Sponsored

It is worth getting both 4K Tow and Fx4?

Mavowner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there are a few posts on this same subject but wanted to throw it out here again.
I ordered a Area 51, Ecoboost AWD Lariat, Lux Pkg, 4K Tow, Black Appearance Pkg., 360 Assist. Basically about every option. We'll see if I ever see it.............
About my question-
1- Is it worth also adding the Fx4 and get the "other options" that I'm not getting with the 4K and Lariat pkg??? Since some are duplicates. I do like the idea of some type of skid plates underneath it. I know the shocks are different but not sure what else.
I'm not sure it I'd end up with the Fx4 17" rims or the 18" that come with the black appearance pkg. I'd be pissed if I got the 17".........
So, any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure it I'd end up with the Fx4 17" rims or the 18" that come with the black appearance pkg. I'd be pissed if I got the 17".........
So, any input would be appreciated.
You wonā€™t because you canā€™t order both the FX4 and Black Appearance Package (BAP). So itā€™s one or the other for you.

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
The 4k tow question seems pretty easy-do you every plan to tow anything any significant distance? Yes? Get it. No? Don't need it.

I think for sanity if you plan to do really any towing (beyond a light cargo trailer), 4K is a good to have. My understanding is that the 2k or 4k number includes all people and cargo loaded in the truck as well as that being towed behind. So even for a light teardrop camper, it may make a great deal of sense to just get the 4k to make sure you're solid throughout the entire trip.

FX4 or BAP I suppose depends on what out of it that you want. I think FX4 is pretty solidly worth the add-on price for it, and if you want the stuff in BAP, that also talks for itself. If you think these are just extras, then go without, plenty of people do, and have.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was getting an AWD Maverick, I'd get 4k and FX4. I'd want it to be as much of a "real" truck as possible.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4 vs 4k, I chose the 4k since I don't go off roading and don't need tow hooks nor a decal.
The other differences are also moot for me. Just my 2 cents since you asked. :)

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was going to go 4k and FX4- the latter mainly to get the black wheels. When the black package came along I switched to that- get the black seats also which I think will look sharp.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350ā€™s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tow is better than 4k feature wise but I got both, mainly because I wanted the cool wheels and Sand Mode which is awesome in deep snow.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know if the lower gear ration of the 4K towing option lowers the MPG much?

581u812

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pondered this as well. After watching this video from TFL OFFROAD I decided going with the 4k and skipping the FX4 package was a good decision for me. This video shows capability without FX4 and its good enough for what I'll be doing.

Sponsored

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your an in city kind of guy / mall crawler, than dont bother with FX4. But I have had skid plates on my (Jeepā€˜s) for the past 20 yrs and would not go without skid plates even if it just for a couple of hunting or fishing or camping trips off road a few times a year. My hope is that the Tremor has some extra protection that I can add to my FX4, those plates on my jeeps saved my bacon more than once! I just wish I could get the felt liners that run along the undersides of the Maverick stamped out of metal, that would be the cats ass!

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you can add the extra fx4 transmission modes with a usb to OBD2 adapter with a laptop and Forscan loaded.

I would get the 17" rims as it gives you way more options for tires then the 18's