First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If a fuel surcharge is added to the price of a vehicle .... we have come so far that a tank of gas must be financed over the life of the vehicle. Gas prices must be through the roof.
I don't know how fuel got onto a DORA as it is a vehicle being purchased, not a tank of fuel. In the past, a couple gallons(?) were put into the fuel tank near the end of the assembly line. Each of the new Ford products purchased has come with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
Is there a new process? Full tank? What? Whose idea was it to charge for fuel, esp on a car not even delivered to the actual selling dealership, and in a different state?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
If a fuel surcharge is added to the price of a vehicle .... we have come so far that a tank of gas must be financed over the life of the vehicle. Gas prices must be through the roof.
I don't know how fuel got onto a DORA as it is a vehicle being purchased, not a tank of fuel. In the past, a couple gallons(?) were put into the fuel tank near the end of the assembly line. Each of the new Ford products purchased has come with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
Is there a new process? Full tank? What? Whose idea was it to charge for fuel, esp on a car not even delivered to the actual selling dealership, and in a different state?
the fuel charge has always been on the invoice as far as i know...its actually for the fuel Ford puts in the tank, which is usually between empty & 1/4...from there, we need to fill it up on our dime...its really a profit center for Ford based on what they charge on the invoice....tbh i dont know why they list it on the invoice...they should just increase the base invoice price

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
@Dealerinsider

In another thread, a user posted a very negative opinion of your dealership. It is as follows:

""One of those dealerships you mention here, I had an order with... that Stealership then sent me a revised DORAN with a small markup add on... they claimed it was from Ford - but the DORAN itemized list did NOT indicate the same charge from Ford, it only indicated the add on to the line item for the Discounted off MSRP side of the quote. Needless to say, I am not buying from that Stealership.""

In reading more, it appears he is upset about the $47 fuel surcharge added to his order.

As he made his comments publicly, could you comment on your policies? I think with the horror stories about Broncos and other delivery problems (at other dealers) this could put people's minds at ease.
Out of 400+ orders i have 2 customers who are giving us a hard time...instead of asking "hey, what is this charge", we get called a stealership & questioned the legitimacy of our offer & dealership...so i cancelled both their orders...1. is about the gas charge on the invoice...2 is about the $10 connected vehicle charge that started showing up the on the Doras after 9/1....both these i have no control over...

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat AWD Iconic
If you have a tape measure, maybe a measurement from the base of the infotainment screen/lower dash to the back seat middle just below of the rear middle headrest ? Thx !

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
If you have a tape measure, maybe a measurement from the base of the infotainment screen/lower dash to the back seat middle just below of the rear middle headrest ? Thx !
shoot me an email please…I’m in meetings and having my peeps handle

[email protected]

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Out of 400+ orders i have 2 customers who are giving us a hard time...instead of asking "hey, what is this charge", we get called a stealership & questioned the legitimacy of our offer & dealership...so i cancelled both their orders...1. is about the gas charge on the invoice...2 is about the $10 connected vehicle charge that started showing up the on the Doras after 9/1....both these i have no control over...
@Dealerinsider I appreciate your response. I hope your response can get as much traction as the complaints. Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation.

As I quoted the complaint, I want to confirm that my experience so far as been exactly what I would expect. An easy order process, prompt responses, etc. I noticed the fuel charge because the numbers were off a bit, but it wasn't hidden or slipped in after the fact in any way.

I guess I would like life to be going so awesome that I can get worked up over a fee of 0.1% that was clearly line-itemed before my order.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect that the complaint leveled at Chapman Ford was made by a person with an anger issue. With the fantastic discount on the Maverick from Chapman, why get upset on the fuel charge? Most dealers say that it comes out of their pocket and not reimbursed by Ford. I am aware some forum members claim that Ford does indeed reimburse the dealer. I am also getting 3% discount (from another dealer though) and I am saving over $2000! Why get upset over a $50 fuel charge IMHO?

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I suspect that the complaint leveled at Chapman Ford was made by a person with an anger issue. With the fantastic discount on the Maverick from Chapman, why get upset on the fuel charge? Most dealers say that it comes out of their pocket and not reimbursed by Ford. I am aware some forum members claim that Ford does indeed reimburse the dealer. I am also getting 3% discount (from another dealer though) and I am saving over $2000! Why get upset over a $50 fuel charge IMHO?
im with you...i wish they just added it to the base invoice...

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heck, I'm getting a good enough deal that I might fill up the sales persons vehicle. :)

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's simply not possible to make 100% of customers happy 100% of the time. I think that your transparency speaks for the integrity of your business.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Chapman,

In another thread (the one about Broncos), a user posted a very negative opinion of your dealership not being honest. As many of us here have orders with you, I just wanted to make you aware of the accusations and give you a chance to address them:

"One of those dealerships you mention here, I had an order with... that Stealership then sent me a revised DORAN with a small markup add on... they claimed it was from Ford - but the DORAN itemized list did NOT indicate the same charge from Ford, it only indicated the add on to the line item for the Discounted off MSRP side of the quote. Needless to say, I am not buying from that Stealership."

Again, this is not my opinion, it is quoted from another thread. All of my dealings with your company so far have been pleasant.
They likely didn’t notice it on the original DORA, but it’s clearly listed on mine. This was addressed a couple of months ago by either Granger or Tim Bartz.

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
They likely didn’t notice it on the original DORA, but it’s clearly listed on mine. This was addressed a couple of months ago by either Granger or Tim Bartz.
the gas was on his previous Dora...the $10 connected vehicle charge started around 9/1
Sponsored