for me and my wife to install and this is nothing we have experience with or do on a regular bases. So yes I do have a issue with the dealer charging several hundred dollars and saying it is a three hour job????? Give me a break. So maybe Ford says it is only thirty dollars because it should only take an experienced technician 16 minutes to do the installation. This goes back to all the other service and processing fees we discuss on this forum. Why do the dealerships have to go over board? They want us to buy car from them, finance it with them and service the vehicle with them, as a customer we just want to be treated fairly. If they told me they would install it for a hundred dollars I would have said yes. Yup more then the thirty but I would have found that a happy middle ground. They would have made some money and have a happy customer.

As far as the parts department goes they accused me of stealing. Never did get an apology.

As far as the dealers relationship with Ford and what Ford adversities and how that effects the dealerships is none of the customers business. If it is that bad than stop selling Fords.
It takes longer to open the box and read the instructions than to install one of these🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored