Sponsored

Koons Woodbridge Ford 4% below invoice on Forum Orders. Woodbridge VA.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just say 1.5% below invoice and zero processing fees. It would go over SO much better.
This is a good idea. The original headline was misleading clickbait. But it’s really not a bad deal. Had he posted the actual deal, he probably wouldn’t have been torn apart.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
So, isn't this exactly like the folks who say "Ford is charging too much for shipping!" Yes, probably, but so what?! What's the bottom price?

So, get a quote, and if it is good, then go with it. If not, move on, and let the man do his business.
I abhor overinflated doc fees but I was thinking something similar to this right here^.

Taking 4% off and then sliding in an inflated doc fee is no worse than Ford saying the Mav starts at $19,995 when it really starts at $21,400....I'd actually say it's more honest. 🤷‍♂️

GrabberMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Even on an XL Hybrid with no options this deal still comes out to under msrp with the fees included. So could still be a good deal for someone especially if they are fairly local.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
This example shows best case scenario to a certain degree. The law of diminishing returns on lower model, lower priced mavericks will get a little more murky to the savings. All in all, I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I could put in an order for a hybrid (which isn't happening anymore) and I knew it would get scheduled sooner rather than later.
It appears that you are correct. I would like to see two more examples. The first being a bare bones XL hybrid, and the other, an XLT hybrid with a couple of the most popular options (maybe trailer hitch and 360). That would paint a much clearer picture of what's being offered.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every scenario beats MSRP. If I were him, I wouldn't bother posting other scenarios, anyone who is serious about it will figure out how to get a quote.

Reactions: JJC

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The cheapest Maverick at MSRP is $20,000 which you cannot order because it's a hybrid. Even still, 4% off MSRP would be $800 which would basically make up the doc fee. Since it's off invoice and an Ecoboost is an option, the deal is going to be better. No matter which model you buy, the price would be below MSRP. The more expensive the model, the bigger the discount. I'll go out on a limb and say the doc fee is standard in Virginia. Given all the complaining I've seen about markup, this seems like a solid deal.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just say 1.5% below invoice and zero processing fees. It would go over SO much better.
Because inevitably some person would then throw a rod when they look at the itemized purchase contract and see the $899 doc fee line item even if the vehicle sale price is that much lower.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because inevitably some person would then throw a rod when they look at the itemized purchase contract and see the $899 doc fee line item even if the vehicle sale price is that much lower.
I'm saying give a smaller % off, and then put the doc/processing fees, in great big, bold letters: $0.00. A lot of people would like that!

craigg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It gets even worse. I contacted Koons Ford for a bid and in addition to the $899 doc fee they wrote a stipulation that I must finance through Ford or pay an additional $1000. Avoid these clowns!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
The deal is fair, imo.

How many Maverick allotments do you have? How many orders do you have?

Reactions: JJC
Sponsored

craigg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And what's stopping one from financing with Ford, then immediately refinancing wherever they like? Seems like a simple way around that if true. Regardless, Ford has some pretty reasonable rates right now unless you don't qualify.

Also appears you made an account just to bash a dealer offering a fair deal, how sad✌
I didn't register just to bash a dealer. I'm sharing my experience to help others avoid this nonsense. Keep in mind that not all of us need financing and I don't want to be compelled to obtain financing just to secure a deal. If I do choose to finance I would likely choose my credit union. No need to make or assume false statements. I'm attaching their quote.

Attachments

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4% below invoice + $899 doc fee is what's being offered, I'm not sure how much more clear the OP could have made it? Seems like a fair deal to me.
The subject line states 4% under invoice... it does not state + $899 doc fee. It's click bait, capitalizing on this forum's popularity and the dealers in here offering true below invoice pricing without padding fees.

huntsville_dave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $299 admin fee (Ontario, Canada) (was $499 in 2013 when I bought my f150) as well as saved $350 off the MSRP on my Maverick order.....have seen other dealers on this site (USA) with 3 or 4% below MSRP...shop around folks it's the salesman who wins here.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not defending this dealer. I'm only a few miles away from this dealer and have my order placed with a competitor. I'm paying MSRP plus $899 processing fee. The lowest I've seen in this area has been $799 processing fee and I don't like any of them.
Sponsored